ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Daniels Blue 182.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I'm all good Dan, pooch is doing great A grade squirrel catcher. Got married too which has taken up loads of time so now have a bit more time for the car. I need to fit that bush aswell looks easy enough but it needs to be bashed in (technical term) to stop it popping the circlip out. Got a ph1 stick and yanoo to go in tomorrow.
No way! Congratulations mate, hope you had a great day. We need a winter catch up when I'm back home for Xmas if you're around?

I'm making homemade pizzas tonight too reminds me of you :)

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Interested to see the bits your replacing Dan, keep the packets so i can get the parts numbers from you.
Deffo up for a Christmas drive/catch up.

I will do Nick, it'll probably be sometime next week. Going to shorten my linkage down on Sunday too, how much did you take off the filtration module, I assume it was that you shortened? or was it the long rod from the bottom of the gearstick housing? I guess it doesn't matter either way.

Really like the little touches you've added to this chap, looks on point!
Thank you mate, means a lot! :D

Really like this car looks as a Clio should.

You got plans to cage etc?

Cheers Josh. Appreciate the comment dude! I'd love a half cage purely for the harnesses to be attached to. In Satin black. Buttttttt it'ss extra money and i've got to refit my gearbox in the near future ready for the track day on the 15th.

The other week I had a play.

I do apologise for my council looking bin. I usually hide them from photos

23860060441_edd70a1844_b.jpg
20151212_135309 by dann2707, on Flickr

To fit the @EvolEngineering2013 dogbone. Jason is fantastic to deal with and made sure I got the part ready for the weekend when I was planning on doing car stuff. Fantastic service and a great price.

23860058141_40763c08e7_b.jpg
20151212_135449 by dann2707, on Flickr

It's stiffened the car up even more, vibrations are nowhere near as bad as people make out on here despite it being the hardest level. Sold my purple one to @fairm010

I then drove to Tesco with my sister for some shopping and took a pic and accidentally captured the coolest looking grandma ever ( apologies if she's like 40)

23315767653_3a1623d52e_b.jpg
20151220_140118 by dann2707, on Flickr

This sunday i'm going to be giving it a clean inside and shortening my gear linkage as i'm struggling to reach third when hammering it as noticed at Blyton Park.

@jaswalker24 has sent me some DS1.11's or whatever they're called as mine are shot and I need some track pads. I also need to service the car and fit some outer ARB bushes (black series again). Need to clean my panel filter too.

Cheers for reading and Merry Christmas to everyone :) Hope you all have a great day tomorrow xxxxx

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I was gonna tag you in it yesterday but totally forgot and it is miles away. You definitely need a cage though, because racekor

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Tackled a few little jobs today.

Fitted my black series outer anti roll bar bushes. Much easier when you order the right size ;)

Tried bleeding my brakes with new super blue gold fluid but my eezi bleed cap has cracked meaning it wouldn't hold pressure. Fail.

I also shortened my gear linkage by trimming the filtration module by about am inch and a half. I no longer have to reach for third. I do want it even closer now though.

I've also noticed an issue from a while back. When accelerating I'm pulling to the right. When decelerating I'm going left. At very high rpm in vtec y0 it's very verrrrrrry twitchy pulls right and left it's a massive handful. Not sure if it's to do with everything being polybushed etc but I noticed my bushes looking like this. Looks like one might have unseated itself?

20151226_122819_zpsne9tuxh8.jpg

20151226_122758_zpsnl28tozo.jpg

Perfect reason to upgrade the bushes to powerflex if it looks fucked. Wishbone doesn't look bent.

clio 182 cup
Just read your thread from 1st to last what a epic journey so far keep up the good work !!!!
Seen your car in the flesh in Huddersfield looks very well :smile:

M2 Comp
Not saying it's connected to the issues you're having, but I'd check the condition of your inner tie rods, mate. The rubber boots look to have split and you don't want any dirt or water getting in there. If the inner tie rods are ok you can just replace the boots themselves.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Just read your thread from 1st to last what a epic journey so far keep up the good work !!!!
Seen your car in the flesh in Huddersfield looks very well :smile:

Thanks for the comment mate! Are you something 66 on detailing world? You'll definitely have to have a knock at my door and I'll convince you to get the club sports and harnesses :p

Not saying it's connected to the issues you're having, but I'd check the condition of your inner tie rods, mate. The rubber boots look to have split and you don't want any dirt or water getting in there. If the inner tie rods are ok you can just replace the boots themselves.

