ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Destiny

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Ah, I get you. It's a shame you're on the shite console, tbh ;)

If you're at 309, you should be able to get through the earlier bosses, in order to gear up - you don't necessarily need to do Oryx. WP and Golgoroth challenges should gear you up nicely - just use LFG to find some people! You can always lie and say your character is just an alt you're trying to gear up.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeah I know. You can buy those levelling pack things from the Xbox store but they are like £25 or something crazy. I'd be tempted though still!!!

GTD, Lupo
Yesterday whilst playing some pvp i got a message from Best and the soldier chap that smokes a lot of weed, asking if i can help them with some trials games. Well it was pretty interesting... i managed to carry them through a few games but Highborn isn't the quickest person in the world and after failing a card i had to call it a day.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeah Best is just getting into PVP - he's getting better but when I played with him, made a few 'American' decisions...e.g. going for a team kill or advancing with low shield.
Highborn is OK in regular crucible but his decision making is just way off the mark for trials. I played a couple of games with them and there was no strategy. A few games i killed 2 and just told them to guard the orbs and they didn't and the lone survivor managed to revive and then kill them both!
Best will get better, Highborn I'm not sure about!

White APE
Hunters up to 39. Hoping to get him ready before weekly reset.

Being an unemployed bum has its uses [emoji23]

White APE
Just did my first run through on hard mode. Up to 312 now. Had some duplicate rewards so shared them amongst other characters.

Mito Sportiva 135
That's what it's about! We did 2 hard mode runs last night with various lfg people and was pretty smooth, better than some people we regularly play with who seem to be totally clueless at times!
Going to do a bit of PVP this weekend hopefully and there is one last emblem I need from the level 36 strikes if I grind them for a bit

White APE
Hit hard raid last night. Only up to end of golgoroth as it was 1.30am by that point. Hunter is up to 314 now.

White APE
Question for you raiders. I know you won't get loot from the chests in HM if you have already run NM. Does that include killing oryx at the end? I've done normal mode full and up to the beginning of oryx on hard. I don't want to waste my time on oryx if I'm not going to get anything.

@Brand86 @MarcJP

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Question for you raiders. I know you won't get loot from the chests in HM if you have already run NM. Does that include killing oryx at the end? I've done normal mode full and up to the beginning of oryx on hard. I don't want to waste my time on oryx if I'm not going to get anything.

@Brand86 @MarcJP
There are HM and NM loot tables. If you complete any of the bosses on hard, you get both your NM and HM roll. If you do NM first, then HM, you still get a chance at something when you finish HM.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Yep. Just finished oryx and got a 319 harrowed doom of chelchis.
Nice one, love that gun! I didn't get the tag (the forum has been playing up for me the last couple of days). As Cookie says, there's 2 sets of loot tables separating Normal and Hard. Daughters & Oryx rewards are distributed through chests, but they don't count as a chest per se - you can't loot Oryx's body as it floats off into space :)

White APE
Nice one, love that gun! I didn't get the tag (the forum has been playing up for me the last couple of days). As Cookie says, there's 2 sets of loot tables separating Normal and Hard. Daughters & Oryx rewards are distributed through chests, but they don't count as a chest per se - you can't loot Oryx's body as it floats off into space :)

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Decided to give it a bash and it paid off. The guys I did it with were like "who wants to do normal on another character". Before I knew it it was 2.30am.

White APE
Holy s**t the bad juju is an awesome gun. Never really bothered with it before. But the string of curses is awesome. After every kill you get an instant reload FOC (not from your reserves) and increase damage. Kills also charge your super.

New fav gun I think.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Holy s**t the bad juju is an awesome gun. Never really bothered with it before. But the string of curses is awesome. After every kill you get an instant reload FOC (not from your reserves) and increase damage. Kills also charge your super.

New fav gun I think.

I've been using my Bad Juju a lot as well recently! I alternate between that and my Suros Regime!

String of Curses on the Juju is one of the best things ever lol!

Mito Sportiva 135
I played a bit on Tuesday, but then haven't really played much other than a couple of PVP matches for 30 mins or so. The new matchmaking settings and damage referee have made things worse for me - I get a kill then the other person is still alive for .5 seconds or so, so they can still kill me.
The only things left I want are cosmetic things like ships/emblems/shaders but the ones I need refuse to drop (apart from the ones still locked!)
So yeah, nothing really to play for now!

I tried the Division and quite liked it but for various reasons I think I might give it a miss and just play less Xbox for a while. I don't really want to replace one time sapping addictive game for another!

White APE
That vid was more just to illustrate the perk at work. It's not really how you use it in game.

Got my second ToM last night. Still have got my mitts on a supercell yet.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
The game is all but dead for me now. There's nothing new and interesting to do, I'm bored running the same s**t raid 3 times a week in order to get a 320 chest, to replace my current 319 one.

White APE
I can understand why people are getting bored if they are at that light level and the new content hasn't arrived.
I always hit the raids a lot later than most to space it out and as such, my highest character is only 317. I've still got a few bits and pieces that I'm after too so I'm still finding things to keep me occupied.

GTD, Lupo
I started the taken king 2 months late, I'm just enjoying some time off the game but that is largely down to having a new car and tinkering. Im sure as some new material comes out i will pop back on.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Same. I'm going to take some time away from the game, I'll return once there's something fresh to do.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeah I played a couple of games of rift last night, got annoyed by it and very boring overall when there is no loot to aim for. After I ran about 15 level 36 strikes just to try and get an emblem I needed I decided to call it a day.
Watched Walking Dead and X Files instead and read/looked at all of Marvel's Civil War. It's like I have an extra 3 hours a day now! That is, unless I get The Division which I'm considering as I don't think the Spring update is going to be significant enough to keep us going until the DLC in the Autumn

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/44472/7_This-Week-At-Bungie---03172016
Destiny Update 2.2.0 will deploy on April 12th, 2016.
From here onward, we’ll refer to it as the “April Update.” As promised, it will have something for every type of Guardian. Here are some of the highlights to look forward to:
  • New PVE Challenges
  • New and Updated Gear
  • New Quest featuring the Blighted Chalice Strike
  • Increased Max Light and Rewards
  • Sandbox and Crucible Updates
  • And more…
Oooh something to maybe log in for.. or not

Mito Sportiva 135
This is an update - I can't imagine the content will be more than a few hours of game time with some more shaders and emblems etc plus some re released old gear which they market as amazing new stuff to loot.

I'm having a good time on The Division for now but will probably pop back to see what's new, get it, then leave again

Mito Sportiva 135
Pretty sure you will be able to catch-up on a strike and updated POE or whatever else they recycle...

You should try The Division though mate. I wasn't convinced but bought it anyway as no one was on Destiny and was very stale - and it's a lot of fun. I've play about 10-15 hours so far and not really even done any of the dark zone activities yet. It's great fun!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
So new gear limit will be 335.
Prison of Elders coming back with a new 3 stage mode and guaranteed max level gear each week.
Some other s**t I didn't pay attention to about the raid