ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
I picked both of these up at trax’s this year and have only just used them. It’s the first time iv treated the leather on my standard 182 seats so not much to go by but it’s so easy to use and have brought them up lovely! Followed up with auto finesse hide the leather seems so much more supple and fresh looking. Really happy with it!
The pink velvet I’ve only used on my dash board but it’s exactly what I was after. It doesn’t have a scent to it, it doesn’t make your dash shine and it makes your dash feel smooth and silky. Really happy with them both!
0DA66946-F8F0-4035-A1DA-44DA5489FCAF.jpeg
FCE37AD3-3639-4F2B-A3B4-D790989CBE5A.jpeg

James Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Williams 3 / 172 Cup
Clay mitts/towels, what are you guys using? Anything to note re use? Have used a clay bar before and understand a mitt is a lot faster/easier to use! Seen a couple on clean your car, namely:

CarPro - Polyshave Clay Cloth
Clay Mitt - Green Mild Grade

James Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Williams 3 / 172 Cup
Went and bought the Blue fine clay mitt from CleanYourCar. Looking forward to trying it compared to traditional clay, must save loads of time!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah they do but speed wise they are silly quick. I actually enjoyed using my one.

Snowfoam the car and use a lube. Minimise marring. You should always polish after claying anyway.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
With a clay mitt you cant fold it over when it gets saturated in crap like you can with a clay bar. That probably means the mitts life is very limited and may have to ditch it after one use depending on condition. Its probably worth it though even if you only get a single use out of the mitt for the speed alone.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Trying natty blue for the first time. Oldie.

Awesome product to apply, and a little goes a long way. Texture wise reminds me of vics red.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
With a clay mitt you cant fold it over when it gets saturated in crap like you can with a clay bar. That probably means the mitts life is very limited and may have to ditch it after one use depending on condition. Its probably worth it though even if you only get a single use out of the mitt for the speed alone.
No they don't work like traditional clays. Watch a few decent you tube videos to see what they are.

Also if you have tar on your clay like this "professional" then you're doing it wrong...

d7855b75173fb7377ea61fe0806161b2.jpg

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Has anybody got or had a Black Baron vehicle dryer? Trying to get some new brushes but not having much luck matching them up with the generic ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Thanks, also noticed the ones Elite Cat care sell look identical

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Changed its name to the Metro Vac Air Force Blaster I'm sure. That's the one I have.

Try looking for those spares.

Gave them a bell and emailed pics so they are going to try and match them up

Clio 182 Trophy
Tried out solution finish on the rear wiper today. Looks good for now, let's see how long it lasts. After and before below.
IMAG1259_1.jpg
IMAG1255.jpg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Imo not as long as videos etc make out.

I bought some sonax gel which will last forever, you don’t need much and less than a tenner.

Very happy with it tbh

Golf GT & A4 Avant

A clay mitt will not hold onto the contaminants it's removed from your paint. Put it into a bucket of soapy water and use your hand to clean the surface and it's ready for the next panel.

On my own cars I won't use a mitt or cloth and only traditional fine clay is more than enough as they well protected and maintained and the mitts can leave far too much in the way of marring. For a car that's never been flayed before then they have there place as a one off.

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Dr leather wipes are amazing mate. Or fairy liquid in a spray and a mf cloth will be fine.

Dr leather wipes great [emoji1360]
Although when previous car had LTT’s sealant on the leather I liked their all in one spray

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Dr leather wipes are amazing mate. Or fairy liquid in a spray and a mf cloth will be fine.

It's only a £700 Volvo daily I've picked up, with added shiny leather, so I'll give the Fairy liquid a go first :)

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
It's only a £700 Volvo daily I've picked up, with added shiny leather, so I'll give the Fairy liquid a go first :)
Seriously i use Pears soap. I used it on my E46 leather and it was the best thing i have ever used. 50p from Savers.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
What sealants do people recommend?

If you have access to a garage for a day or two, then a quartz/ceramic sealant is the best you can get.

C Quartz UK or the Gyeon range are very good. The latter being a bit more user friendly as it doesn't contain the solvents which flash off as quickly, giving you more working time.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I've always rated Werkstat Acrylic Jett and Glos. Don't think they make it anymore though.

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
Yea I definitely want something that I can aply wax over! I don’t mind how long it lasts as I enjoy playing around with it whenever I can. Has anyone used Chemical guys black light glaze or chemical guys wet mirror finish?

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Yea I definitely want something that I can aply wax over! I don’t mind how long it lasts as I enjoy playing around with it whenever I can. Has anyone used Chemical guys black light glaze or chemical guys wet mirror finish?
Yes not very longlasting.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
You want a sealant you can apply a wax over?

Blackfire do a good kit.

Or maybe CG jetseal. That was famous for base for wax. Otherwise use a good cleanser etc like Carlack complete from polished bliss.

It's like new Werkstat prime. Carlac owned Werkstat.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Britemax do a sealant and liquid wax, that work well topped with their own vantage paste wax.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Auto Allure new si02 spray sealant looks good.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Is Jetseal still any good. I found a bottle in my garage as well as Wolf's Bodyguard.

Not sure if I need to buy another Spray Sealant?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Decent base. I doubt the product will be perfect depending on age. I always used to top jetseal with a wax.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I can't be arsed with waxes anymore. I live by a farm. I need something hardy.

I've been using this AutoAllure rapidcoat and its really good. Surprised by its protection and longevity.

What's a good easy Spray Sealant with bulletproof protection?