ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Bilthamber clay (£10) Although can use water I use demon shine crap watered down as it costs nothing.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
This is IX...

zyzy3uga.jpg

yvedamaz.jpg

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Guess I needed to apply more :(

Still brought then up fairly well and was more of a tester clean cos its far too hot out there to do a thorough job.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Nah, just means there wasn't much brake dust/iron on them mate. Wheels looked quite clean tbf. My alcons show the product off well. Brake dust is mental off the Pagid pads, all of them are the same.

Great product anyway, best in class although most expensive. You don't actually need much of it to be honest.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Tbf there are loads of products out there doing the same thing, cheaper yes but none of them cheap enough for me to consider changing.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
They were fairly clean and no doubt the OE pads on my Diesel Pug aren't exactly race pads.

Just got Tardis to try out another day when it's not quite do hot although obviously won't be amazing visible on a black car.

Need a new drying towel, What are you guys using?
Could do with a bunch if new MF's also.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I seen both of those. Simply a trial isn't it. You know IX works.

Clio 1.5 dci
I'm someone who really enjoys waxing my car after a detail. I wax with carbon at the moment, but I've heard people raving about C2V3?? Would you recommend applying this directly after polishing or applying it over the top of carbon? I would love to find a combination that gives a super glossy look but that also lasts on the protection side of things too! I only ever wax my car after a detail so roughly every four months but with a sealant is it ok to top it up every month or so? I've also heard good things about z2, any opinions on this?

Not a 320d
Lol Soon as I started reading your post I was thinking...Carbon... carbon....

See for me Waxing is something i need time to do, and have the means to do it. Since moving out of my parents house I now have to park on a street and waxing the car is near impossible. Nor do I have the time to do it. So where C2V3 wins it for me is the time issue. It exceeds carbon in almost every way except 'feeling special'. All you do is spray and wipe and if you want to spend your summer evening or afternoon waxing the car, dont be disappointing when c2v3 is applied in the space of 5 minutes. Id think carbon would sit well over C2v3 also judging how well it lasted over Wolfs nano Sealant.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
C2V3 is the dog's danglies over wax! I do it always if I have time for waxing.

Not a 320d
Yeah its really needless and a waste TBH Im just trying to get a rise out of Kevin.

​Just bought some from Elite Car Care. lets see if they get it to me tomorrow.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's because he's a r****d, one of those guys lacking common sense and reasoning....

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Going to give the car a go with DA and tripple today, with the heat would it be a good idea to mist the paint with water if it appears to be drying out? I know its not ideal in this heat but I need to get it done.

Tripple is not as good as it should be by hand at 10pm. Let alone by machine during the day. Advise against it Adammmdotcunit, I've experienced it lately (didn't stop me, but like you, I need it done this week prior to a car show next).

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I need to do it today, I'll wait till the sun has dropped and then go at it. Not doing anything tonight so can do it in the evening shade plus there is a cool breeze so it should be manageable, would my suggestion help at all though if I need to?

Worst case scenario is I fail and go at it another time when the weather is cooler.

I see no reason why not. I spritz pads with QD to prime them when using Menz and 3M polishes. Presume an AIO wouldn't respond any differently.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Okay cheers, yeah done it before with menz. Long time ago mind :eek:.

Just come in as cars only half in shade now, oblitarate and IronX done on half the car so far haha, it's hard work and can't let it dwell as long as I'd like but it's doing it job well enough :).

Not a 320d
No Im not tho.

I keep them in a box, damp. And clean. They work far better. If they are dry then all they do is push water about the car. Takes 5 minutes to get them to soak up anything when dry

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep