ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

I know, I hate swirl marks but I lack how to get rid of them. plus I've never seen anyone use a machine polisher outside too
They all seem to be in a garage with a couple of spot lights, where I've got sun on a very hot car lol

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Joking aside, yes its good as you can spend what you can afford.

I like seeing the results though.

I need to buy some pads and compounds to do my van, going to use my rotary.

Was going to buy the Menzerna stuff.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Its only for my white van, ive not washed it in 2 years or so.

​Paint as flat as a witches tit.

Flol, clay now absorbs tar apparently.

Thanks all.

@JD - most of what we are witnessing on this clay bar is sap removal and the odd rogue/bonded tar spot, which will remain after a thorough deironising and detarring process; as undertaken on every detailing job that I execute.

The spot witnessed has been absorbed by the claybar and has no means of inferring/inflicting damage to the paintwork.

Isn't that everyday? TBH, I only go on for reviews and Clark's details by PB which seem few and far between these days!

Not a 320d
Lol. Id go back on and troll on a different account but its no fun because you get banned instantly for anything remotely negative. At least this forum can tolerate morons like me.

Lol. Id go back on and troll on a different account but its no fun because you get banned instantly for anything remotely negative. At least this forum can tolerate morons like me.

I just question without trying to sound clever. Doesn't seem to wind them up, but does call out the wrong doings.

Also, speaking of trolling, since yesterday I'm so tempted to now send a photo of every black 320d I see and ask if it's you lol!!

That I didn't know. But guessed you're not a white haired old boyo that takes up two lanes like an arsehole. Also, FYI, a 1.8T boosts away from a 320d with ease ;)

Not a 320d
Yeah theyre s**t.

I thought the 330 was just as crap tbh. Sure its got more torque but still boring and it felt like there was 2 tonnes over the front axle from the engine.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Very boring! friend has one with the flappy paddle / tiptronic box and makes it more so. Roads were too busy to try out the handling. But it got up to speed much quicker than I expected.

Not a 320d
Very boring! friend has one with the flappy paddle / tiptronic box and makes it more so. Roads were too busy to try out the handling. But it got up to speed much quicker than I expected.

You'd be surprised what the 184 20d can do I think. Needs to be driven right though. 1st and 2nd gear are piss poor but 3rd to 5th are pretty good. All about discipline ;)

Really want mine mapped but its rented so cant really modify it.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
My work runabout isn't even the pd engine, the older Mk4 Golf 1.9 tdi 90bhp FTW! comes with knackered flywheel that vibrates so much when coming to a stop people think it's miss-firing. 1999 so tax is done on engine size on C02 emissions, £225 FTL

I forget sometimes how tuneable to VAG lumps are

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Just used Iron-X for the first time and loved the bleeding

9ugu6uqu.jpg

Also first use of Citrus Power and Finale... Very happy with them also :)

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Black car is killing my bank account.

I need the Bumder to machine polish my car, Swirl marks absolutely everywhere :(

OT- Chemical spray bottles for Tardis and the likes? What are you lot buying??