ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I've got a half decent towel, and drag it along the panels, but even the slight residue forms into horrid marks!

Pass then! I used a towel for the first time this weekend, washed the car in the same sun that burnt my back and didn't get any water marks (have done in the past sans towel though!)

Evo 5 RS
Just cleaned a black Z3 and a black Z4. s**t me I hate black cars. Also, it's way too hot to clean cars, I gave up and just left them covered in water spots so now they look dirtier than before.

I tend not to wash in the sun for obvious reasons but wet the panels with QD as you dry. Alternatively, try one of the resin filters that I was talking about earlier, they do work.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Cheers.. gonna try and get them out with a microfibre and some bouncers later once it's cooled down.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Ended up just using some pure water and a mitt and went over it. Much better. Z3 is being sold soon.

IMG_2526.JPG

IMG_2527.JPG

Clio MK2 ph3 1.6
I have two
I've got a half decent towel, and drag it along the panels, but even the slight residue forms into horrid marks!
I have two towels get the majority of water with one with keep ringing it out then buff with the drier on

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
has anyone experience with gyeon bathe+, ive washed my car with it then jet washed it of thebn dried it, but now ive got streaky marks over the roof and one side of the car. im guessing its the si02 in it. how would i get rid of the marks?

@gally

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washi...-shampoos/gyeon-q2m-bathe-plus/prod_1620.html

I've used it.

How did you wash it? A section at a time and rinse or all in one go and rinse?

Ideally you need to do it a section at a time otherwise it'll sit for too long.

Matt e

ClioSport Club Member
I've used it.

How did you wash it? A section at a time and rinse or all in one go and rinse?

Ideally you need to do it a section at a time otherwise it'll sit for too long.

i washed the car with it then jet washed that off. then i went round with it just applying it to the mitt and going over one side with it jet washed then the next part. and then dried it in one go

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
i washed the car with it then jet washed that off. then i went round with it just applying it to the mitt and going over one side with it jet washed then the next part. and then dried it in one go

That's weird then because that is right really.

Unless it's dried out in the sun then it shoudn't have streaked.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Yeah tbh if you're getting streaks, then you're leaving the water in the sun for too long. Need to wash then dry immediately, you'll have to dry the roof a few times (as you'll no doubt splash it when washing the doors/windscreen)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It did dry. Happens to so many people using bathe+ and even hydro. I recommended it to a very rich friend of my boss and he done his wife's black macan with it. Completely fucked. He admitted he didn't read the instructions!

Great products but they do need a bit of carefulness.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
It did dry. Happens to so many people using bathe+ and even hydro. I recommended it to a very rich friend of my boss and he done his wife's black macan with it. Completely fucked. He admitted he didn't read the instructions!

Great products but they do need a bit of carefulness.

I’ve had some very adverse effects using hydro on dark coloured cars. So much so I’ve stopped using it on them. I use C2v3 now which is a pain but I was getting fed up with ‘stains’ left by the hydro.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I've got a few spray marks and dribbles on my car from Hydro. Left it literally 10secs and it hasn't come off after washing twice, doh!

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I've got a few spray marks and dribbles on my car from Hydro. Left it literally 10secs and it hasn't come off after washing twice, doh!

They’ll probably need machine polishing to get rid of them.

@JD had a terrible experience with Hydro2 on his old Audi S3. Him and @Scrooge had to properly attack it with DA’s to sort it.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
They’ll probably need machine polishing to get rid of them.

@JD had a terrible experience with Hydro2 on his old Audi S3. Him and @Scrooge had to properly attack it with DA’s to sort it.
DaveRon is right, it was ridiculous to get off, DAs just about did it!

For some reason hydro2 reacts with something. Proper rare but it’s a fucker when it does

:(

image.jpg
image.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Rewashed the car and use Hydro2 on a damp microfibre. Wipe over the area and heavily rinse.

Were you using a pressure washer aswell?

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Its because you applied in direct sunlight, you also get it sometimes when a super guard or similar has been applied and part removed by Tfr from the bosi wash.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Need some recommendations for a dashboard cleaner that wont leave a shiny or greasy finish.

Clio 182 Trophy
I quite like the autoglym interior stuff, smells nice and doesn't leave any marks. Couple of sprays on a microfiber and wipe it around.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Could throw mud On racing blue and would still look awesome.

Used the c2v3 ages ago and just didn’t get on with it. A small possibility it was out of date or something daft. Was at the stage every one was getting wet over using it, I bought something and was dry as a dry flip flop.

Maybe try it again at some point.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
My Auto Allure order arrived yesterday (I placed it 3 weeks ago) which has some of their Rinse Aid - anyone used it? How does it compare to Hydro?

I might try and get out to wash my car today, it’s filthy :(