ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

crashed/insurance help

RS4
they dont ask you for your mot when you have an accident anyhow.
just claim insurance, thats why you pay for it every year, and at the end of the year change insurance companies.

I worked it out it only cost me 30 quid extra having one accident in the last three years,
b*llocks to fixing that car yourself, whats the point in insurance if your going to get it fixed yourself

Da

Less
anyone got any advice on the MOT expired situation, is this 100% grounds to not pay out, does anyone know for SURE.

Suppose someones car is fully comprehensively insured and has no MOT, is sitting on the drive and is declared off the road when somebody poors painstripper over it. Despite no MOT the insurance company would certainly still have to pay out. I think he is insured with direct line, does anyone have this boolet available to produce any quotes from it with reguard to MOT etc...

anymore advice or constructiive information for the guy??

As I understand it, for FC insurance to be valid the car has to be kept in a roadworthy condition which the insurance company will argue means having a valid MOT certificate. In the event of no MOT I believe that the FC cover reverts back to third party, fire & theft. So, in this case, I believe he will not be insured for criminal damage.

Mk1 Maxim Sport
either way mate its unlucky what happened but by them pics ur fu***d. ud be best off just breaking the car down, well whats left of it and flogging the parts on here or ebay. Ull end up paying more for the repair than the cars worth.

Black Gold with cup packs
I am with Direct Line and had an Accident 2 weeks ago. I have made a Claim on the insurance ( I swerved to avoid a cat and kit the kerb at 40mph didnt mount the curb just bounced off) anyway I Buckled my Right alloy wheel, Popped the tyre, Need a new engine mount, My passengers Seat airbag went off ruining my lovley half leather alacanta drivers seat. And a bit of Bumper repair but not visable from the outside, not a mark on the car other than the wheel. Anyway to the point I claimed against my insurance and I was asked for no MOT certificate, No proof of drivers licence, nothing to prove the car is in a road worthy condition nothing! My only argument is that the garage have still got the car.
But you have written the car off, I didn't do that just maybe £2000 parts and labour. And lost 3 years NCB so my premium next year will be near enough the same as this year :(
Hope it works out for you though fella, not nice smashing your car up then being told you will not be compensated in anyway.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
b*llocks to fixing that car yourself, whats the point in insurance if your going to get it fixed yourself

I chose to get my dad to repair my car when i was hit and the other persons for that matter, as my excess was £350 which mean the insurance would of written my baby off shes only a mk1 so not worth the earth.
but that way i saved on paying my excess and still kept my car and my NCB.
If however the other car was totalled as well as mine i most probably would of claimed.
Not being funny, but its people like yourself ^^ that push premiums up by claiming for a relatively small amount compared to those who genuiniely claim for write-offs etc.

Black Gold with cup packs
£350, Thats not bad. My Excess is actually £250, But because I am under 25 my insurance company charge me an extra £350 squid what the f**k is that about. So I had to fork out £600 to get hans repaired

White R26/Stripped Valver
Feel sorry for you lad. Just because he lost the back end does not mean he was going fast, the back end has stepped out on me a few times when ive been doing the speed limit, even stepped out once at 10mph.

As for being a cr*p driver, i think thats a bit harsh to say, he was just inexperienced just like we all were when we first passed out test even you jjoe90, some are just lucky and some aren't(im one of them). Its a mistake im sure he will learn from.

Not realising your MOT has expired is happens, mine expired in February i didnt realised till May.

If what youve said is true alex and you werent going fast, then good luck mate hope they dont screw you to the wall.