ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Differences on the Extreme

I wanted to know if anyone knew of the mechanical changes (if any) of the extreme compared to the normal clios?

On my extreme the suspension seems soft and theyve just stiffened the shocks, as to be honest the ride isnt all too good. My dads got an M3 with the optional 19 inchs (30 profile rubber) and it handles speed bumps better! Has it got an antiroll bar?

Can someone with a non 172 give me an honest opinion of uprated shocks and suspension (ideally k-tecs) and how they affect your cars ride please, as i dont know whether to take the plunge or not.

Extreme and dynamique are the same..... The other clio range have much gayer suspension I think... I was looking at SPAX they do a set for our cars, I did think about just getting lowering springs but then I thought na f**k it handling it important to me so im saving up for spax.... So same question as above but with other suspension makes???

H22A7 Accord Type R

im still pondering over 30mm Eibach springs for the handling.............or the 35mm Pis..............or the 40mm Apex.............hmmmmMight go Pi and meet half way??? What ya think Steve? Im surprised the Extreme feels soft! My car seems to be hard as hell! It skips if i hit bumps in the road! Its funny tho, when i had a DCI dynamique courtest car, it felt softer than mine, with the same sport setup.............interesting!!

No it dont feel soft.... Just I really corner fast now im used to it... I get it to lean right over lol. I did just want lowering springs but a full kit with shorter shocks is the way to go if your into cornering like i am. I mean what else is there to do with a 1.2 ;)

yeah I know what you mean Fred ..... the Dynamic does have a horrid boring and somewhat gay interior, thank god the extreme came along!!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Ok

This is too bright or "gay"
This is just right or "smart"

Hey are you saying the extreme interior is happy and jolly?? The dynamique is for boring people who have no sense of stile

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Ok remind me to bring a needle and thread to stich up my sides when i see your trim

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

why? im only kidding dude

you gotta laugh when u got a 1.2

even if it has gay trim ;) (just kidding)

Nothing wrong with a 1.2.....LOL I still manage to beat people in races etc but i try harder on corners..... is your engine lumpy on startup now its cold??

H22A7 Accord Type R

lol..............i can see the car park division already! Anyone got a set of the Euro Car parts lexus lights???? Be interested to hear peoples views of them.............just to take some attention away from the high level of testosterone in here about who has the nicest internal orgasms........or is that orgins?

Ahhh thats bad aint it... bloody renault... mine is going in on the 19th lets see if they can fix it.

So what really do you think about the Spax suspension for handling purposes?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

not worth the money just lower it you wont notice the diffrence

I dunno.... it will remove lots of body roll coz the shorter shocks.... way I look at it just springs are £100 so why not spend twice that and have proper setup suspension..... I will see

What was the original question anyway.... His dads m3 handles speed bumps better??? Just cut ya springs by 80mm and take them at 60mph... An M3 is bigger you cant compair.

Differences are front seats hold you more..... Steering is a better ratio.... shocks are slightly harder. Thats about it really....

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

and m3 is £39,000 quid

a clio is under £9,000

go figure................

H22A7 Accord Type R

steering is a better ratio on what compared to what Steve????? Extreme against Dynamique? difference Just a CD player and those seats aint it??

Yes i appreciate the M3 is more expensive, front suspension isnt any better though.

I think it has got the 172 steering rack, thats all i could find out. Thanks for all the replys..apart from the more stupid ones lol

I didnt like the interior of my extreme first of all, but its grown on me a lot, it brightens up a the cabin and gives the seats a definte sporty appeal. Down to individual taste though!

Theres no point in getting no shocks and just getting suspension, you either give it nothing or your all!

How will it affect insurance?????:cry:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

how do you think? add £300ish

172 steering rack sorry mate it hasnt

as for the m3 vs clio debate- are you being serious?

hey this place got well boring it was better when you were all arguing over what was gayer!!!! and i think i have the answer........ having a 1.2 16v is just gay whatever colour it comes in!! sports seats.... of course they blodey hold you in... you cant go fast enough to throw youreself out the poxy things!! time for a car change cant handle the terrible french build quality!! i brought the renault cos i was after cheap RELIABLE motoring. WRONG my car has in the last 9 months (from new) had no less than 11 problems that have required renault to take my car for more than one day!!! thats worse than my old 1989 ford fiesta 1.1 which in 8 months of motoring cost me £2.79 for a gasket and thats it!! time for a Jap 2 seater weapon!! see you around slow boys!!

Lionel Richie

EXTREME IS IDENTICAL TO THE DYNAMIC APART FROM THE COVERS ON THE SEATS (and the wee gay boy sticker on the door) Plus the stereo

SAME ENGINE, SAME STEERING, SAME SUSPENSION

SAME EFFING CAR!!!!!

Sorry, Silly me, the EXTREME sticker adds 15bhp!!!!