ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Both cars are running G1 for approx 2years and water behaviour is a little past its best, have been topping it up with original version C1.5 (this doesn't smear or judder either)

On side and rear windows, and bodywork reload was performing just as well as C2v3

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
These products always work well on glass. I use them myself. Just never on a windscreen.

What's it going to last? 2 wiper swipes?

So tried a couple of the AMDetail products today.. Bubbles and Wheels and both seem very good. Wheels were pretty heavily soiled after the drive home from FCS in the rain. Shifted the muck with no drama and smelt lovely. So far, so good!

9385563916_6f0a696e9d_c.jpg

AMDetail by Lawro1988, on Flickr

9385564090_2e82bbd191_c.jpg

9385564224_e5c1157374_c.jpg

Did the wheel cleaner affect the protection on the wheels?

​Looks good! Can't wait to try it all.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Looking for a bundle of MF clothes for applying nano sealant to a full car, as they'll be thrown away after I don't want to use anything too decent, but am I going to be compromising the finish or risk marring with cheapo multipacks?

Never bought them in bulk before so they've always been half decent MF's that I've used when removing the residue, as I've typically only applied it to wheels or one panel at a time.

Asda can get these on click and collect
http://direct.asda.com/Microfibre-Towels--24-pack/001030912,default,pd.html

Anyone recommend any bulk buy that are decent? I know Costco are often mentioned but can't think of a local one

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
When are you needing them for Dave, I need some new ones so can find out when the parents are next going and get some there to post on for you?

Looking for a bundle of MF clothes for applying nano sealant to a full car, as they'll be thrown away after I don't want to use anything too decent, but am I going to be compromising the finish or risk marring with cheapo multipacks?

Never bought them in bulk before so they've always been half decent MF's that I've used when removing the residue, as I've typically only applied it to wheels or one panel at a time.

Anyone recommend any bulk buy that are decent? I know Costco are often mentioned but can't think of a local one

I use these mate not mega cheap but they have a nice feel to them http://bit.ly/16vHiSn

E46 M3 & UR Quattro

I found it worked out cheaper to buy them in smaller 6 packs as they are currently £2 at the moment. Bought a load for removing polish from exhausts etc

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I use these mate not mega cheap but they have a nice feel to them http://bit.ly/16vHiSn

although they're pretty decent quality, £1.50 each compared to £0.34 each is quite different for something that will be thrown away after just one use. Plus buying direct from i4d we get members discount.

So general consensus is that the budget ones will be fine for removing quartz coating residue and not inflicting any unnecessary damage on soft paint?

Have a screwfix near work so will check them out. Not in any hurry so might take you up on your offer Matthew, what sort of cost and quantity are they?

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I'm having a go at some correction on my dads megane next week - but i've lost my LC orange pad.

I'll be using some Megs 105 and or tripple - what are microfibre cutting pads like?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I need a bunch of new MF's so if anyone can do some sort of GB I'd definitely get involved.

Living in a little town means I have no easy place to pop in and get any from :(

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Primark. 15 in a pack for £1....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZgeFqs4j7UvBJ9JvmD2lWY_01vPHNsZ6Z2nOQmnzsaaMe3Ni7Kg.jpg

Awesome things. They look a bit better than the ones in the picture.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Any recommendations for cleaning and protecting interior plastics?

I want a dull matte look to them not a glossy finish

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Gtechniq C6 leaves a nice finish but there are hundreds out there.

I use Swissvax nano express on my interior trims. Great finish.

MF pads give a DA more cut, so is more akin to correcting with a rotary, but with the ease of use of a DA. For Audi paint, they're useful. For Clios, I'd stick with the Hex pads personally.

Definitely apply tripple by finishing pad or hand. Are you correcting or masking?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
What about cleaning them? The focus has slightly stained door cards from the rain that I want to remove before protecting them.

a really weak solution of g101 maybe?

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Can i correct with the M105 on a heavy cut pad and refine with the tripple on a finishing pad?

What about cleaning them? The focus has slightly stained door cards from the rain that I want to remove before protecting them.

Weak APC solution with a gently brush is a good start. Or if not textured, simply a MF rub down should do the trick. Always try an inconspicuous area of course. What are they, plastic?

Can i correct with the M105 on a heavy cut pad and refine with the tripple on a finishing pad?

Yes, but M105 is pretty heavy. How hard is the paint? Ideally something lesser like IP3.02 then 85 to finish. If you're aiming to just make it look better, I'd Tripple by hand or da tbh.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Or washing up liquid. Brilliant stuff, cleans everything!