ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crashed the mk1.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Well it's been almost 12 hours now since I hit the barrier.

It's been a long hard road to recovery since then. But finally I feel ready for another trackday at last.

So here we are at croft.

80D49324-C2CA-4C14-8080-6E18CAC86004-4212-000006713A50C10F_zpsa02fb4e0.jpg
Ha! Now that's dedication for you!
I miss my RB :-(

I have a few standard mk1 clios knocking about uf you're interested chip?
X

Mk2 172
Sorry to see you've crashed it mate. It least you did it the right way :)
A couple of my friends were there as well, in a Livered up Puma and A fiesta with a puma engine. They said it was hard going in the wet, with Plenty of crashes.
Were you on the evening session?

172, Tiguan
Unlucky buddy, try and enjoy Croft though. I was hoping to pop down at lunch but it's just too far to get there and back in my lunch break. At least it might stay dry today!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Andyrg is here in a trophy, which should be a good match pace wise for the RB so that will be good fun hopefully chasing him round and if I can't keep up I will just use my sore neck as an excuse. ;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Have a good day Chip! No doubt you'll still be giving it death!

172, Tiguan
Andyrg is here in a trophy, which should be a good match pace wise for the RB so that will be good fun hopefully chasing him round and if I can't keep up I will just use my sore neck as an excuse. ;)

As long as he doesn't destroy those nice new tyres!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Maximum attack in my mrs cherished daily 2 weeks after she had the bumpers painted to get rid of stone chips etc. what could possibly go wrong ? Lol.

Your ability to have children if you damage it.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
That's a shame.

Still, on the up side you'll be considerable quicker if you get shell which isn't mired in filler.

I'm sure you'll be back on track in no time...oh wait! haha! Dedication.

No way! :/ I'm gutted for you mate.

At least you're okay, that's the main thing!

I can't believe how quickly you've brushed it off your shoulder to go out on another track day haha!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
unlucky chap, sorry to see the liquid yellow beast die a death :(

glad your all okay though

Cadwell is a fapping nightmare in the rain, did an evening session in the turbo few years back and it changed halfway as the rain started, I was still out on the slicks too, soon as they rain came a bit harder and they cooled down Christ was it scary. Jekyll and Hyde moment or what!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
That's a shame.

Still, on the up side you'll be considerable quicker if you get shell which isn't mired in filler.

I'm sure you'll be back on track in no time...oh wait! haha! Dedication.

They anyways end up with a bit of filler on the arches when they are done tbh mate. And to be fair it looks worse in the picture than in real life. Was crashed on that side before though I believe anyway.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
They anyways end up with a bit of filler on the arches when they are done tbh mate. And to be fair it looks worse in the picture than in real life. Was crashed on that side before though I believe anyway.

I suspect 99% of the valvers on the road do tbh..lol

I'm sure it'll come back bigger and better.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Not been afraid to use the track limits. Lol

B08CAAD5-0924-4CF3-B2F7-9DC4838732C3-4369-0000069B8C42FD14_zpsf9a8d963.jpg

The RB feel like a bloody boat compared to the mk1 though. Been so long since I've driven a fairly standard one I've kind of forgotten how much they lean!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
will probably go back down a notch and not build anything quite so track focused again as I've been committing a bit too much time to it really and it can mess up other aspects of your life when all your spare time is in the garage.

That's fate sticking it's 10p worth in there. It's far too easy to get wrapped up in work/sports/hobbies to actually realise what impact it's having on other areas in your life.

And at least the damage happened out on track where the consequences of having an 'off' are minimised. Still, all that hard work and effort - just as she was running right like you said. :(

D.

Cup Turbo, Flamer
No way, after all the effort, gutted for you mate

Love the way you're straight back on track though, the only way to deal with it!

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator

I suspect 99% of the valvers on the road do tbh..lol

I'm sure it'll come back bigger and better.

I can vouch for this, there isn't a straight one out there :)

Chip really sorry you ended up with a bent valver. Looked lovely in that colour too.

Is that a 172 dash inside it?

Also wash your mouths out. Valvers are perfect and all need no filler :p

Joke. Tonnes of the stuff.

182cup & 172 racecar
Ohh Chippy Chip, not nice, but happens to most eventually when pushing along. At least you have others to choose from and you're ok.

The second right hander just before you go up the hill. Normally you can run a little wide there with no drama at all.

I've done the same thing on that corner but in the dry so managed to bring it back the rear tyre can dig in just past the curb