ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Destiny

Mito Sportiva 135
Raid is going to 320 normal and 330 hard. Unless there is new gear then no point entering - but possibly how you get the new taken shader, taken sword and that ship which has been locked since TTK launched.

Additionally there's a new strike with a quest and Winter's Run has been updated with taken enemies.

Personally thought the updates looked quite good!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I think Bungie have blown a massive opportunity here, what with this new update. We all know that one of the biggest bugbear for Destiny's PvE players was the distinct lack of content, yet they haven't really introduced anything groundbreaking, or even remotely interesting, to the game. I'd happily work up to 335 light if there's an interesting location to earn it from. NOT rehashed content that's been re-released with some hazy enemies as opposed to more solid coloured ones.

I can see the work Bungie are putting in to try and gain interest in Destiny as a potential brand - but wasting time pretending that all the players wanted was a pretty icon to use on Twitch (so not the real game...!) instead of reputable, challenging, and interesting content is a massive mistake.

Personally I may not even bother logging in for the new update. I haven't played Destiny since the release day of The Division, and I know of multiple other people who have done the same. I'm not saying The Division is a perfect game (far from it) but more that Destiny (well, Bungie) should be doing what they can to a) Stop that drain of players to The Division and other games, and b) Make it appealing to people. How they can see forcing people to do the same end raid for 7 months, then make out that redoing old stuff - and only some old stuff at that - was worth waiting for. It's disappointing to say the least...

Mito Sportiva 135
I
I think Bungie have blown a massive opportunity here, what with this new update. We all know that one of the biggest bugbear for Destiny's PvE players was the distinct lack of content, yet they haven't really introduced anything groundbreaking, or even remotely interesting, to the game. I'd happily work up to 335 light if there's an interesting location to earn it from. NOT rehashed content that's been re-released with some hazy enemies as opposed to more solid coloured ones.

I can see the work Bungie are putting in to try and gain interest in Destiny as a potential brand - but wasting time pretending that all the players wanted was a pretty icon to use on Twitch (so not the real game...!) instead of reputable, challenging, and interesting content is a massive mistake.

Personally I may not even bother logging in for the new update. I haven't played Destiny since the release day of The Division, and I know of multiple other people who have done the same. I'm not saying The Division is a perfect game (far from it) but more that Destiny (well, Bungie) should be doing what they can to a) Stop that drain of players to The Division and other games, and b) Make it appealing to people. How they can see forcing people to do the same end raid for 7 months, then make out that redoing old stuff - and only some old stuff at that - was worth waiting for. It's disappointing to say the least...

I know mate! I'll probably pop on, get the grimoire and new exotics and then move on again. I won't bother going to 335, as it will probably take 2 weeks to get to 333 and another 3 months to get to 335 and there will be no difference between them.

In the stream they also said there would be matchmaking for the new POE content but then they said 'oh no wait actually there won't be'. They don't seem to have a clue what they're doing really.

GTD, Lupo
Anyones love for the game be reignited?

I for one have enjoyed it a little. Not really enough to bring me back to the game in a permanent way. All my characters are now 334 and all i really need now is a 335 ghost and a heavy weapon. I went flawless on trials which gave some good rewards but the DLC is now dead to me as i have nothing to do again. :(

Honda. Tesla Someday
I play this almost every night for a good few hours. Myself and a few people from Texas join up and kick some ass lol!

It's not the greatest game ever BUT I do find it to be extremely addictive and enjoyable!

Honda. Tesla Someday
Anyones love for the game be reignited?

I for one have enjoyed it a little. Not really enough to bring me back to the game in a permanent way. All my characters are now 334 and all i really need now is a 335 ghost and a heavy weapon. I went flawless on trials which gave some good rewards but the DLC is now dead to me as i have nothing to do again. 😧

In your opinion - what's the fastest way to gain light level?

White APE
How the hell are you at that light level?? All I've got since update is a few items up to about 326 so still in the 321 region.

Didn't help that I only got 1 sterling treasure.

GTD, Lupo
In your opinion - what's the fastest way to gain light level?
Quickest and easiest way is as follows;

First go to your faction, use motes of light/resources to level it up. You will get a drop that is at least 2-5 light better than what your current light level is.

Next do the court of oryx, tier 2 and 3 will drop artifacts , again these will be 2-5 light above your current light level. I had a 100% drop rate on tier 3.

Next you are best of doing the new prison level 42, this can drop any of the 3 exotics, ghost and class items 2-5 light above what you currently have. You can repeat this as many times as you want and once you have the bounties done a speed run which is only killing the bosses can be done in about 8 mins with a good team.

Next up I would do the Kings raid. The raid can drop anywhere up to 335 light items and the challenge mode will give you the highest obtainable item that you can get at the time.

After all that you have other options like trials, weekly crucible bounty, exotic engrams and just farming the Poe lvl 42. All these are best left until you have done all the above as they are wasted if you do them at a low light level.

Hope that helps.

Honda. Tesla Someday
How the hell are you at that light level?? All I've got since update is a few items up to about 326 so still in the 321 region.

