ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
34941AF3-96BA-4857-8818-962A2D98D04B.png
3m glass polish?

And this the ag one

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Ah glass is actually pants! Buy a decent glass cleaner and a klin glass cloth.

Also polishing glass is a pros job.

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
After some ag hd wax to try if anyone has some they don’t use anymore.

It’s okay, but even for the money there’s better. Have you tried Collinite yet? If not, get the marques de elligance wax it’s only about £20 for a tub on eBay and really decent stuff!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
After some ag hd wax to try if anyone has some they don’t use anymore.
It's actually okay. They just brought a new one out. It's long lasting but then again so is Colli. There is a reason they are long lasting.

Why does it have to be hd? Other waxes blow it away.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
It's actually okay. They just brought a new one out. It's long lasting but then again so is Colli. There is a reason they are long lasting.

Why does it have to be hd? Other waxes blow it away.

What you thinking mate

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks. Will have a proper mooch tomo. Do fancy trying ag, I know there’s probably ‘better’ but it’s a wax I’ve fancied.

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
It's a decent wax, I used it for a year as when I was valeting I could buy it at trade price and a lot of my customers were happier with a name like Autoglym than some alternatives, albeit better, because they'd not heard of them lol. Just I always recommend Collinite as my "go to budget wax" as it just works so well, on any colour, in any climate - it just delivers.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone heard/used a wax called ‘Harley Wax’

From reading it’s an old skool wax, one U.K. distributer and reviews seem really decent. £22.99 from eBay.

@gally

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I and i guess others have this issue, regarding cleaning the car.

You have a wax in mind to try and can't help but look at others. Then it makes you think twice about the initial wax choice lol. Rather annoying....

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone used these?

Klin Korea Green Monster.

IMG_20180307_184831.jpg

Seen a few video reviews and they look quite special. Designed for the dirty jobs where you'd normally throw away the dirty microfiber after a few uses. These just wash clean like new.

Got some to try, so will report back when I've tested them.

Civic type r fk8
Anyone heard/used a wax called ‘Harley Wax’

From reading it’s an old skool wax, one U.K. distributer and reviews seem really decent. £22.99 from eBay.
Someone I work with used it on his red vxr ,now has metallic blue S4 looked good on red but hides the flake on metallic ,not sure on longevity of it though.

@gally

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
You don't sound like you know what you want though!

Buy some Zymol Carbon for RB. At least get a boutique feel. Imo that's the difference sometimes.

Clio 182 Trophy
Anyone got any tips for polishing the really thin bits of roof? Smallest pads I have currently are 4" and I'm not planning on buying a I-brid just to do those bits. Gradually working my way down the car at the moment.
IMAG1213.jpg
IMAG1219.jpg
IMAG1191.jpg
IMAG1187.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Trophy
Just mask the edges and use the 4 inch or hand polish.

Small backing plates are cheap though?
What's the smallest that would work on a da? I thought the oscillating would mean a 1 or 2 inch pad would be pointless. I think taping might be quickest at this stage, didn't even think of it tbh. Cheers!

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
Probably a proper noob question but what do people use to clean and polish up the plastic chrome? Stuff like the grilles on new minis as all it seems to do is mist over if I use something like AF Finale so was after some advice?

Any suggestions would be welcome. :smile:

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
I have bought some Gyeon - quite similar to megs. Only used it a couple of times so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
ive ran out of megs endurance and fancy a change. has anyone used the gyeon q2 tire. how long does it last?

my brother uses autoglym instant tyre dressing, i like the finish it gives but doesn't last very long

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wheels-and-tyres/tyre-dressings/gyeon-q2-tire/prod_1616.html

I’ve used quite a few different tyre shine products over the last couple of years. This Soft99 one is definitely my favourite. It seems to really get into the rubber and keep it looking naturally black. Lasts for ages and comes with built on applicator pad.

http://nipponshine.com/shop/wheels-and-tyres/digloss-giraedge-tyre-shine-70ml/