ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decat or sportcat to go with Orbisoud??

S2 106 GTI
What do people recon??? I am making the 4.5 hr trip to prospeed tomorro and I'm getting one made up....but which???

I am also thinkning which would be easier to sell when the time comes??

There is going to be some modding done to the Orb instead of it being a 'ball & trumpet' end they are going to make it a flange fitment, better seal and easier to remove and replace!

Choices -
Decat - along with modding my OE CAT with a flange end so I can put it back on for MOT's, but when I come to sell I will have to sell the whole lot, and I will have to buy a FULL system! inc cat, as the cat/decat will be just made for that exhaust.

Sports cat - keep as one piece when selling and I only have to buy a cat back exhaust when I sell.

But whats better? which do I go for? sports cat is £100 more but thats not a problem.

HELP!!!

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
isnt the sport cat the same as a standard 182 cat. im sure thats what ive heard. i would just decat it plus its cheaper

S2 106 GTI
I've heard that the trophys CAT are slightly different again more free flowing - but unsure?!

S2 106 GTI
haha fight on! charlie at prospeed seems to think they have a normal cat on it - nothing special

340i
There will be no difference between 182 cats... be it Trophy, Cup, Full Fat LOL!

If you chop the flanges and make the cat a true 2.5" all the way through I can guarantee you will not tell the difference between that and a sports cat.

Clio 182 Trophy
I dont know, I cant see it being any different to any other 182 cat to be honest.

I can understand the hard decision your having. There are lots of ways of looking at it.
So really what you want is to keep the standard cat, then buy a sports cat that is made to fit the orb. Then when you come to sell the system you will only have to buy the standard cat back system.

I would rather buy a Trophy with an orb fitted but the problem is that the next owner wont be able to change the system without having to buy a cat with it, which would put me off, due to costs.

So, what you need is to either buy a seperate cat or de cat to fit the orb... But come MOT time you are going to need a cat so that rules out the de cat.

That leaves you with the option of buying a seperate cat for the orb. unless of course you buy a decat aswel !

rps13
sports cat is unlikely to pass an MOT anyway, mine failed with a 200 cell cat.

exhaust will sound better and offer a little power with interchangeable decat option!

clio 182
There are mechanics out there who will pass a car with a de-cat fitted you just have to ask around.