ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Safe, yes. But I believe it's a gloss enhancing shampoo so leaves something behind that may affect your wax or sealant. I would imagine after washing a wipe down with a good detailing spray would help.

I used it for years non the wiser till I started using bare shampoos

Likewise, and yes it does leave gloss enhancers behind that are great for bare cars but protected doesn't look as... crisp.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Struggled to get good results with tripple yesterday, made a small difference but nothing like the pictures in the showcase thread on DW. I was in the cool shade and it didn't seem to be drying fast or anything. Not sure if I'm expecting too much as it was quite swirly though.

I found it to be an excellent product, even in s**t (on the street at 9pm so it was cooler, car not decontaminated, no taped areas, by hand etc etc) conditions... Over/under use of product? What machine/pad? Run me through it boyo and sure someone, if not myself, can help.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I decontaminated and taped lol. 3 small dots of tripple with each hit, pad did appear to get quite a bit of product build up in it and it was a chem guys hex white pad.

Think the pad was just soaking all the product up tbh and it didn't seem to want to turn clear (oily residue) on the paint which iirc is how the tripple works? I worked it for quite a while which I thought would me more than enough by DA too.

I'm going to tape up a section and do a bit by hand then wax it up, when the sun comes down I'll have a look with a light see if it's any better when I do it by hand.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It can't really be construed as a polish mate so it's hard to use it like one. You aren't polishing, you're simply working it into the paint at 2 lowest speeds really, helping fill the marks.

I found Tripple not great on Clio paint tbh. It's rock hard and the filling isn't as good as some glazes. It will remove some oxidisation and some light marks, especially with a white hex but you were maybe expecting too much.

Oh and you need a pad cleaning brush as glazes and aios clog up pads like that easily.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah it made the paint look better for sure and I'd say its made a slight improvement on the minor swirls, just was hoping for better results after seeing the showcase pics.

I'll be trying by hand next time I think.

Quick question for future then... When I next apply by hand do I need to strip the wax on there? Or just apply the tripple and re-wax the car.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Just tripple then re-wax mate. Tripple should strip anything really or just layer it, it'll be reet.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Sometimes you don't have to followed to the letter, especially on everyday cars.

Interesting that. I was looking forward to using it by machine, having been mightily impressed by my bodged hand application. Perhaps I'll stick to hand then C2V3 as the car looks like glass.

Also, as Kev has already said, it's not a polish, so it won't go clear. It's an AIO so will actually haze and cure, as was the case with mine. But yes, even with hand app the pads clog very quickly. Had to use two pads and done half the car over three nights (about an hour a time), washing and drying out the MF hand pads inbetween.

Not a 320d
Elite have delivered to my home in Hull despite me specifying to deliver to my Guildford address. Bad times. Looks like I wont be topping it up this weekend.

Not a 320d
Never again dude I dont think :(

Moving to Woking with the GF soon so thats 30 mins into waterloo.....

Nah Elite are ok. Ive obviously made a mistake somewhere.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Interesting that. I was looking forward to using it by machine, having been mightily impressed by my bodged hand application. Perhaps I'll stick to hand then C2V3 as the car looks like glass.

Also, as Kev has already said, it's not a polish, so it won't go clear. It's an AIO so will actually haze and cure, as was the case with mine. But yes, even with hand app the pads clog very quickly. Had to use two pads and done half the car over three nights (about an hour a time), washing and drying out the MF hand pads inbetween.

Lol yeah I'll be trying by hand next time. Is tripple sufficient enough on its own then? Asin it not nessecary to wax ontop straight away? Mine did haze and left a residue similar to wax and was nice and easy to buff off.

I'm sure it will be fine by machine probably just me being a mong ::eek:

Not a 320d
Doesnt last long and the fillers will wash away. Best top it with something. id go for C2V3.

​Waxes I found didnt last that long over tripple. Then I never did like Glazes.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I just put some collinite 845 on top and will probably get some C2V3 when this runs out.

Need to read up on it though, seen it recommended a lot but never looked into it.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
tripple will add a little protection, but doesn't last more than a month / 6weeks before it's gone.

You can wax or seal over it but be aware that due to the fillers and wax base of the product, not all waxes and sealants will take well over the top. Some will fail very quickly whereas some show no changes in performace. choose your LSP wisely is all I will say

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I had asked the question in here before if 845 would be over the top of tripple an I think it was gally that answered it would be fine.

I'll see how it goes, its beading very well now as I just poured a little water on the wing.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
null_zpsd1cee801.jpg

I need to organise and upgrade my detailing cabinet.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Would anyone be interested in a 30ml sample of autofinesse illusion? I have 3 empty sample pots to use up and using hardly any illusion to coat a car.

​rough price would be £18.50 posted or £19 recorded

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
My C2V3 just arrived. Going to apply a coat on Thursday before FCS.. Going to apply Tripple with a DA beforehand, do you think it's worth applying Illusion before the C2V3 or just apply it straight over the Tripple?

I just got 2 litres of Demon Shine for £2.99 in Sainsburys. Cheap as a rinse aid etc. May be of use to someone if not already posted.

Rather than start a new thread I will try in here.

Motorcycle protection anyone done this?

As the fairings etc are plastic would my best bet be C2V3 for a good long protection?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Would work well as it's so easy to use. wouldn't matter if any got on hoses / engine etc

I went over all mine with AF Tripple when I first got it but slowly taking it all apart and coating it with GTechniq C1

JackJack
There are products like AF citrus power, carplan rapid dirt shifter

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Regarding the tripple application I was discussing the other day.. I'm sure the swirls are more noticeable, I'm fairly confident I didn't inflict more marks with the pad as it was brand new and it wasn't dropped on the floor by me at all. Clay bar barely picked anything up as the oblitarate and ironx pretty much removed all contaminants.

​But just now with the sun reflection off my car they are really noticeable still, I'm sure by looking it looks like less swirls but they are more noticeable now.. Not sure if that makes sense but is it possible that is the case?

It sounds like you've cleared out some previous fillers, but Tripple hasn't re-filled them... utterly confuddled, but either way, it's user error (i.e. your faul, fucktard ;) ).

It's a paint that you live a million miles away as I'd be more than willing to pop over and help. Anyone near to you that posts regularly on here that could help?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
f**ked off to the max as I spent a day baking my f**king balls of for what looks like f**k all. The side that isn't in the sun looks amazing though lol.

​Not sure tbh lol, I'll have to have another crack with the tripple sometime :(.

With my last RB I did the works with menz polish took forever but it looked amazing after and was really proud of myself, thought I'd piss this with tripple but nothing :(.

Mate, as said, confuddled. Piss easy product done in sub-standard conditions (9pm when not rid of water marks, and boy, these things were like calcium mountains due to the shitty water in the South).

pevuga7u.jpg

my5y3ybe.jpg

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Hmmm lol piss take, I must be shite then haha.

I'll have to just wait till I next get the opportunity and have another crack at it and hope for some better results.