ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Diary of a ph1.

Titanium 182
Got my hands on a new rad, will fit it tomorrow as I've got a long weekend (4 days) :cool:

Watch me get the bumper off and find its a hole in the lower rad coolant pipe lol.

Titanium 182
Renault didn't half just bend me over.. £40.66 for an oil level sensor so my dash's digital oil level wont keep going up and down.

Bloody robbing gits.

digital oil level sensor part number is 0 82 00 670 520

For anyone who needs one.

Off to fit my new radiator in a bit, roads are icy out wheels were spinning everywhere.

Titanium 182
Big day today, changed my radiator and found it was a split plastic bung causing my coolant leak, also changed the digital oil level sensor which is now working perfect :D I don't think it would have been possible to change without the bumper off and radiator removed tbh.

gave it an oil change too and filled it with fresh coolant but I'm not sure I've bled the system properly.

Pics.

Couldn't get this bit off for ages till I realised you just loosen the bolts and slide it off..
4178823363_0cee7c0edd.png

Split bung causing leak.
4179586858_4cc2996739.png

£60 of fluids lol.
4179585868_46a944f565.png

oil level sensor
4178822137_e055ccfec1.png

Scary.
4179583986_db047f5cee.png

Titanium 182
I forgot this bit..
When I tried to bleed the coolant I loosened the bolt too much and the pressure fired it out and boiling coolant p**sed all over my battery and gear box lol. Bad times I didn't want it to dissolve anything so I got a nearby watering can and "diluted" it, watering your engine ftl.

Someone needs to make a guide on how to bleed the coolant :rasp:

TTRS & V50
I forgot this bit..
When I tried to bleed the coolant I loosened the bolt too much and the pressure fired it out and boiling coolant p**sed all over my battery and gear box lol. Bad times I didn't want it to dissolve anything so I got a nearby watering can and "diluted" it, watering your engine ftl.

Someone needs to make a guide on how to bleed the coolant :rasp:

Lol, you live and learn.

Titanium 182
Aye I wont be doing that again ! burned my hand on the stuff :( Don't even know if the bolt I was undoing was the "bleed screw" if someone could take a pic of the coolant bleed screw/bolt and post it I would appreciate it !

Whilst under the car I noticed excessive wear on the inside of my drivers side front tyre. Didn't check the passenger side was too busy. I should probably get my tracking sorted out properly.. (full 4 wheel alignment) and everything before it costs me a fortune in tyres. I might wash it tomorrow as it's bare ming. :dead:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Just done my dads coolant change tonight, doesn't the engine have to be stone cold to stop any potential damage of putting cold coolant in a hot engine? Thats what i thought anyway. Plus if it was hot then there will be a lot of pressure so no wonder the bolt flew out lol

Titanium 182
I put the coolant in before I started it then ran it with the heaters on full and the cap off the expansion bottle. Then I undid that bolt a bit to let any excess air out and the above happened :( Don't know what I did wrong ! :(

Titanium 182
Ali do you have a picture/ diagram of the bleeding screw ? by any chance lol

I think it's ok now, it must have had a bit of water left in the block or something because it didn't take much coolant really and the coolant level hasn't sunk anymore (it sank a bit after I started it)

Plus the radiator gets hot so it's getting pumped round..

Titanium 182
I've just found it in the workshop manual, and what I thought was the bleed screw was ! but I'm a bit confused because it was just a 10mm bolt on mine... Is that right ?!

When when it says "Open the bleed screw on the circuit" does it mean to just loosen said bolt or remove it completely ?

In which case what does "Close the bleed screw when the liquid starts to
flow in a continuous stream." mean ?

Mega confused.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
yes there should be a 10mm bolt on the thermostat on the right hand side of the cyclinder head as you look at it, remove the screw until coolant rushes out, there should be a bleed screw toward the bulk head aswel for the matrix.

Cant say ive done a coolant change on a 172 but done loads on normal f4r engines which should be the same.

Titanium 182
Cheers ! :) will have a look when I get a chance, think I should be ok because it was deff running out when I put the bolt back in ;) don't think there is a prob with my matrix because it was blowing hot air through without a problem ?

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
should be ok then, u know its all good once your fan has cut in then the thermostat will open. It may need topping again once the car is cold.

Titanium 182
I shall run it until the fan cuts in in the morning then ! :cool: not a problem I have a load of coolant left, bought 5 litres of concentrate :dapprove:

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
i have 30litres of Genuine renault coolant in my garage, fuk nose what im gunna do with it.

Titanium 182
Belts in jan/feb. I'll CC the door handles too at some point when I can be bothered. Then maybe sell her summer time for something else :)

(Or just buy something else and make her a semi track weekend car)

Oh & a wheel refurb.. they are in great condition rim wise no kerb marks but the paint is so old you can rub it off with your finger if you try hard enough lol.

In fact I'd quite like an exhaust too.. Time will tell I guess, don't really know at the mo :rasp:

Titanium 182
I can't decide :rasp:

LY 182 would be a nice cheap alternative but it would be my 4th mk2 clio lol
and I'm only 20 so of my first 5 cars 4 would be clios :eek:
I'd also like a LY R27 or R26.. Or an R32 or a Scooby or a 350Z

Honda & VW

LY 182 would be a nice cheap alternative but it would be my 4th mk2 clio lol
and I'm only 20 so of my first 5 cars 4 would be clios :eek:
I'd also like a LY R27 or R26.. Or an R32 or a Scooby or a 350Z

Thats mad as i may change mine in the near future for a LY182 for my girlfriend to have then i'll take her RB182.

Titanium 182
I was just starting to get on top of my finances again but thankfully I've put about an inch long crack in my front bumper so I should be poor again soon !

These cars are so so so bad in the snow I wasn't prepared for how bad haha. Slid into one of those light up bollard things. Light inside it went off and it fell over.

Drove off and denied all knowledge.

e91 330d/type r mini
I was just starting to get on top of my finances again but thankfully I've put about an inch long crack in my front bumper so I should be poor again soon !

These cars are so so so bad in the snow I wasn't prepared for how bad haha. Slid into one of those light up bollard things. Light inside it went off and it fell over.

where abouts have you done that? roads around here are bloody awfull at the moment, thats why i have left the m parked up today, i caught a rim last night whilst parking up not happy :(

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Really bad in the snow, just taken mine out for the first time since the snow started and it wouldn't move until i took tc off and then wouldn't stop because of ABS.