ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
From what I've seen of that Soft 99 stuff, it's not THAT bad. For the price of it, it gives pretty decent beading and the longevity of it seems reasonable too, although to say it gives 12 months protection is ridiculously optimistic IMO.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
But it's just another wax. Another random company, it has no history. Finis wax will last 12 months as will AG HD. Just more companies hoping to fleece more avid detailing hobbyists.

It's a lovely wax but there are a million lovely waxes.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
It drives me mental.. It's literally only because it's £20, If it was £80 nobody would bat an eyelid!

I would bet my entire salary on the fact it doesn't last 12 months and the company will be long gone before anyone can prove it.

Nothing special in my opinion, it's jus like the Reaper fad that happened a while back. I didn't buy into that so I won't be buying into this either.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'd rather have a pot of vantage!

Where did this ODK s**t come from?

Carbon out of stock, might order it from Zymol! Hmmmm!

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
I'd rather have a pot of vantage!

Where did this ODK s**t come from?

Carbon out of stock, might order it from Zymol! Hmmmm!

That's exactly what I ordered mate, I can't fault a single Britemax product at the moment! I can't decide if I prefer Vantage or Beading Marvellous.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I've been considering buying another pot of something zymol for a while now. Nothing wrong with what I already have, but I'm just a bit bored I guess. Would either be carbon, although considering titanium as I now like a nice soft wax, although I spotted there's a used pot of shield for sale local to me that I'm trying to resist

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
6c13408e20c0010a489c7560526680d6.jpg

This little lot turned up today, after something that is quick and easy to use but still protects and looks decent hence the wetcoat.

Not tried Korrosol yet as I have always stuck with IronX but this was less for twice the amount.

Hoping this weather f***s off in the next few days, want to at least get the Megane decon'd and some wet cost on it to do the next couple months.

Hopefully Gally will make it shine next year ;)

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
From what i have seen on DW it works almost as good as IronX, Which for me personally is still the best fall out remover. Just have to wait and see. Im dreading using it after running Carbotech pads all year haha!
This is from last year just using Pagid RS29's
9712690856_61ca974643_b.jpg
DSC_1043 by Jamie_Atkinson, on Flickr

9709464481_e8a2270c13_b.jpg
DSC_1044 by Jamie_Atkinson, on Flickr

9712713178_5d5b5219d0_b.jpg
DSC_1045 by Jamie_Atkinson, on Flickr

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I think IX still holds the crown but Korrossol is superb. Really hard to look past at the coat although with CarPro discount it's a bit more normal like the other fallout removers.

Jamie would be a pleasure mate. You bought some decent products. Wear a good mask and gloves with cancoat please!

Dave I didn't like the titanium label. :eek: looked cheaper. :(

Is it the Shield with cleaner fluid? I fancy it!

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
On the subject on Cancoat, has anyone used the new style cans more than a couple of times? I bought 2 cans earlier in the year and both failed which has really put me off buying more.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Never used cancoat, but EXO v1 was similar principal and so easy to apply and remove. If it's lasts 6 months then it's a winner if it maintains it's water behaviour

That's the one kev, not really bothered with cleaner fluid but he's only half hour away. No what you mean about the titanium label, almost looks retro

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
I think IX still holds the crown but Korrossol is superb. Really hard to look past at the coat although with CarPro discount it's a bit more normal like the other fallout removers.

Jamie would be a pleasure mate. You bought some decent products. Wear a good mask and gloves with cancoat please!

I got the Korrosol from CYC, Had some reward points so think it only cost me 8 quid. Ill need to look for CarPro discount, Fancy a coating like CQUK next year.
Going to leave the cancoat til next year, Or try it on my parents or a mates car but ill get some gloves and a mask before i do it, Cheers for the headsup/

I'll fire you a message after the New year to see what we can sort out in regards to getting mine properly detailed mate :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
No probs. Discount code is at the top of the page in the sticky section iirc.

Lawro can coat is now on version 3 so all cans should now be fixed. ... should be!

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
No probs. Discount code is at the top of the page in the sticky section iirc.

Lawro can coat is now on version 3 so all cans should now be fixed. ... should be!

I might give it another bash then.. I just got a bit frustrated with the cans giving up the ghost every time I used them and they aren't exactly cheap.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah they had a shocking rep for a while. Haven't seen any complaints at all from the V3 users. It looks like an impressive product tbf.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
I looked at it when it first came out but the issues put me off, The can i have is the new V3 so I'm looking forward to trying it out eventually.

Have always said i will switch to proper ceramic/quartz coatings instead of the traditional Sealants and waxes i have been using but lack time/garage and the Scottish weather meant this never really happened so the ease of use from Cancoat look like it will fit my needs perfectly

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
We can get something strong on the 250 next year if it's something you're looking for. Makes looking after it so much easier.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah sounds good, lack of knowledge/experience of them has put me off them as well but IMO those types of coatings are definitely the way forward especially on wheels

Mini JCW
Funny you should mention Soft99 - Sonar BSD has a similarly obsessive following right now!

I'm going to stick to a good old fashioned old school wax - don't even want to use the OC 2.0 i've got left over!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Hmmmm, it just doesn't get me excited. Why would I buy that wax over something else of similar cost?

At least definite had some awesome packaging and some class about it, etched glass etc, even if the start waxes were just stuff from a liquidated company they took over from!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I noticed the glass jar. And I know that they're hardly competing at the price point of Definitive for example.

I dunno. I love Lusso, maybe because they're kinda cult. Their wax was different but still well priced, it, to me had something different, they only had like 4-5 products then disappeared so to speak. I had this discussion the other week, I know you can't reinvent the wheel, there is only so much you can do with "wax" as it is, infact I made a thread about it years ago.

I want to believe in a product. I want to think that it isn't re-coloured and re-scented and in another 10 different waxes around the industry.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Out of interest, who uses panel wipe/IPA prior to applying sealant for example C2V3 after polishing?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Does anyone use autosmart Duo? We've got several 250L drums of it at work. If it's any good I'll 'borrow' some.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Out of interest, who uses panel wipe/IPA prior to applying sealant for example C2V3 after polishing?
I've never bothered. It's not expensive enough to worry but durability will increase on bare paint.

I've used it over everything. Cleansers, glazes, waxes, Z2. Never had any hassle. Infact I had a guy on here tell me it lasted 6 months going straight to it after LP.

I just do what I fancy. To get the best bare paint is best.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
I've never bothered. It's not expensive enough to worry but durability will increase on bare paint.

I've used it over everything. Cleansers, glazes, waxes, Z2. Never had any hassle. Infact I had a guy on here tell me it lasted 6 months going straight to it after LP.

I just do what I fancy. To get the best bare paint is best.

I haven't either but speaking to somebody today who applied C2V3 to bare paint, (IPA'd after decontamination) and claimed it lasted over 6 months.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I haven't either but speaking to somebody today who applied C2V3 to bare paint, (IPA'd after decontamination) and claimed it lasted over 6 months.
Don't let me forget to give you your Hydr02!

You about this weekend?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not surprised. Over 90% of products are probably tested over bare paint.

Ceramics for eg are entirely different.