ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CS Areas Day 14 (SCOTLAND) 21.09.14

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Go karts at Knockhill ain't a bad shout sponge, they any good?
Was also thinking maybe extreme at newbridge then Krispy kremes could be an option

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Another good shout John. Loved the last go kart meet.

FF Racing Blue 182
That sounds a good idea about the go karts, then a trip to the strippers to finish the day off nicely.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Do you mean Raceland? Aye they would but they were a mare when I tried to book for us last time. I wasn't willing to front a deposit which maybe didnt help.

Nandos addict!

Dunno what you're talking about.

29129g1.jpg

Extreme karts are crap these days. They're all needing new engines.

Raceland on the otherhand... brand new fleet today ;)

10544397_10152532140975726_8926076383792754932_n.jpg

10511283_10152532141070726_7891766222677671416_n.jpg

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Just noticed all the replies in this thread. Been without Internet all weekend at T in the Park. I'll get a proper read through later once I've recovered properly lol.

If Raceland is what people are wanting I'll get in contact with them and find out what the deal is. I know I'd prefer to go there too.

I'll attend this. Had a quick word with Dan and I'm more than happy to help out with organising it too.

I think going on what I've seen in the Scottish group it might be best to split it into two areas though and have a meet in the central belt and another one for the highlands, in Inverness or something. If anyone else would be willing to help let me know :)

I'm up for helping to organise things if required. Monday-Friday I can be a bit of a headless chicken but weekends are usually fine :) even if we could get a few of us to talk who are willing to organise something, take into account the suggestions already made and post something a bit more concrete. If the meet involves a write-up afterwards as suggested above for each region I do not mind helping with that, used to doing reports at work etc.

Would also be game for the karting idea, wished I had signed up to the last one, looked really decent. People need an incentive to attend meets. Karting/a good feeding is far more appealing than standing in a retail car park in the wind and rain so in theory, more people would put their names down.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Right, I've spoken to Raceland, I'll try and keep things concise and to the point. The basics of it are:

• Event would start at either 12:30pm or 3:30pm
  • £800 for up to 16 drivers (with it costing another £50/driver up to a maximum of 20 drivers) OR
  • £1600 for up to 32 drivers (costing an extra £50/driver up to a maximum of 40 drivers)

• Will be £50 per person providing we can get either 16-20 or 32-40 drivers!
  • If we can't fill the event it will obviously be more, as the event cost will be split between the number of drivers there.
  • e.g. 25 drivers would work out at £64 per person (£1600 event cost split between 25 = £64 each)

• Finally, a 50% deposit is required on booking
  • I would expect that everyone would play their part in putting forward their amount for the deposit.

So from this, can we get a proper list of who's up for attending now? Try and get 16 people to start with, and we can take it from there.

The usual copy and paste job, add your name if you're up for it.

1. sburrell93

Also, @arg_carra @BREMBO if you're up for helping out that's brilliant. Hopefully between us we can get something good sorted out. The more we have to help organise things the better.

Yeah no problem, although you seem to have things covered lol. But happy to get involved if required as each area might have to do write ups etc as mentioned in the first post.

1. sburrell93

2. paprika123

3. fraser.j.

4. arg_carra

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios
1. sburrell93

2. paprika123

3. Michaelfoz

4. arg_carra

16. fraser.j.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
1. sburrell93

2. paprika123

3. Michaelfoz

4. arg_carra

15. .GAZ.

16. fraser.j

It's a shame karts don't have passenger seats else I could have shown you how it's done.

Ive also done more karting days than you've had hot dinners etc

/Paprika.J.