ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dan@SJM's 1720v

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Coupe/Defender V8
Re: My Phase 1 ITB Daily Runner

are you still here???

Either 1. stop being as slippery as a newts arse and send me MY CALIBRATION file from my LAST visit...please :)

Or 2. Jog on

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2

You have the Cal Michael, you have it, you say so in your emails. Or you can post up your fuel table and we can do the same. This will clearly show the differing values and put FACT in front of FICTION.

I'm going to make my point, I have to. No jogging today Michael, or tomorrow or until this is resolved and your agenda is quashed.

Sean.

R26

lol massive arguement.

shame its ruined your car progress thread tbh

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2

No Michael you are not.

The maps on cars remain the property of the tuning house to which applies them. I am sure you have had a similar response from the other side as well, this I would suspect is the reason why you haven't ended this yet. You clearly state in your emails that you will "aid the situation" by looking at the original map from the car, backed up before you had it re-mapped.

So you see Michael you have the maps, both of them, right there. You can see the difference in the fuelling even if you cannot post up the tables, what does it say exactly? I take it you know what you are looking for with relation to load and RPM?

I'm not bullying you Michael, I'm ensuring our reputation for calibration remains in tact, you on the other hand are doing your utmost to do the opposite. This is why I am still here challenging you to put your map where your mouth is. So come on...

Sean.

Coupe/Defender V8

lol reputation - if you're going to refuse to send it to me, that's your call - and convenient I must say.

Like I said, newts arse

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2

I fear that wall behind you is getting closer Michael, spitting at me will do you no good at all. It's fact I want and you are coming up very short...

Sean.

Coupe/Defender V8

I'm not the one coming in here trying to save face, mate. There are more people than I can count on both hands and both feet who have been left in exactly the same situation.

If you want to play the 'tuning house" (lol) card that's your decision. People will believe who they want at the end of the day.

You've opened up a can of worms from me showing a picture of some sooty spark plugs.

R26

bloody helll.
this is turning into a nw vs bedford thread.

ktec are becoming very bully-ish? (new word)

matt @ tdf ftw tho btw

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2

I should like to be quick to point out this is not about Matt's work at TDF, far from it, it is the constant slurring and discrediting being circulated with the specific intent of harming our business.

This is based on Michael's part in this, we have proof of it and I want to see the facts behind his claims, the real facts. If people will choose to have an opinion on mapping and ECU tuning then they must be based on fact.

All I ask for is the facts. I cannot see the harm in seeing them in order to fully understand why his feelings are so strong. It is this forum that he has chosen to mount his slur campaign, so it is fitting that it is on this forum the facts are brought to light.

Thats all I am looking for.

Sean.

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000

Is it even possible to upload a map to a post?

In an inteligible interpretation?

Coupe/Defender V8

Nope, this is where I have to step in. Stop stalling, show your hand and i'll show you mine. You've been called, you are backing away, why?

Sean.

that remark could of been aimed at anyone. If you're so sure of yourself - post it yourself and be done with it tbh. Not sure why you haven't already

Like I said, I'm not the one trying to save face

Keep digging or send me what you believe to be my last calibration

Last edited:

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2

I think you know who it was aimed at.

Last edited:
  Coupe/Defender V8

lol I'm sure

This tuner house thing does make me laugh though, why ask for another tuners map then? Give others the same courtesy won't you.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

I dont think "bully ish" is the right word tbh, i own my own company so i can see where K-Tec are comming from.
It takes many years and lots of hard work to build up a good company and then to have that ruined or dammaged by things that may not be true is a very very bitter pill to swollow.

I am old enough to make my own mind up where i will be spending my money but there are many young boys and girls on here who belive everything they read from these forums.

So on that note, put up or shut up!!.......:boring:

R26

Fcuking lol @ threatening court.

Good to see your friendly Renault tuner in action.

+1

i can understand a bad map, everybody makes mistakes, but i cant believe how ktec are being. this is what would make me not use them.

*subscribes*

Coupe/Defender V8

they have it - they can put it up - I told Sean to email me instead of debating it in here earlier on and he declined.

172 cup

seeing as people are adding their two cents

i know either one of you, wouldn't know either of you if i bumped into you so this is said from what i've read in this thread.

micheal has been a good customer and enjoyed a good relationship with k-tec, a few problems have occurred so the car has gone to tdf where it's been discovered there has been a problem with afr readings.

true every tuner will set a map differently, a map done on a rolling road won't always drive in real life as nicely as it could so on the fly tweaks are needed fact.

running lean does not make a car dangerous, it can cause irreversible damage or even premature engine failure.

a little knowledge is needed if you're spending money on anything, there are plenty of resources available to look up the basics to gain an understanding of what is going on, professionals are there to be that, to help guide the customer through problems.

there is an old saying "the customer is always right" they are not, another fact, but to keep a good relationship with new and existing customers this is the rule you need to adopt, these things should be dealt with in private.

the only person i see damaging k-tecs reputation is someone who works there.

in my opinion, sean should have taken a different approach than this, a few people have commented their mapping isn't as it should be, what should have been done is check all diagnostics to make sure the equipment is working a ok, then post a message saying you've looked into this problem and would like to speak to anybody affected instead of trying to belittle a former customer, this would have given a better view of how k-tec operate

Coupe/Defender V8

I explained numerous times who my problem was with - and that I didn't want to speak to them directly as it would result in something much like what is happening now.

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd

I dont think "bully ish" is the right word tbh, i own my own company so i can see where K-Tec are comming from.
It takes many years and lots of hard work to build up a good company and then to have that ruined or dammaged by things that may not be true is a very very bitter pill to swollow.

I am old enough to make my own mind up where i will be spending my money but there are many young boys and girls on here who belive everything they read from these forums.

