ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
The few I've seen in the flesh, I was most disappointed with the colour

I felt the same until I worked with it, same with Renault AG, now I really like it! It's still a bit shouty for me as a colour, much prefer them in performance blue.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
SP'S new show detailer (V3 in esscence). Left a great slick finish on an unpolished bonnet. Great gloss. Great QD. Not sure on release date yet. Eager to try out Jay's done and dusted though.
353d72236469bc3c05d5c7386a10e867.jpg

ebc9969f0d1f4701c4b55e3d2cc3f26e.jpg

7bc26398ac587d994d3e603e1414a7b0.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure, feels less watery than Z6. Slightly more body to it. Put up the review on DW, just a few pics and words.

Left a great finish and slickness which I was hoping for. Prima slick is still so underrated.

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Best thing to clean glass? Cleaned my windscreen with Mr Muscle Glass Cleaner and now its smeary as hell inside. I have APC, Mr Muscle Glass Cleaner, and AG Glass Polish. What shall I use to get it looking spotless?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
AG Glass polish is good. Just remember less is more!
Use a damp applicator and a clean good quality MF and it will leave the glass lovely.

I personally use IPA 50/50 with water. It's cheap and it does a cracking job.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
This sounds like a stupid question, but what is the actual purpose of glass polish over a normal glass cleaner? I have the AG stuff but I tried it once and it didn't really do much.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Cuts through grime better. True glass polish is a different matter.

Glass cleanser would be a better word. The sprays etc sometimes leave something behind. IPA/Panel wipe is the best i've found for total cleaning as it's a true alcohol degreaser etc so cuts through everything.

Werkstat prime and Prime strong were 2 of the best product on glass as they left some sealant behind whilst cleaning the glass to a great clean finish.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Ahh cheers, that explains it. I was expecting it to be able to polish marks out the glass so just discarded it as useless after it didn't really do what I wanted. Will need to give it a go again some time.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
You can polish glass but that's a whole other thread and a lot of work!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Just reading some older DW threads. Was trying to find an old one actually. Missing the good ol' days! :eek:

Anyone want to post their favourite threads from the studio section? Old PB ones or KDS etc.

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Daniel said:
AG Glass polish is good. Just remember less is more!
Use a damp applicator and a clean good quality MF and it will leave the glass lovely.

I personally use IPA 50/50 with water. It's cheap and it does a cracking job.
Cheers @Daniel! Will give the polish a go. How long do you leave it for before buffing off? I assume use like srp? Where can I get IPA from? Keep seeing it mentioned and sounds useful :smile: glass has tons of streaky oily crap on it now from the mr muscle! Never did that in the clio that I remember. Weird. Interesting stuff too @gally!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
IPA is on eBay. It's a very useful product! 5L tub of it is less than £15 delivered.

With the polish, do the windscreen first, then the rest if the car. Move straight on to removal in the same order.

Bosh.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Wow. I can't even remember reading that before. Royale on the wheels. Dwewwwwibbbble.

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
IPA is on eBay. It's a very useful product! 5L tub of it is less than £15 delivered.

With the polish, do the windscreen first, then the rest if the car. Move straight on to removal in the same order.

Bosh.
Just doing the windscreen for now the rest are perfect as I've never touched them! I'll see how the polish performs first then maybe ill see if I can get the rest 110% perfect ;) so just leave on for a few mins really then buff off? Any tips for getting right into the corners? And anywhere to get a small amount of IPA? 15 litres will be a nightmare to store only want like 100 ml!

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Just doing the windscreen for now the rest are perfect as I've never touched them! I'll see how the polish performs first then maybe ill see if I can get the rest 110% perfect :wink: so just leave on for a few mins really then buff off? Any tips for getting right into the corners? And anywhere to get a small amount of IPA? 15 litres will be a nightmare to store only want like 100 ml!
Loads of different quantities of IPA on eBay mate, just have a search. I bought a litre for 6 quid delivered last week.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'm on the look out for another wax. Fancy a fresh pot of finish wax.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Nope! Do I really need any of the s**t I've collected? Nope!

I need a bottle of Werkstat prime though! If you ever see any for sale pm me. :)

Mini JCW
I see De-Ionised water is ok for the final rinse off - but what about RO water? Specifially 4 stage RO with DI pod and 0 total dissolved solids? Just wondering as i've bought one for the new reef tank so can hopefully utilise the water :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I can split you a sample if you want?
It's cool mate. I knew I should have stocked up when they had the 3for2 sale on. My own stupid bloody fault! There will be someone out there with a bottle.

The clarity prime produces is unrivalled. The blue Golf I did a few years ago was insane, the mettalic actually sparkled without the sun. Also a Mini GP roof years ago on DW was like nothing I had seen before on silvery/grey.

P1040253.jpg

http://www.cliosport.net/threads/flakey-blue-golf-gt-tdi-detail-some-afters.574283/