ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
What's wrong with megs endurance gel?

Ive been using Chemical Guys new look trim gel for years. It doesnt last long on trim but lasts really well on tyres, as long as they are clean...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
With the Megs stuff, I always found it slung really badly if I applied it and drove straight away. If I left it overnight, it was a bit better. Some would probably say I overapplied probably.

Evo 5 RS
Applied it last weekend to the rear. That’s after a rinse and wash today. It’s not a wet application sealant you need to spray and wipe to remove.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Always used megs stuff and buffed it off to avoid splatter but decide to try Gtechniq T1 as it gets good durability ratings and is a less glossy finish which is what I wanted. Not used it yet though but apparently a small amount goes a long way.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I may give the megs stuff another wirl and make sure the wheels are clean and dry.

That and it's only a tenner delivered.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I may give the megs stuff another wirl and make sure the wheels are clean and dry.

That and it's only a tenner delivered.
Spray apc or even wheel cleaner on tyres and then jet wash off. Serious geeks use a cellulose sponge and scrub tire but a jet wash works for me

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Just came back from a car supermarket.

The tyres were amazing. Not sure what they use but all of them looked mint.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I might have. Why do you want it? You can get it in ebay.

Depends if I use Bodyguard on my car...

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Me?

Yeah I’m after some to use again. Think it’s £14 on eBay.

Someone had some on detailing world iirc, think he/she may have sold them though.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
My prick of a dog decided to jump on the bonnet this morning rather than getting in the open boot.

Gotta try and tackle that once it cools down later

af7ab1ab83ee3f74950196eee2ce8ae9.jpg

Clio 182 Trophy
Probably has it’s place on wheels that haven’t got caked on stuff. Or a car that you don’t care about being perfect but like it cleanish