ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Davys 172 Flamer!

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Just picked this up :D 75,000 miles, all belts etc done at ktec.

Mods so far:
Ktec super sport recessed catback exhaust system
Ktec engine mounts (why is this a popular mod?)
16' Turinis
Cup spoiler
ITG Maxogen induction kit
And few other little bits.

Planning on getting 4x Hancook v12 tyres but need to put some money aside for insurance first as only 18 so it isnt exactly cheap..

Had a little run up and down the road in it, feels so spacious compared to the saxo vtr and scared myself a little!

Not sure on yellow fogs, and want colour coded mirrors, not sure why it doesnt have them!

Recommendations, points etc welcome.

e7agesyh.jpg

hazabe4u.jpg

y9uvynam.jpg

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
550 to change from my vtr to this for remaining 5months of my policy. Original policy on vtr was 1380, when my renewal happens in may i would have got my first ncb and have turnt 19.. Will be happy with anything sub 2k

SQ5
Sorry, how much did the car cost? As if it was sub £2k then why pay the same again for insurance?

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Sorry, how much did the car cost? As if it was sub £2k then why pay the same again for insurance?

The car cost 1800.. At my age if you want a nice car the insurance is always gonna be more. My VTR cost me 700, the insurance was just under double.

SQ5
I think if I was on the end of the phone when told the value and then telling the price I would have to laugh.

Insurance should be capped at vehicle value in my opinion. If paying more its kind of pointless!

E92 M3
Nice car mate! I had my 182 at 18. Paid 1850 for insurance. I am 21 now and never regretted getting one so early. Worth every penny!!

Flame 172 (Ph2)
Thats mental, I've just bought a cup spoiler, ktec Coilovers and top mounts, ktec induction kit, anthracite turini's and a ktec recessed exhaust for my Flamer! 02 aswell!!

My car will literally look like yours in a week's time.

Youve done so so well buying that for £1800 though, with those mods id think it was worth more.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Thats mental, I've just bought a cup spoiler, ktec Coilovers and top mounts, ktec induction kit, anthracite turini's and a ktec recessed exhaust for my Flamer! 02 aswell!!

My car will literally look like yours in a week's time.

Youve done so so well buying that for £1800 though, with those mods id think it was worth more.

Haha yeah good price i think too :) my turinis are standard colour i think

Sport 172 flame Red
im 19 1 years no claims with a 172 flamer with admiral mine is £1200 fully comp in my name and my parents as named drivers.

just to give you an idea of what you may pay mate on renual

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
im 19 1 years no claims with a 172 flamer with admiral mine is £1200 fully comp my name and my parents as named drivers.

just to give you an idea of what you may pay mate on renual

Whaat! If mine is anywhere bear that i will be buzzing haha, cheers!

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
A few better pics..

urygy6y9.jpg

ysuna8ab.jpg

Feels like i am driving a merc compared to the saxo, the inside feels so spacious and luxurious, and to think it is only 6months newer than the saxo is mad.

OneTime_

ClioSport Club Member
  '65 BMW F31 330d
Can always depend on location...think we are a "B" postcode in terms of insurance Davyy ;)

Oh and drive this weekend?

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Yeah i think we are in a pretty good one :D yeah Tom says to give him a text wednesday to go up the hill.. But could all drive out Saturday? I finish work at 3ish so could do?

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I know this is a stupid question but it is driving me crazy! How do you toggle the mpg?

My mate has a 1.2 with the stalk for radio controls etc, but refuses because 'it is so f**king obvious'. Ive tried all the buttons and it just does volume and scans the radio stations :s

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
ITG Maxogen induction is for sale. 150 posted btw.

Need to sell this to afford some Hancook V12 tyres, otherwise wouldn't sell it as i love the noise!

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Went to drive to work yesterday, reversed off the drive fine, selected 1st and then there was just no drive :( just an awful grinding noise

My guess is the driveshaft has come out of the gearbox :( - being recovered this morning and then to the mechanics