ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cup probs again

172 cup
Right, not posted with a prob for a while, but for the past 6 months ive been having probs with the cup (see previous threads)
Now its back in again with broken near side front road spring! And coz i have warranty it goes to Renault. They have been so rude and unhelpful this time!

Anyway hopeing to get it back tommorrow with new spring, but wondered what peoples thoughts are on keeping it after all this.

Ive spent £2000 on it in the past 6 months and have been lucky to get it all back through the warranty, but it runs out in a couple of weeks.

Do i keep it or get rid?

fad

Clio 182 FF
If you have maxed out the waranty chances are most of the potential running porblems would of been encountered hence a "possile" stretch with no problems.

However I am always under the belief you do get some cars that are nothing but trouble!

After a week with my 182 I have to say its easily the best car I have owned (comming from an Astra GSi turbo) and wouldnt have a clue what I would want to replace it with! It ticks all the boxes and I just hope I dont have to deal with any of the horror stories yo hear about on here :eek:

What sort of miles has the cup done as it may be worth selling up and getting a lower mile car in the view to buy a car that wont be trouble as you clearly seem to cherish your cup.

A friend of mine spent 5k on a FF 172 as he was in a rush to buy one and it turned out to not be as mint as he initally thought...he then drove it around for 6 months and found another minter for a little bit more and its been more reliable and feels better than his previous 172 which was newer!!

172 cup
thanx fad.
Yea i really do cherrish my cup and dont want to get rid of it, but i just cant afford to repair it if it goes wrong after the warranty runs out.

Its by far, the best car i have eva brought, and i brought it on looks only (the engine came as a bonus!)

Ive got it back today and just hope it behaves otherwise it will have to have another owner!:(

megane 285 sport
ive had loads of bad luck with mine, shockers on the rear went, radiators went, the rest of me probs are because of me messing with it, but again i luv the car so hopefully (touch wood) it will be the last for a while.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I've spent quite a bit on my Mk2 172, over the last 12 months, but it's now on just under 80K and running well [touches wood]

I'd keep it, if your still happy with the performance etc.

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
i had to have a new engine fitted in mine all cars have there probs i woulndt think twice about selling mine even though the engine blew

172 cup
i know, but its still a worry how much more its going to cost me with the next prob, esp when my local renault garage are unhelpful and rude!

Running costs are fine and insurance cost is good.

It actually does better on fuel than my last car which was 1.6 focus!

Its sooooo gorgeous;)