ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cquartz finest

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I've sent him a text mate let him know to look out for it.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
No problem dude. He says he's got it now and will reply asap.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Don't understand the swirls though.

do you have any? What'sWhat's your wash procedure?

There are some. But I didn't have a full Correction (Not sure if you did?) I only had a single stage enhancement, so it was more of a 90% Correction I guess? Sure Chris will be on to set me straight soon!

​I probably created a few too lol :eek:

I generally pre rinse with a gentle hose
Citrus Power/VP Citrus pre wash non diluted
Spray off
Snow foam
Spray off
Foam again and go round badged etc with a brush
Spray off
Then a very liberal spray of citrus thats diluted down just to lubricate the car all over before I 2 bucket was with 2 wash mits
spray off
open end hose off
pat dry

Wheels are all done first but thats not what this is after.

I tend to overkill on the pre wash to get a basically clean car without touching it. F'king expensive though. Gets washed 1 or 2 times a week generally.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Really don't understand where m going wrong. Spent a fair whack on this and its been rather disappointing.

Ive done cars for the boys in work where I've just put some reload on them and they're still in better shape than mine water behaviour wise.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I've no idea on this but could it be a reaction with the paint? Are there any other new focus st's with finest applied, if so check the results on them out and see if they are having any problems?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I did think of that but I don't think russ has put finest on a new st, think he's done cquartz uk though so I can't see there being much difference.

according to Andy and best he could make out from my video is the coating is still there but it's not working properly. Either because its got surfactants stuck to the top or its not bonded to the paint.

im hoping its not bonded and I get it reapplied tbh as I'm not happy that there's swirls starting to show, even if it is through me applying reload, I shouldn't be doing that in the first place as the finest is supposed to be doing the job.

Will see what happens when I fairy wash and eraser it in a few days time but its certainly put me off having it done to any other car I get.

the whole reason I went for it was to protect the car properly, reducing the risk of inflicting swirls, water repelling and the look of it.

If its not protecting the car, not really reducing the risk of swirls and not repelling water as it should what exactly did I pay for? At the moment it looks like I just paid for the looks the day it was applied.

what do you mean Chris?

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
I did think of that but I don't think russ has put finest on a new st, think he's done cquartz uk though so I can't see there being much difference. according to Andy and best he could make out from my video is the coating is still there but it's not working properly. Either because its got surfactants stuck to the top or its not bonded to the paint. im hoping its not bonded and I get it reapplied tbh as I'm not happy that there's swirls starting to show, even if it is through me applying reload, I shouldn't be doing that in the first place as the finest is supposed to be doing the job. Will see what happens when I fairy wash and eraser it in a few days time but its certainly put me off having it done to any other car I get. the whole reason I went for it was to protect the car properly, reducing the risk of inflicting swirls, water repelling and the look of it. If its not protecting the car, not really reducing the risk of swirls and not repelling water as it should what exactly did I pay for? At the moment it looks like I just paid for the looks the day it was applied. what do you mean Chris?

this Jaff, bit of a nightmare but try not to get disheartened. Like I said earlier it we be sorted, probably by re-application. Im sure Russ will polish out the swirls you have too. The C.quartz sealants are all fantastic and hopefully next time you won't be dissapointed ! Just a note, the sealant won't eliminate you creating swirls, it will give you a fair bit more protection than say a wax. I hope it can get sorted out soon mate!
​Chris

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Ahh right, well I don't want to be disappointed by it lol, but I did pick this one specifically because of the rapore it has and how everyone was going on about it.

Re swirls: I don't expect it to be completely impenetrable but the swirls I have now (2 months old cquartz on it) are akin to a car that's a year old. My wash technique is good IMO, my drying is even pretty good too, to limit swirls. Applying reload would probably be the issue but like I said, if the coating was doing its job then I wouldn't have had to apply reload. So I don't think I'm being unreasonable when you consider car pro actually advertise the weaker solution (cquartz uk) by dragging a screwdriver over the paint with little marks made at all.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Its raining tonight so thought i would take some pictures on the water behaviour on a dirty car for you to compare with. Mine hasnt been washed in over a week, and has driven to css and back so long journeys!

5asaqu2a.jpg

Drivers rear 1/4

And the only part that I would say I expected better from is the roof:

e3y5e5es.jpg

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
That looks similar to what I get on a clean car. But I also have pools of water as if there are no protections on there

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Guys, Stripping with apc or fairy liquid, you will remove the contaminants and the reload thus the beading may not be as good. You need to top the reload back up. The ceramic coat is still their, but the reload gives you the beading/sheeting . Ry you said earlier you stripped it, get the reload on! I find the roof and bonnet suffers the most with airborne contaminants, which in turn clogs the pours o the paint and reduces beading. After a wash, normally when drying I can see sort of water marks on the paint, this is when I start to think about a giving it a strip. I hardly ever get to wash my car so it makes matters worse!

