ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Davys 172 Flamer!

Colour does look slightly off, but it's going to happen if you give someone a part and ask for a specific colour, that part hasn't had time to age, and it's also plastic not metal so it'll look slightly different anyway.

It does need re-painting though as it's quite a way off the car colour.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
The guy is sound who did it, he said clean the car on Sunday and see how off it is. If it still isnt great pop in on a Saturday morning with the car so he can match to that, and he'll repaint it.

Fitted the passengers seat, had a bit of an issue with the pretensioner wiring so had to use the one from my old seats, not a big issue. Thanks to Gus @optical for a bit of guidance over whatsapp. Will try and get the drivers side done on Sunday.

IMG_6498.JPG

dan's cast offs.
2nd pic doesn't look as far off but old and new paint will vary as well. how many titanium ones have you seen where the door looks a totally different colour to the wing from one angle but fine from another.

best chance for match is to paint both together but find a painter that likes painting roofs!!

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
2nd pic doesn't look as far off but old and new paint will vary as well. how many titanium ones have you seen where the door looks a totally different colour to the wing from one angle but fine from another.

best chance for match is to paint both together but find a painter that likes painting roofs!!

Yeah i suppose mate. He said he'll redo it so hopefully gets a bit closer to the match.

RB Clio 182
It looks an awesome job apart from the colour match tho mate, it deffo needs to be a shade lighter tho.

Dont be disheartened mate, it looks a million times better than before whatever happens.

2014 Clio 200t edc
Looks awesome mate, well done for getting it fitted. Though why not fit the drivers first then the passengers? I'd be jealous of any passengers sitting in the recaro before me. Lol

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Looks awesome mate, well done for getting it fitted. Though why not fit the drivers first then the passengers? I'd be jealous of any passengers sitting in the recaro before me. Lol

I think I read somewhere that passengers was easiest, so wanted to try that first mate.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Do the difficult job first, then when you have less motivation you can attempt the easier job, and when it goes smoothly, you regain motivation ;)

Supra na auto
Couldnt work out what you meant mate as you cant access the holes with the boot shut. Managed to do it without it rubbing etc, so no damage. But the colour is a bit off. Im not sure if its because my car needs a good wax and its very very dirty (3months since last wash), but the spoiler is a bit too red/dark.

View attachment 177220
That a standard spoiler mate? If so a have a mint 1 off my flamer if your not happy with the one u have

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Supra na auto
After a messaged a realised it's a cup spoiler. Seen the colour was a tad out and though if he wanted a mint standard 1. I've got one in the spare room just sitting gathering dust

Last edited:

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
That a standard spoiler mate? If so a have a mint 1 off my flamer if your not happy with the one u have

Thanks for the offer mate. Hopefully manage to get a slightly better match on this cup one.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Those with Recaros, does the side bit with the 'Recaro' sticker rub on the door sill plastics when the seat is moved back/forward?

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Hmm, there are marks where they obviously rubbed on the previous owners car, and also rubbing on mine.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Fitted with no issues, no drama, injectors still in tact?

Disappointed.

Seats look ace, top Work mate.

:smile:

Yeah easy enough.. all fitted, then it wouldnt slide forward, realised id trapped a wire in the rails, so had to unbolt etc again, but nothing major! Just got to get to Rentech to get the light turned off.