ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Destiny

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not, high end PC gaming is expensive...
It doesn't have to be though. Sure, if you're going 4K with all the bells and whistles on - that isn't going to be cheap.

But you're in control of that sliding scale on what you want to spend. You can also approach is piecemeal too. You've also got access to a library and back catalogue of titles that dwarfs the console market, plus a myriad of controller options that suit you.

Only yesterday, I ordered Prey - a current 'A-list' title. At the same time, I was having a look through EA's Origin Store and noticed that Ultima III Exodus from way back in 1983 was available for peanuts. I've no desire to play that myself, but undoubtedly there will be people out there who do. The fact that you can pay, download and play a 34-year-old game is amazing.

It is a personal taste paradox, however. I don't like the constrained and extremely limited barriers of choosing a console. Yet I'm more than happy to see that same philosophy applied with my mobile phone (iPhone). I love the open ended, limitless approach to what PC gaming offers you. Yet I dislike the same practice put into the Android platform. I guess it all comes down to what you feel is important to you.

GTD, Lupo
Well not long left now, I'm still a little unsure what D2 is going to bring. For once I'm actually looking forwards to the PVE side of the game but at the same time I'm dreading to see what they have done to PVP because I love the way it currently is and having always played invis I think I might struggle a little :tongueclosed:

To be fair I know a lot of people complain about Destiny and got bored of it very quickly but I have really enjoyed it, gone are the days where I would play 4 hours a day :fearscream: but I still pop on most weekends and have a few pvp games with a few mates. Im not 100% sure if my addiction will be so great this time but I will hit it hard for the first couple of weeks as I'm on leave.

Its crazy when you look at some of the stats (plus a little sad but I was saving for a house deposit) from 3 years of game play. These are just some of my PVP stats.

Time Played #2,497 Top 0.2% 59d 1m
Kills
#1,997 Top 0.2% 113,794
Deaths
#6,342 Top 0.4% 68,077
Assists
#14,378 Top 0.9% 20,811
K/D
#26,404 Top 2% 1.67
KA/D
#46,055 Top 4% 1.98

Games #3,359 Top 0.3% 9,113
Games Won
#3,751 Top 0.3% 5,022
W/L Ratio
#102,042 Top 8% 55.1%

Weapon Kills

Shotgun 25,794
Super 13,544
Hand Cannon 12,953
Machinegun 10,453
Sniper 7,766
Grenade 7,254
Pulse Rifle 6,574
Melee 6,535
Side Arm 5,828
Auto Rifle 4,580
Rocket Launcher 2,883
Scout Rifle 2,871
Relic 1,584
Fusion Rifle 217
Sword 21
Submachinegun 0

I roughly seem to have got about 10-15k kills for each meta apart from shotgun which was always pretty over powered until the special ammo adjustments.

Bring on D2 and hopefully no skill based match making...

White APE
I can't find wait. Beta next week. Already downloaded it ready for when it goes live.

Adjustments to the sub classes look like they will freshen it up a bit.

White APE
So who's been on the beta then?

Liking the weapon changes, subclasses that I've played so far feel pretty different. Even the sounds of the game is completely different.

Jonesaaaay93

ClioSport Club Member
So who's been on the beta then?

Liking the weapon changes, subclasses that I've played so far feel pretty different. Even the sounds of the game is completely different.
Watched a few YouTubers this morning, one noted that a number of Shaxx's callouts in PvP were the same as D1..... also worth noting that 'double downs' and such seemed to appear when assists where achieved and not just kills....

Jonesaaaay93

ClioSport Club Member
Well not long left now, I'm still a little unsure what D2 is going to bring. For once I'm actually looking forwards to the PVE side of the game but at the same time I'm dreading to see what they have done to PVP because I love the way it currently is and having always played invis I think I might struggle a little :tongueclosed:

To be fair I know a lot of people complain about Destiny and got bored of it very quickly but I have really enjoyed it, gone are the days where I would play 4 hours a day :fearscream: but I still pop on most weekends and have a few pvp games with a few mates. Im not 100% sure if my addiction will be so great this time but I will hit it hard for the first couple of weeks as I'm on leave.

Its crazy when you look at some of the stats (plus a little sad but I was saving for a house deposit) from 3 years of game play. These are just some of my PVP stats.

Time Played #2,497 Top 0.2% 59d 1m
Kills
#1,997 Top 0.2% 113,794
Deaths
#6,342 Top 0.4% 68,077
Assists
#14,378 Top 0.9% 20,811
K/D
#26,404 Top 2% 1.67
KA/D
#46,055 Top 4% 1.98

Games #3,359 Top 0.3% 9,113
Games Won
#3,751 Top 0.3% 5,022
W/L Ratio
#102,042 Top 8% 55.1%

Weapon Kills

Shotgun 25,794
Super 13,544
Hand Cannon 12,953
Machinegun 10,453
Sniper 7,766
Grenade 7,254
Pulse Rifle 6,574
Melee 6,535
Side Arm 5,828
Auto Rifle 4,580
Rocket Launcher 2,883
Scout Rifle 2,871
Relic 1,584
Fusion Rifle 217
Sword 21
Submachinegun 0

I roughly seem to have got about 10-15k kills for each meta apart from shotgun which was always pretty over powered until the special ammo adjustments.