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
You shouldn't have to top it with reload though? They're advertising it as a pucker sealant, can't be that good if you have to cover it every 4 months

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Haven't washed it since I stripped it and ipa'd it. I'm afraid too tbh. Coating seems far too fussy, no reload or anything on it now.

just after I washed it it seemed to be sheeting well but not really beading and we've not really had any rain

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Haven't washed it since I stripped it and ipa'd it. I'm afraid too tbh. Coating seems far too fussy, no reload or anything on it now.

just after I washed it it seemed to be sheeting well but not really beading and we've not really had any rain

Fair doo's, fingers crossed after a wash all will be well! Must say my cars not much of a beader either

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Meh, I've lost interest a bit now tbh, like I said it seems way too fussy for a coating I chose for its ease of maintenance along with length of protection.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I had been reconsidering using a nano sealant on paint this weekend, but after seeing this thread again and all the hassle of prep and maintenance I'll stick to a durable wax or sealant

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
I had been reconsidering using a nano sealant on paint this weekend, but after seeing this thread again and all the hassle of prep and maintenance I'll stick to a durable wax or sealant

Don't let this put you off. Im very happy with my car and the CQuartz Finest. Mine must have bonded better than Jaff's.

I cant comment on the prep as I paid a Professional to apply it for me, but its 100% worth it if you don't want to be re-waxing every 3 - 6 months. It looks freshly re-done each time I wash mine! Amazing stuff when it's right.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
It's all the hassle of prep and application to the body, as I have no cover or garage.

I won't use anything else on wheels and bits like that, and starting to coat the motorbike in the shed, but the latest incarnation of these sealants all seem to need a top up with the likes of reload and C1.5 so the base layer only adds scratch resistance

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Funnily enough I seen a car with CQUK on it the other night. Wow that s**t sheets water quickly! Ease of use is fantastic also.

Just a note. Lets get down to it, the Finest has failed due to application issue or something. Please don't judge the coating.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Funnily enough I seen a car with CQUK on it the other night. Wow that s**t sheets water quickly! Ease of use is fantastic also.

Just a note. Lets get down to it, the Finest has failed due to application issue or something. Please don't judge the coating.

Indeed, my car almost self dries now! Pretty confident I could dry it with half a two or three microfibres if I really wanted too.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member

Well what would you suggest I do?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Get it re-applied or request normal Cquartz or CQUK.

You have warranty for a reason. Use it.

Not a 320d

Its good stuff. Got in on mine. Had some small problems with application but it was good enough.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
It would cost me £70 in fuel just to get to mcc. Not willing to pay that to have a coating that I have no faith in reapplied.

How do I go about claiming warranty? Andy has even mentioned coming down here for a look and that's a fair old trip.

​and I still don't even know if its in my head.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Andy could send someone down. Fact is Russ mentioned on here he would come re-apply it if he had to.

Personally that's the route I would take. Although Craig at Dynamic Detailing offered to come down to fix fix it!

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Who's Craig? Apologies I don't remember him if I have dealt with him.

russ is incredibly busy, it doesn't take a genius to see that, just a look at his Facebook page and its a give away and I'd feel really bad putting him out coming all the way down here to fix something that I don't have enough knowledge about to be able to give a specific diagnosis. I fear he'd come all the way down here say there's naff all wrong with it and charge me for his time. Remember all I'm going off is a hype generated before application and a few YouTube videos of how it should perform. I could be expecting way to much of it.

besides, I just don't have the time at the moment. Car isn't on the drive long enough to have the work carried out

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I don't really give a flying monkey how busy he is. He's an accredited CarPro detailer who gave you warranty for something he sold you.

Again i'm not saying it's an application issue but it's not working.

What I still don't get is after applying reload you were still left unimpressed. Reload is one of the best spray sealants ever made and the water behaviour is mental. So if you're having issues after applying reload something is wrong.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
The reload was the only thing that I liked about it tbh, is it resistant to fairy liquid though?

im really impressed with reload actually, I put it over AG HD wax on a mates Toyota and the water behaviour on that car made my car look really poor.

the whole thing is really making me doubt myself tbh, like I said I'm too scared to wash it, don't know what to use, don't know how to use it its easier if its just left dirty. A fairy liquid wash and 2 eraser wipedowns made a slight difference, but its still not up to the performance of those I've seen on YouTube.

The only thing I can think that went wrong was I was driving the 150 miles home within an hour of having the finest applied without any reload on top of it. So unless that had an effect on its performance I don't know what did.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I thought I read somewhere the coating shouldn't be in the elements for a good 24hrs after application?

150 miles an hour after any coating has been applied isn't going to do it any favours in my opinion.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
I thought I read somewhere the coating shouldn't be in the elements for a good 24hrs after application?

150 miles an hour after any coating has been applied isn't going to do it any favours in my opinion.

This ^^ Mine was applied and ready, then left in Detail Chris's heated garage for 24 hours, maybe a little more. Then I was told I couldnt wash it for either a week or 10 days, cant remember that bit.