Didn't help that I only got 1 sterling treasure.
You can get 2 more dude!! You get one for Prison of Elders and another for crucible I think!

Honda. Tesla Someday
Quickest and easiest way is as follows;

First go to your faction, use motes of light/resources to level it up. You will get a drop that is at least 2-5 light better than what your current light level is.

Next do the court of oryx, tier 2 and 3 will drop artifacts , again these will be 2-5 light above your current light level. I had a 100% drop rate on tier 3.

Next you are best of doing the new prison level 42, this can drop any of the 3 exotics, ghost and class items 2-5 light above what you currently have. You can repeat this as many times as you want and once you have the bounties done a speed run which is only killing the bosses can be done in about 8 mins with a good team.

Next up I would do the Kings raid. The raid can drop anywhere up to 335 light items and the challenge mode will give you the highest obtainable item that you can get at the time.

After all that you have other options like trials, weekly crucible bounty, exotic engrams and just farming the Poe lvl 42. All these are best left until you have done all the above as they are wasted if you do them at a low light level.

Hope that helps.

Epic post is epic - thank you very very much! I've done the Challenge of Elders (lvl 42) twice now and the Prison of elders lvl 41 a couple of times, I'm light level 309 now. Must play more lol!!

Thanks for the post again, appreciated!!

GTD, Lupo
Epic post is epic - thank you very very much! I've done the Challenge of Elders (lvl 42) twice now and the Prison of elders lvl 41 a couple of times, I'm light level 309 now. Must play more lol!!

Thanks for the post again, appreciated!!
That's no problem, I had a bit of a head start as I was already 320 and I had about 60 odd exotic engrams, unfortunately I done it all the wrong way round and blew all the engrams at the start. I could have made 335 in about 4 hours if I had done it the other way round. The helmet seems the hardest item to get as the only way is engrams but next week is the oryx challenge so should be easier.

White APE
You can get 2 more dude!! You get one for Prison of Elders and another for crucible I think!

Yeah I know that, didn't explain myself very well. There is a known problem where many people weren't getting the treasures from the post master on each character. I have run all the new strikes etc, both PoE levels on all 3 characters.
Got very lucky on one and got the Lord of wolves and queen breakers bow drop together.
Just not getting very high light drops. Even in court of oryx, I got an artefact at 326 light disputed dropping in tier 3 which I thought should be a guaranteed 335.

Mito Sportiva 135
It's all light level related. I'm at 335 now so everything drops at 335. The new system works well, I've already got more weapons at max light in 2 weeks than in 5 months since TTK dropped so can use more gear.

Having said that, now I'm 335 there's nothing to do again apart from chase ships and shaders!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
It's all light level related. I'm at 335 now so everything drops at 335. The new system works well, I've already got more weapons at max light in 2 weeks than in 5 months since TTK dropped so can use more gear.

Having said that, now I'm 335 there's nothing to do again apart from chase ships and shaders!
Reset day tomorrow - although I doubt I'll be on until Wednesday. Need to get back into the swing of raiding!

Clio 182 - RB
Not played this in a few months, put in heavy hours this week and now 300 light, need to get Kings Fall done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clio 182 - RB
What you guys doing to level up? All the quests i have are gash or impossible to do without higher ranked people in my Fireteam.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
What you guys doing to level up? All the quests i have are gash or impossible to do without higher ranked people in my Fireteam.

Strikes, Iron Banner

Fired this up earlier for the first time in a while, been running some Iron Banner.. loot seems to be better

Clio 182 - RB
@Cookie - Never done the Iron Banner, will give it a crack tonight.

Anyone on PS4 tonight want 2 companions to their fire team message me on here or add 'EarleseyLAD'

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Strikes, Iron Banner

Fired this up earlier for the first time in a while, been running some Iron Banner.. loot seems to be better
They removed engram drops and increased banner loot. Also you get banner loot from the start, don't have to reach rank 3 or whatever. I got a whole wardrobe of new titan skirts last night. Yay.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
They removed engram drops and increased banner loot. Also you get banner loot from the start, don't have to reach rank 3 or whatever. I got a whole wardrobe of new titan skirts last night. Yay.
I played maybe four matches and got a 320 version of the auto rifle which isn't too bad (think my LL is 318 now - up 1)

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Each drop I got was a couple of levels above what I had equipped so I'm getting there. I'm at 316 now, can't touch 335 players in banner at all! In good fodder for assists[emoji38]

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Crucible is a lot better if you have a team so you can have a giggle while you suffer the pain. Go in solo and your asking for grief!
5 of us played it for a few hours last night and I think we won more than we lost, I got to 320 light, from 318 while everyone else was dropping 330+ stuff all bloody night[emoji36]. I did get 4 exotics engrams though.

Mito Sportiva 135
Spark of light to get me to level 25 straight away, finished TTK main story missions and got me to 40 almost (with a couple of crucible games). I had a bunch of legendary engrams and 335 armour from my alts, so decoded all of that infused - this got me to about 325 or so as still had a rare artefact but then just went into the raid and did the Golgoroth challenge to get a legendary one.