Bring on D2 and hopefully no skill based match making...
I would love to see your game time! I pumped in enough game time and my stats are no where near as high as yours! albeit I missed about 5 months during year 2...

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Had a quick go in beta. Story mission is very good, I like the strike design too. Not tried the pvp out yet. It's nice that there was a semi jumping puzzle in the strike, fun to see people fall to their deaths.

Graphics seem to be improved, I like the new menu style, sounds are cool. Weapons feel like they have a bit of heft (even though they don't seem to do too much damage)

Liked playing with the minigun style exotic auto rifle that the Titan gets

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
Beta downloaded last night, will give it a play tonight. Never played Destiny really so will just play and see what happens.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
The strike in the beta is going to be one of the worst in the new playlist in destiny 2. Finished it ok but my god it was dull. Drop down, shoot goblins and boss. Repeat x2.

It did feel good to be playing destiny again though, I quite like the dodge as well.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Had a quick play on the PC beta last night... quite impressed to be fair. It looks superb and runs along at a real nice pace, even maxing out the settings. There are a couple of UI issues that I found due to not scaling correctly for Ultra wide monitor setups, but nothing serious. I'm really impressed with the responsiveness, too - nice and fast as it should be. Some FPS can feel like you're controlling your character through a layer of 'treacle' :p

Having 'missed' out on the first Destiny game due to loads of technical problems I'm looking forward to giving this one a proper go.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
A quick play [a few clips] of the introductory section on the PC open beta. Despite following YouTube guidelines and uploading a high-res version of the video they have absolutely sucked all detail and quality out of it. I swear they are gradually dropping the quality on compression unless you are a paid up 'YouTuber'. Rant over.

No - I don't know what I'm doing. Practice needed :p

GTD, Lupo
Even though youtube as sucked it dry the quality still looks really good. I have read there are a few teething problems with the pc version but I'm sure they will be ironed out for release day. Are you using mouse and keyboard or pad? A lot of people are saying pvp is silly with a pad due to the amount of aim assist.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Even though youtube as sucked it dry the quality still looks really good. I have read there are a few teething problems with the pc version but I'm sure they will be ironed out for release day. Are you using mouse and keyboard or pad? A lot of people are saying pvp is silly with a pad due to the amount of aim assist.
Yes - there are a few little niggles that need to be addressed but it feels pretty solid. I'm using keyboard and mouse here and might give the pad a go later (just to see how it feels). I do wonder if the high levels of aim assist are a deliberate attempt to provide some semblance of 'fairness' due to the fact that keyboard and mouse players enjoy the more accurate and responsive inputs. Maybe.

I had a strike play through thing last night (forgotten what it's called) with a couple of random guys and really enjoyed it. I recorded the whole thing but don't fancy uploading a 35GB file to YouTube...

Interestingly, I had to knock down the anti-aliasing and screen space ambient occlusion settings to slightly lower settings to maintain a 60fps+ frame rate. With totally maxed settings even my system dipped down to 40fps in places (generally between 40-60fps). With max settings and the lowered anti-aliasing and lowered screen space ambient occlusion I see frame rates of 75fps+ consistently. That was at a resolution of 3440x1440p though and I was also using the GPU to encode and record the video at the same time, too... :tongueout:

That said, even if you knock down the quality settings (I knocked them down to medium to check them out) the game looks fantastic.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Sod it - uploaded the 35GB file to YouTube. Again, the quality has been mullered! :( I uploaded in 1440p but at the time of writing only the 1080p version is available for viewing...

Warning: Destiny level n00b alert :p

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
I got the Limited Edition version from Game - because free Cayde-6 figure and other goodies.

Got an email Friday to say it was packed, but that was it. Contacted them today, and they've said it "should" go out today, but could be dispatched tomorrow as it's not the standard version (Paying more to get it delivered later, what a stroke of genius). So will have to wait and see if I get an email later.

Otherwise, I won't be playing till Thursday. Wounded.

Jonesaaaay93

ClioSport Club Member
Ordered on amazon as I had a £30 voucher to use up, said to deliver any time before 9PM tomorrow.... mates going to collect from GAME at midnight. Gutted that I tried to save money haha

White APE
I'm goi g to game at midnight to get mine. Most of the guys I play with have done digital so we should all be hitting it up for a few hours in the early hours.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
A lad where I work goes on 2 weeks holiday from today, just so he can play this none stop.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
If you go get it at midnight, won't you spend the next 2 hours waiting for the game to install, and actually get to start playing at like 3AM?

I'm just gonna wait till morn.