So on that note, put up or shut up!!.......:boring:

Agree!
I'm 100% pro k-tec
and I'm certain andy knows what he's doing.
Show the map

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

I just belive if you have a problem be a man and do it face to face, i would never come on here slagging people or companys off.

That dose not get the problem sorted, and tbh this is getting a bit "play ground" next you will be saying "My dads bigger than your dad"

So show the maps and please can we put a end to this.....

Coupe/Defender V8

Noted. David did ask to meet, but then he decided there was no point as my mind was clearly made anyway.

I had to agree on that one.

I'll say it again, the thread speaks for it self previously. I have no issues with the work carried out previous to this - it's purely the mapping issue.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

Did you not feel that "why should you pay for it to be done again"? And take it back for them to sort it out...

Coupe/Defender V8

I disagree, the car since then drives a lot better. Why would I then take it back when they've had ample opportunity to get it right before. You can only have so much trust, and believe you me - I had plenty before this incident

I'd rather bite the bullet and take the car somewhere else. Money isn't the issue

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Will proof be posted by either party? I'm just curious.

I'm not taking sides, but this has got a little out of hand.

Coupe/Defender V8

The way I see it at this stage, Sean has already made it clear that due to being a tuner house he is unwilling to send me my calibration. I'm not willing to start another debate outside of this thread

I've posted my before and after AFR, which can be found earlier in the thread. The AFR Sean has showed, is dated before my car had it's amendments made.

My car had been no-where else previously other than K-Tec Racing before I had it checked else where.

There is no AFR graph for my car at K-tec in the time the amendments were made, as it was not checked on the dyno with the socks on at all - as I believe it should of been.

It was then after this I had it checked and the results were found

David told me that it was totally unacceptable that it was not checked on the Dyno. Which is an entirely different story to what's being told here.

I can't really say any more than that at this stage, people can believe what they want. I was a very good customer of K-tecs - I'm not an argumentative person by nature as those of you who have met/know me will know

What I am is unsure of why I'm being bullied into a corner for something which has cost me time and money -when it should of been done properly in the first instance.

I'm spent

Last edited:

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

I disagree, the car since then drives a lot better. Why would I then take it back when they've had ample opportunity to get it right before. You can only have so much trust, and believe you me - I had plenty before this incident

I'd rather bite the bullet and take the car somewhere else. Money isn't the issue
I understand and tbh i am the same sod the expensive i just want things right.
I suppose its the working on Aston Martins for over 10 years...

Btw i like your car very much, i have only had mine for about 3 weeks now.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2

Michael,

I did not tell you it was "totally unacceptable" to not have the AFR logged on the dyno. I simply said it was something we could have done and it is something we now do as a "belt and braces approach". But since speaking to Andy and finding out the changes made to your map were along the bottom line there would be no need to log the AFR at WOT as it would not have changed.

Christopher, our graph for Michael's car is posted on a previous page. The changes made to Michael's map on the road would not have affected this graph/AFR. This is also the very same graph I invited Michael to come and see on our dyno computer due to the fact I was unable to email it directly from our dyno computer. Being unable to email direct meant I could not show him that this was logged with his car details on the graph, something that is not shown when the graph is printed off and scanned.

As has been mentioned, I asked Michael to bring the car down to us to see what we could sort out. He agreed to do this over the phone, but then changed his mind. Since then many of our past and future customers have been PM'd hinting at the fact there map was no good that we had done on their car. In one case I was told (I still have the email from Michael) that another car was poorly mapped and its engine was in a "dangerous" state of tune. I immediately contacted this customer, made a 450 mile round trip to collect his car only to find out it was his Omex ecu plug at fault which was intermittently cutting the engine. Once this was fixed (for free) we dyno tested the car and the original map was found to be absolutely spot on. During this time we also supplied him with a courtesy car. All this was done at our cost even though the problem was nothing to do with what we had previously done on the car. This is how much we value our customers and our reputation.

Unfortunately there is much more that has gone on behind the scenes that may of you will never hear about and it is this type of underhanded behavior and lies that we want to stop. Now I am pretty sure if some you guys had someone blatantly putting down your girlfriend behind your back, who had never met her, you would be pretty annoyed (sorry for the crap example but you get the idea).

I will be the first t admit we have had a few of our customers revisit us for tweaks to their maps. In many cases these are on heavily modified cars with throttle bodies or forced induction. These cars have undergone major changes and fine tuning is sometimes needed to get the car how the customer wants. In some cases this is a simple adjustment of the throttle pedal sensitivity and in some cases it is to raise the idle etc. Of course this is always done at no cost to the customer and it is seen as part of the development of the car. Bearing in mind we are tuning these cars to higher states of tune than just about anyone else, this obviously means we quite often see the same car more than once for tweaks. At no time are these cars deemed to be "dangerous" or "on the brink of failure", there are simply back for a tweak, nothing more and nothing less. Again these perceptions are down to gossip and as the saying goes" a little knowledge is a dangerous thing".

Anyway, to finish off this rather long winded post. Yes we have been a little "to the point" in this thread, mainly due to the reasons listed above. This is not how we conduct our normal business as many, many customers will confirm. We have some details that should help settle this ongoing heated discussion and I hope this will put this whole episode to bed and we can all move on.

David.

Last edited by a moderator:
  R26

both well put tbf...

if it were me i would just forget it all, delete all of it and go back to it just being a project thread

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2

both well put tbf...

if it were me i would just forget it all, delete all of it and go back to it just being a project thread

Sorry, but when our well earned reputation is being damaged for something we have not done we would be silly to let it go unchallenged. It just a shame it has got to this point and I hope we have gone some way to quash a few unsubstantiated rumours.

David.

Status
Not open for further replies.