Admittedly that was me when I fitted them. They're fairly newish but thanks for noticing man I appreciate it!

Car feels much tighter now I've got the arb bushes in. Loving itttttt!

clio 182 cup
Yep that's me pal will wait till the new year and pop down to see you .... Only live 5 mins away up in Lindley !!! hopefully you'll be able to give me some tips lol lol !!
looking forward to meeting you pal
speak very soon :smile:

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
@dann2707 Where you getting your tyres fitted? I was gonna take the PS3's to Bram but think they charge about £15 a corner for fitting/balancing etc. Know everywhere cheaper that's decent?

R35 GT-R, 172 Cup
Oi oi Dan, remember to come and say hi mate at Cadwell. Looking forward to seeing your sorted motor in person. Just don't embarrass my fairly standard Cup on track in the process lol

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Today I did some car things.

I got my michelin pilot sport 3's fitted. Can tell already that they feel much more direct that the uniroyals I had on before, and that's whilst still needing to be scrubbed in.

I shortened down my linkage a few weeks ago by cutting the filtration module down slightly, this helped but I needed it shorter. I can feel the tendons stretching slightly in my arm when going into third indicating it was still a reach away. I wanted it right in front of me having my elbow bent a bit soooooooooooooo. I removed the gear linkage.

This is it standard.

23667133584_30217f3cc6_h.jpg
20160110_132032 by dann2707, on Flickr

Meets Mr grinder

24269199806_0926c0f9ef_h.jpg
20160110_132034 by dann2707, on Flickr

Cutting this amount off seen in the background. I cut slits in the linkage so that it could grip the filtration module

23668519693_ad1bc34a42_h.jpg
20160110_132538 by dann2707, on Flickr

Post pic I filed it all smooth and flat.

Clamp back on

24295407615_3bc345b792_h.jpg
20160110_132849 by dann2707, on Flickr

This is now neutral

23667182674_1121b979ea_h.jpg
20160110_134511 by dann2707, on Flickr

Fourth

23927582699_a8385a9ff1_h.jpg
20160110_134531 by dann2707, on Flickr

First

23927603339_5032e0df67_h.jpg
20160110_134542 by dann2707, on Flickr

And some random interior shots just because!

24295471105_64a3eca027_h.jpg
20160110_143951 by dann2707, on Flickr

23927640049_9a3be45364_h.jpg
20160110_143957 by dann2707, on Flickr

23999884010_af5a3fb36d_h.jpg
20160110_144003 by dann2707, on Flickr

Drove the car back to my house and it feels incredible. Neutral is in the perfect position now too.

Bring on Cadwell next Friday!

A few things left to do prior to that.

- Bought some DS2500 pads from @Korky which he is kindly sending to me before the track day
- Got a sun strip on the way which I'm not sure when I'm going to find time/daylight to do it before the track day
- Need to fit the dashcam to the rear so I get some decent footage at Cadwell

Cheers

Last edited:
  Clio 182
Car looks good pal. One question, your seats. I can see from your interior picture that you have the front of your seat sitting in the middle hole on the side mount. Have you managed to bring the rear of the seat down a hole or two? Ive lifted my seat upwards to get it more angled but cant get the rear lower due it the screws and subframe hitting the seat before it gets to the next hole! I run the same Xlow foz frames as you.
Just wondering if maybe it was a problem you have/had. If not ill look at sourcing smaller bolts or shaving mine down.
(sorry for waffling on)
@dann2707

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Car looks good pal. One question, your seats. I can see from your interior picture that you have the front of your seat sitting in the middle hole on the side mount. Have you managed to bring the rear of the seat down a hole or two? Ive lifted my seat upwards to get it more angled but cant get the rear lower due it the screws and subframe hitting the seat before it gets to the next hole! I run the same Xlow foz frames as you.
Just wondering if maybe it was a problem you have/had. If not ill look at sourcing smaller bolts or shaving mine down.
(sorry for waffling on)
@dann2707
Hi mate cheers for the comment, i've just nipped outside to check and the rears on mine are actually on the top hole. I remember when fitting them that the bolts would knock so didn't bother going any lower!

I find i'm fairly low as it is!

Clio 182
Hi mate cheers for the comment, i've just nipped outside to check and the rears on mine are actually on the top hole. I remember when fitting them that the bolts would knock so didn't bother going any lower!

I find i'm fairly low as it is!

Cheers mate!

Yeah nice and low, just want more angle. Anyway, thanks again!

Have fun at cadwell