ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Diary of a ph1.

Titanium 182
Ordered the wheel £147 with a boss kit. I'm financially ruined, not buying any more car stuff until next month ! ;)

od2005nn.bmp

I've edited my car on my avatar <<<<<<<<< to pay homage to the fact I'm stealing everything Tom has done to his car.
/Shame

Titanium 182
Got the day off tomorrow so I'm going to wash it (Shock horror) I might even clean inside too o_O my ph2 lights should arrive too so I need the guide for rewiring them (link me up) I'm assuming that wont take too long. Then it's off to Renault to pick up my 1*2 bullets and get my radio code as I don't have it :mad:

Then when my wheel arrives I'm collaring you to fit the steering wheel Tom and were off for a blast.
:D

Next month I'm gonna get a wheel refurb done, new tyres and maybe think aboot some seats.

Titanium 182
f**k off am I getting mine mapped at £400 what they gonna do get me 158hp ?! it needs a cambelt I'd be better getting that done :rasp: ! wait till well into next year and I'll think about it but I'd rather just RStuner it ;)

Cheapo init

Edit is it muzzy ? I can't remember your tag ffs :dead:

Double edit, Forza ?

f**k off am I getting mine mapped at £400 what they gonna do get me 158hp ?! it needs a cambelt I'd be better getting that done :rasp: ! wait till well into next year and I'll think about it but I'd rather just RStuner it ;)

Cheapo init

Edit is it muzzy ? I can't remember your tag ffs :dead:

Noooooo!!!!! The flying (off with your money) dutchman will have your pants down.

Its a lot of money, im having to put some serious thought into it. I'm in work everyday the rest of this week until 8pm, ive got a day off friday though so if you fancy a run out that would be lovely. I'll pop your wheel on if you havent done it by then too.

And yeh its muzzy you boob.

How does xbox live work?

Titanium 182
Haha, I'm not a massive believer or remapping N/A cars anyway TBF.

Yea it should have arrived by then and I was contemplating booking Friday off anyway cos I can't be f**ked !

I don't have a screwdriver thingy long enough to fit doon the holes on the back of my wheel so you'll have to do it :rasp:

(Don't make that into something it's not.)

Last edited:
  Titanium 182
1*2 ph2 (brand new!) bullets are now on and PH2 rear lights are on and wired up correctly (Quite proud of myself there :rasp:)

Steering wheel should be delivered today/tomorrow :D

Titanium 182
Washed it yesterday, I had to put AG intensive tar remover in a spray bottle (very very impressed with this stuff, spray on leave 2 mins and the tar just wipes off) and do basically every panel apart from the roof !

Looks mint now though :) PH2 side strips fitted my brand spanking new bullets from Renault lowered wheels clean tyre blackener ph2 lights fitted :) I really like the height too ! I would like some small spacers though.

4098107918_de1867d00d.png

4098118950_3af266b3f1.png

Last edited:
  Titanium 182
I've only got the garage as my mothers car got written off so it's mine until she gets another (Probs next week) :(

Titanium 182
looking very nice!!!

how much is that lowered?

Not got a clue :D

perfec.

I've got 15mm spacers on mine at the front, mainly so the cups clear the calipers but it does improve the stance no end.

Thanks love, I might get a set next month, want those hubcentric ones though so my wheels don't fall off ! ;)

I got my day off cancelled by work btw :( so I'm currently sat in my office rotting, sun is out too a drive would have been epix ! Wheel hasn't been delivered yet tho :(

Looks bloody spanking. I'm somehow think i'm going to be copying you/tom when I get my ph1 I think ;)

As long as you edit your avatar :rasp:

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Loving it mate!!!
Glad to see u are sorting out all the things I didn't get chance to LOL
Will have to meet up sometime so I can see the old girl in the metal :)
Are u gonna colour code the handles?
Dont forget ive got first dibs to buy her back ;)

Titanium 182
Thanks man :) yeah she's starting to look how I want her to look (even though it's cost me the best part of a grand in bits & bobs!)
Fancy a trip to Leeds eh ? ;) yeah will do the handles once the new steering wheel is on then a wheel refurb and that's probably it. Just going to do them in a clean fresh silver I think. Make it look OEM but better :)
Yes I will let you know when I sell her providing Renault don't offer me £4k off a megane 250 next year for it :rasp:

Titanium 182
Bell sent me my renewal quote last night, Currently paying £1600 ish after swapping from my 182. Renewal £2049 roffles.

Rang adrian flux, £989 and adding any mods that don't increase BHP is free :)
(That's third party, didn't see the point in fully comp on the bus as it was only cheap :))

Going to ring sky and if they can't beat it will probably go with fluxxx.

I've never paid under a grand for insurance before :D

Titanium 182
Picked the OMP wheel and boss kit up from the post office at lunch time :cool:

Can't wait !

One of my mates also has just bought a 182 cup :rasp:

Titanium 182
Wheel fitted !

4115849872_3528094d1b.png

4115084663_f42b17167e.png

4115851602_4feb2a7e98.png

4115083313_1946d5d83f.png

Having trouble with my airbag and SERV lights though, if anyone can help me please see this thread !!!

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=467650

Regarding the wheel, feels much nicer to hold, looks much nicer (Sorry the pics are crap) and feels generally nicer to use, although because the Boss kit is quite long the indicator and wiper stalks feel too far away, a small price to pay though for a nicer wheel :)

TTRS & V50
Is your steering off since you fitting coilovers, or is your steering wheel always at that angle ?

New OMP is much better, that old steering wheel is fucked as. Would love an OMP, but sack getting rid of an air bag.

Titanium 182
It's at that angle in the pictures because I put steering lock on It's a habbit. When I'm driving in a straight line it's slightly to the left it did it with the old wheel before too. I'll ask my uncle about it tomorrow as I'm having a rear wheel bearing changed.

I worried about not having an airbag for ages too but I figured loads of my family owned hot hatches in the 80's with no airbags and they're all still here :cool:

The plan may eventually be reclining buckets and rear mounted harnesses in which case I shouldn't need an airbag as I'll be strapped tight in my seat !