ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Davys 172 Flamer!

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Driveshaft issue got fixed that day.

Had x2 Toyo Proxes T1Rs fitted on Thursday, feels planted and happy with them for £120 fiited. All the better as well as I got the tracking done.

Getting it detailed on Monday by Moxy, pics to follow.

Next thing to do is get 2 average rear tyres as they are a little low and sort out this rubbing/grinding noise from the rear right wheel. Sounds similar to a gone bearing or rubbing brake.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Had my car detailed today, machine polish etc etc.

Here is a few pictures, and well spent money in my opinion!

DSC01236_zps798f8be8.jpg

DSC01241_zps498f7916.jpg

DSC01242_zpsdbcedbb2.jpg

DSC01244_zps0db03385.jpg

DSC01248_zps6de10531.jpg

DSC01249_zpscc5bacfa.jpg

DSC01250_zpsa224fba3.jpg

DSC01252_zps5d57804a.jpg

DSC01256_zps54255fde.jpg

DSC01255_zps830c545b.jpg

DSC01258_zps536b8654.jpg

DSC01260_zps6e03453a.jpg

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Had to be a bus wanker today :( car is getting new brake pads all round, hopefully solve the grinding noise.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Thanks mate

People have suggested spacers and some fresh number plates so they will be coming in the future, but still trying to save 2kish for my insurance.

Any suggestions people?

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
No progress as such, had my first attempt of cleaning and it was awfully dirty due to the salty motorways.

All i used to Autoglym shampoo and detailer and came up lovely.

Need new front bumper, service etc which i'll do after May (Insurance renewal).

Such a gorgeous colour when clean and sun shining, horrid when dirty though.

ysu4ere7.jpg

yda9yzuv.jpg

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Waiting for my renewal from Elephant first.. They are only people that even considered the policy (VTR) when I was 18.

Clio 172 Phase 2
elephant or admiral is good. altho for some reason i went multi car with my missis and now i pay 900 as a 28yr old 3yr NCB. devood, is that astra x857 ehr?

clio dci , ren8
Hi Davyy ,well have to say I prefer the cup wheels but I am a fan of those anyway :clap:keep up the good work !

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Hi Davyy ,well have to say I prefer the cup wheels but I am a fan of those anyway :clap:keep up the good work !

No need to lie mate haha, they're awful, and embarrassing! The turinis are being refurbed in silver.

A couple of pics from the other day..

6asematu.jpg

y6yvavyr.jpg

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Flame Red

100% WIN

ironically that this colour is not that popular to sell but I don't know a single person that doesn't like it

The new Clio dynamique is finished in flame red !

S

SQ5
Flame Red

100% WIN

ironically that this colour is not that popular to sell but I don't know a single person that doesn't like it

The new Clio dynamique is finished in flame red !

S

As I was reading that all I was thinking was it seems the most popular on the Clio 4, and a similar colour on the new Focus

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Got my wheels back, they've done a good job refurbing them but the colour is a bit of a dark grey/silver instead of bright silver :(

Will get some better pics soon.

Had some fun with the snow foam though :D

1654428_10202458333233608_1023120820_n.jpg

RS172 Flamer
Car looks great with the turinis and cup spoiler. Let me know if you ever decide to sell the Cup Spoiler ;)

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Car looks great with the turinis and cup spoiler. Let me know if you ever decide to sell the Cup Spoiler ;)

Cheers pal. I doubt I will but I'll try and remember.

No mods at the moment. After doing the wheels, i'm just trying to get it properly up and together and tidy.

Big thanks to Rentech, had rear pads and discs renewed today.

If I go to uni in September, i'm thinking about boost after seeing so many others are on here!

Renault Clio 172
Ive just bought one of these in this colour and i love it plus mines still dirty atm havent had any time to spend on it yet.. looks great though buddy

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Fallen out of love with the car since being at uni, so I'm going to try and sort out the little niggles over summer.
Just ordered a new steering wheel to get rid of my melted grips, and now after a new drivers seat as there is a rip in the alcantara.

I've also fitted clean plates and 3/4 on the front.

Funny to see that I paid near on 2k for insurance when I first purchased it, and just renewed with Admiral for £530.. Just turned 21 so not bad.

Megane R26
I've got a set of front seats that will be up for sale beginning of next month. Removed from my old 182 around 5 years ago when it only had 35,000. I'm located near Salisbury as well.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I've got a set of front seats that will be up for sale beginning of next month. Removed from my old 182 around 5 years ago when it only had 35,000. I'm located near Salisbury as well.

Sounds perfect mate. I'll give you a PM.

Clio sport 172
Looks good mate, I'm 19 at the moment and have almost had my flamer a year, insurance is only 1500 for the year, up for renewal in may though! Here's a quick photo of mine last month on the way to Birmingham!
10917391_10204950594236336_8805841304733939700_n_zpscnxamwb5.jpg

Law

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Just gave the old girl a quick wash, its first since September last year due to uni! Had to replace the bonnet catch last weekend as it had seized, cracking car.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 113

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
My girlfriend bought me an early Christmas present, Das6pro and autofinesse stuff. Also bought a Connects2, amazed at how 'plug and play' it is. Also got some new thumb grips which i'm yet to fit, thanks to @Russo.

All booked in for Thursday also for the all important cambelt, dephaser, aux belt/kit and oil and filter. Killing my student funds!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    978.4 KB · Views: 106
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 107

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Had the belts and dephaser etc done last Thursday by Mike at Rentech. By far my biggest bill by far but the car has been faultless.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Went into work today, only to find out it was my day off, so went home and decided to do the few little bits I had planned to do later in the week.

First off, fitted the thumb grips. Very pleased with the fitment, and extremely easy to fit. Colour is slightly off, but I think that's just my old steering wheel.

Before (It really was ruined)
2qx25wj.jpg

After
b64inp.jpg

I then fitted the new rear number plate unit, and swapped over the bulb it came with, with an LED one. Nice and bright, and definitely freshers it up a bit.

Before:
drcaow.jpg

After:
2415sv9.jpg

Last edited:

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Then got round to doing the headlights, they really were bad. I don't know how I made such a mess.

I used 1200 wet and dry, later rather than sooner I learnt that the results were based on how much water was used, so these took me about 2 hours. Also did a quick run over with my DA. Still not perfect, but much better.

IMG_2268.jpg

IMG_2267.jpg

After:
IMG_2273.jpg

IMG_2274.jpg

Gave it a little spray down, still in need of a proper clean though.
IMG_2275.jpg

And this is how she has been left..
IMG_2277.jpg

Last edited:

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
Looking nice mate. Good job on the headlights!

Just recently done my rear number plate lens too, makes such a difference doesn't it!

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Looking nice mate. Good job on the headlights!

Just recently done my rear number plate lens too, makes such a difference doesn't it!

Thanks bud.

Yeah I forgot I did it, and hadn't driven it in the dark until earlier, so I had a look and it does look sooo much better!