ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Bilt Hamber Auto Wash.

Highly concentrated so works out cheap per wash. Doesn’t bubble up as much as others, but cleans really well and good lubricity (is that a word?):

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
E32AE9CD-E6CD-4422-BEF9-76E377939BC6.png
Yeah have seen that. 300ml doesn’t seem a lot though lol. Like you say, don’t need much.

Really like wolfs white satin, was a tenner delivered on eBay.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah it's a weird one! It's so lubricated but I need to have suds! Carpro reset for me as it's versatile!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I’d prefer suds lol.

Use the autosmart stuff currently. Last one was dooka shampoo which was nice.

Gave my dad the other bottle

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
California scents.

I got some ages ago, think it was eBay?!?!
And they were a bit crap, so either fakes???!!?? Or old stock.

Anyone bought some recently and found them to be okay.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Halfords seemed to be ok for my last one. I think I need a spray, would make it fresher more regularly.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Halfords seemed to be ok for my last one. I think I need a spray, would make it fresher more regularly.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Thats definitely the way to go, quick spray now and again on the front mats. I do find the california scents come back to life when it gets hot and sunny.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Fusso most folk agree it's grabby and not that nice. Wouldn't be my go toyou compare it to britemax vantage etc it just doesn't stand up.

If you want longevity and quality you go bilt hamber.

Clio 182 Trophy
Are all micro fibre cloths equal? Or is there a car quality one I should be looking for?
Definitely not! What purpose do you need it for? Different ones for drying, buffing, wiping, glass...
The Rag Company and Klin Korea are both popular in the towel world for example

Golf GT & A4 Avant

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I like to try different stuff. A nice wet look would be good.

Looking into fallout remover too. Probably go with bh.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Will have to pick them up.

Every time I go (which isn’t too often) allways forget. That and we have lots of others in work.

You can buy them from their website. Saves making a trip for one item. But where is the fun in that I guess. Can’t get free food samples online.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Finally got around to trying some Auto Allure stuff I bought a few months ago.
5L iron remover
5L tar remover
5L Nano coating

The Iron and Tar removers work really well, very impressed with them, they are both a thick consistency so linger on the panels for much longer than some competitors. They were cheap in their 50% sale so a right bargain. Nano coating is what I use for cars I dont really care about, mainly as a drying aid. I pour it in to an old snowfoam lance and just spray the car down after the wash followed by a hose down. It works fairly well but not as well as other similar products, even demon shine is better. speaking of which, I quite like demon shine.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
How much was the iron out stuff. I’m keen on trying some.

Missed the bloody 50% deal :(
Honestly, I thought I was robbing them.
I bought
5L iron remover
5L tar remover
5L Nano coating
3 DA pads
and I only paid £48 or something.

Bear in mind that was in their sale which they do now and again.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Do they still come on here. Will drop them a message on detailing world and see if there is a future 50% off soon lol