ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crail trackdays

Clio 172, Shogun
Looking at Trackdays and 1/4 mile days and see Crail are doing Trackdays now. Haven't been up there for years and was a 1/4 mile day when I was there last.

Has anyone been to a Crail trackday and would they recommend the 150 mile trip, read on hear it was a load of dis-organised horse s**t but that's 1 persons opinion lol

Clio 172, Shogun
I've done knockhill a few times with it been quite close to home, Croft being the closest, I'll keep looking at dates else where for Trackdays

Anyone go to Crail for 1/4 mile days. ?

Rs200t lux
Agree with state of track
It's awful with lots of chunks of concrete lying about
A free re spray should be given after
But On the other hand the track layout I got to use was awesome I would recommend it if you don't mind getting peppered of the car in front of you

Dan.G

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Not been as active on here as I used to.
I would avoid Crail for a trackway like the plague!
I did one as my first trackday and it was a joke! As has been said the surface is shite, there was nothing in the way of a brief. What little brief there was was just to tell you to avoid the large tractor tyre that normally separates the drag strips as it's filled with concrete and in the middle of the track!

That along with the fact it was used as a drift day for missile cars, leading to me dodging and exhaust bouncing down the track. Only for a Marshall rather than black flag him just gave him his exhaust and carry on!
I wouldn't go back just pay the extra for knockhill better track and far better run with fewer chavs.

Last edited: