ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crashed :(

Renault Clio
Basically someone went into the back of me yesterday. I purchased number plates from fancyplates but I got the standard ones, but they dont have the makers name and post code on the bottom, will this make my insurance claim void if they notice?

Non standard-standard plates are the worst kind. You'd be better off with some cardboard plates, seriously. Quickly make some and go whack em on before the vehicle inspection.

320d
Nobody will give a s**t. Especially as it wasn't your fault anyway. What % of the general public would notice whether their number plate had the makers name and postcode on.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Does your Dad have a history of winding you up? Or is he one of lifes worriers?

Nissan 350z
I'm more concerned for the fathers comments. I wonder what other pearls of wisdom he's passed on? :rolleyes:

172 Cup
Get a life, losers. Thanks to the people that actually wanted to help.
:lolup:
Not our fault if you're asking for it.

Took me a while to notice mine have "Clio Sport Cup" in place of the dealer's name :cool:
But as I was pulling into a car park I looked around and around 1 in 3 cars just have the reg and nothing else, even spanking 13 platers which must have come like that from the dealer. I can only surmise that those who tell you xyz is the law are full of s**t, that includes your old man and you should tell him as much, these kind of people need to be put in their place.
Show him this:
https://www.gov.uk/displaying-number-plates/flags-symbols-and-identifiers
and check the highway code for backup if it says anything.

Of course I might be full of s**t, tbh I cba worrying about something so trivial.

These threads are becoming worryingly common on cs ffs.
Crash threads in general? They do seem to be very common :(

S4 Avant
Does your Dad have a history of winding you up? Or is he one of lifes worriers?

My mates dad is one of those... Made him pay main dealer prices, as he "needed to get the fiat stamp in his service book".

£700 for brake discs, two tyres and a service. Seven hundred pounds.

PH2 RS172
i dude hope youre ok. if made recently your plate should have the business name and postcode on the bottom of the plate by law (no advertising allowed). all uk based numberplate printers should be (paid) dvla register so should your plates go walkies the police can track back to where they came from and what the person who bought thems details are (i know because i print them at my work and have a nice law abiding citizen sheet sat on the computer) but mainly to make sure that they arent being bootlegged out of el backo streeto garage/unit to mr anpr-avoider. i very much doubt that the insurance company would care as your plates could have been made before this law came into play. its more about keeping an eye on whos making the plates rather than the person whos using them... cut off the illegal supply and make life harder for anpr-avoider. in your defence though...insurance companies will do anything and everything to get out of paying up if they can so im sure at some point we'll hear about this scenario youre worried about happening... peace

Renault Clio
i dude hope youre ok. if made recently your plate should have the business name and postcode on the bottom of the plate by law (no advertising allowed). all uk based numberplate printers should be (paid) dvla register so should your plates go walkies the police can track back to where they came from and what the person who bought thems details are (i know because i print them at my work and have a nice law abiding citizen sheet sat on the computer) but mainly to make sure that they arent being bootlegged out of el backo streeto garage/unit to mr anpr-avoider. i very much doubt that the insurance company would care as your plates could have been made before this law came into play. its more about keeping an eye on whos making the plates rather than the person whos using them... cut off the illegal supply and make life harder for anpr-avoider. in your defence though...insurance companies will do anything and everything to get out of paying up if they can so im sure at some point we'll hear about this scenario youre worried about happening... peace

Thanks mate, and thanks to the other people again that actually want to help me. Shame that not all CS members take the same approach.

Clio 200
:lolup:
Not our fault if you're asking for it.

Took me a while to notice mine have "Clio Sport Cup" in place of the dealer's name :cool:
But as I was pulling into a car park I looked around and around 1 in 3 cars just have the reg and nothing else, even spanking 13 platers which must have come like that from the dealer. I can only surmise that those who tell you xyz is the law are full of s**t, that includes your old man and you should tell him as much, these kind of people need to be put in their place.
Show him this:
https://www.gov.uk/displaying-number-plates/flags-symbols-and-identifiers
and check the highway code for backup if it says anything.

Of course I might be full of s**t, tbh I cba worrying about something so trivial.

Crash threads in general? They do seem to be very common :(

The plates you refer to which appear blank probably have the maker in the corner hardly distinguishable, but there nonetheless for legal reasons – I believe Halfords plates for instance are like this.