ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Evo 5 RS
Eugh, don't. Not what I came back on here to be greeted by.

Just to soften that bad memory. A good friend of mines Mk7 Golf GTI has been attacked by some old witch who was burning polystyrene in her garden. It sat on the paint and effectively ate it's way through. After hours and hours they managed to get it looking reasonable and coated the car with a ceramic,

Roll on a couple of weeks, they either didn't neutralise the acid or not nearly well enough as when the car baked in the sun it came back with a vengeance...Not enough paint left to go at it again...

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone know what a good price to a detail a Focus might be? Been priced £550 from a reputable guy local but didn't know if it's worth looking for cheaper. Don't want some wannabe doing it on his driveway job.

Evo 5 RS
Anyone know what a good price to a detail a Focus might be? Been priced £550 from a reputable guy local but didn't know if it's worth looking for cheaper. Don't want some wannabe doing it on his driveway job.

I know someone who does it on a driveway and they're not a wannabe lol

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Finally decided to pick up most of my cleaning gear from the parents, Looking forward to getting back into it all a little.

James Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Williams 3 / 172 Cup
Is that similar to AF Triple? I've only used Triple and had great results, I hear AG SRP is similar? Might give it a go.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I just always thought there were better products than SRP

Any suggestions mate?

I’ve found using triple recently gave the RB such a nice gloss.

Having said that, I have two bottles of Amigo in the garage I’ve not used on the RB. I think I might give that a try when I’m back next week.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
SRP is better than triple, triple is absolute bobbins tbh

Carpro essence does a much better job, it’s fairly abrasive, can be used with multiple pads, lays a great base layer for a lot of LSPs, not half as dusty as triple only issue is the price.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Has anyone here ever used ONR? I'm thinking of using it as a prewash which I'll pressure wash off and then wash with soap using the 2BM. Living in a flat I'm looking at the best ways to wash the car without access to a hose. I'd use a local petrol station pressure washer with the ONR. I think this could be a good way to avoid marring the paint given the situation.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I just made an account but can't post yet. I have looked though and I'm pretty certain it'll help but not found anyone mention pressure washing the ONR off and it being effective. I'll be giving it a go anyway see how it works as I'm sure it can't hurt to be extra cautious just might be considered a waste of product,

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
ONR used safely with a sponge is apparently safe to use. It's a really good product and I used it when I didn't have access to a tap.

For your Cotten Eyed Joe approach I would probably use a pre wash in a spray bottle .

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Probably a question best suited to detailing world but I recently got some Zaino Z8 and a few other bits in the post. I've booked my car in today for full correction and Gtechniq ceramic coating. Is it worth keeping the Z8 or will it hinder the performance of the ceramic coating. I'm returning some Collinite, applicator pad and bilberry wheel cleaner which I'll no longer need too.

Not sure if I'll keep the ONR too as the polymers left behind may hinder the ceramic coating too and I could just make up another pre wash which won't leave polymers behind.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Ignore that I'm going to return the lot and put in a new order with Gtechniq stuff. Probably best to use the products the company would have tested with the ceramic coating.

Screenshot_20180603-205416_Chrome.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Don't use a lot of gwash either. Will gun up the coating. Gtech is very fussy.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah it's pretty pricey so will stick to the dilution ratios on the bottle should hopefully be alright at that.

Is Hydro2 still the stuff to go for? Picked up new car yesterday and it needs a full proper wash, so just wondering what to put on as a final coat.

Audi A5 in Meteor Grey, so relatively dark. I have most other things (polishes etc)

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Have a look at Carbon Collective Hybrid. I've used it a few times, even in direct sunlight when it was very warm and not had any problems. Looked great on my other halfs black Mini.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I’ve been using Hydro2 for years but recently I’ve been noticing it leaving marks and streaks. It’s especilly visible on dark cars.

If you tackle them quickly they do come off with a drying towel but if left it needs machine polishing to get it off.

Because of this I won’t be buying any more and will try something different.

As I said earlier in the thread I saw first hand some really bad streaks left on @JD ’s red Audi S3 using Hydro2 (he loves being reminded of it ?).

Ill most likely try the Gyeon stuff next.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Found a dusty bottle of Optimum Opti Seal.

Forgot how easy it was to use. It looks fantastic so far.
e12f073ba434fbd4197065513579f712.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Tyre dressing, shiney.

Have been using autosmart hi style, it’s ok!. Don’t want the megs stuff. Any other recommendations and not silly money?