ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cquartz finest

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Is it just me or is this "beading" dissapointing for a cquartz finest coating?
image_zpsbdf05042.jpg

image_zpsebeb9a70.jpg

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not sure, hence I'm asking in this thread lol. I was under the impression it was also a sealant as well as extra on top of the clear coat.

​doesnt need wax or anything making me think it should be beading better...?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Last washed about 4 days ago. Its a bit dirty but only on the sides behind the wheels. Not the bonnet or the roof as I've pictured

yes applied by a professional only

Golf GT & A4 Avant
This week our cars have had a really fine dust, has killed beading until it rained today and washed it all off and was fine

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah keep an eye on it. Also can get contaminated by something in the air, overspray etc, airbourne contaminants.

Could be a few things. But no, that's not how finest looks.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Or is it a car pro issue?

trouble is russ is too far away to do anything about it. Plus he's always really busy so I've only contacted him on Facebook so he can reply in his own time but I've had no reply regarding my stonechip issue yet

Golf GT & A4 Avant
How long since the coating was applied? I've read that they can get gummed up as such and can benefit from a good APC wash and light clay or decontamination

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Like I say the best person to speak to is someone that has applied it over and over again. Try ringing Russ, I know he's busy but at the end of the day he's provided a service and your not happy at the moment (may change after washing).

id suggest washing it seeing if your happy with it and if not ring Russ and speak to him about it, failing that post in carpros section of detailing world (not checked so you may already have done) and someone will give you better advice.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I've already posted on dw about the stonechips, if after I've washed it I still have this issue ill mention it in there too.

​theyl probably tell me to get hold of russ anyway so I will ring him too

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Hi mate.
Not allowed to say who I am lol or the scary admin people will come knocking again ;) however I know about CarPro finest ;) anyway can I ask when Finest was applied, wasn't long ago was it?

Finest is a ceramic sealant coating. The coating needs to be kept very clean to keep up its beading appearance. Also remember sealants dont bead like wax, they sheet water.
Although it isn't beading, this isn't a indication the sealant is not their. Finest will last two years minimum if applied correctly (which if Russ done it it will be) and maintained correctly.
so onto maintenance, Normal washing routine should be, jet blast, pre-wash cleaner/snow foam (if tou have it)then two bucket wash with a pure shampoo and lambs wool mitt. what this means is not with gloss enhancers, carnuba etc etc. simply dry and do not add any qd or similar. Adding wax, qd, gloss enhancing shampoos massively effects the water behaviour.

next time you wash it and give it it's final rinse, observe its water behaviour. Use an open ended hose. The water should bead in places but mainly 'sheet' of the panel to leave it near dry.

If it doesnt There is two things you can do here. Firstly as mentioned it needs to be free of contaminants. Every so often give it a fairy liquid wash. I know this goes against all what detailing tells you but it will clean the sealant of nasties. This would normally remove waxes or normal sealants but finest is alot tougher!

Secondly I would massively encourage you to buy CarPro reload. It is the top up for all their sealants and is superb. This will bring back all the beading and sheeting and further protect the coating. It will also look the shizle ;)
Being that your colour is performance blue or whatever ford call it now, you may need to dilute reload slightly with de-ionised water. It can sometime be a little smeary/cloudy on darks.

to use, once washed, dry the ST and spray once per panel ish in a long sweeping movement. Sometimes you may need a little more dependant on size. A little is all you need. Using a new/soft MF towel spread it around untill it disappears. Job done!
Finest is defo the future and out of all the sealants, nano ceramics and waxes I have used it is the best!

let us know how you get on
Chris

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Hi mate. Not allowed to say who I am lol or the scary admin people will come knocking again ;) however I know about CarPro finest ;) anyway can I ask when Finest was applied, wasn't long ago was it? Finest is a ceramic sealant coating. The coating needs to be kept very clean to keep up its beading appearance. Also remember sealants dont bead like wax, they sheet water. Although it isn't beading, this isn't a indication the sealant is not their. Finest will last two years minimum if applied correctly (which if Russ done it it will be) and maintained correctly. so onto maintenance, Normal washing routine should be, jet blast, pre-wash cleaner/snow foam (if tou have it)then two bucket wash with a pure shampoo and lambs wool mitt. what this means is not with gloss enhancers, carnuba etc etc. simply dry and do not add any qd or similar. Adding wax, qd, gloss enhancing shampoos massively effects the water behaviour. next time you wash it and give it it's final rinse, observe its water behaviour. Use an open ended hose. The water should bead in places but mainly 'sheet' of the panel to leave it near dry. If it doesnt There is two things you can do here. Firstly as mentioned it needs to be free of contaminants. Every so often give it a fairy liquid wash. I know this goes against all what detailing tells you but it will clean the sealant of nasties. This would normally remove waxes or normal sealants but finest is alot tougher! Secondly I would massively encourage you to buy CarPro reload. It is the top up for all their sealants and is superb. This will bring back all the beading and sheeting and further protect the coating. It will also look the shizle ;) Being that your colour is performance blue or whatever ford call it now, you may need to dilute reload slightly with de-ionised water. It can sometime be a little smeary/cloudy on darks. to use, once washed, dry the ST and spray once per panel ish in a long sweeping movement. Sometimes you may need a little more dependant on size. A little is all you need. Using a new/soft MF towel spread it around untill it disappears. Job done! Finest is defo the future and out of all the sealants, nano ceramics and waxes I have used it is the best! let us know how you get on Chris

Im taking note of all of this as well!

FYI Chris runs DetailMe in Essex, he just corrected and CQuartzed my 200, picked it up tonight. Looks amazing, would really recommend it/him.

Knows his stuff mechanically too.

Disclaimer: I do not work for DetailMe, just a happy customer.

Last edited:

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for the replies. My wash process has been snow foam with magifoam (I realise I've been putting it on too heavy though) after a rinse. Then 2 bucket method with grit guards 2 microfibres washmitts using megs gold class shampoo. Then rinse it off and use my plush towel to dry it off.

the plan now I have reload is to use that after washing and before drying on my next wash but I might leave it this time just to see what the difference is.

the coating was only put on on the 27th chris.

Chris what would you do with stone chips? My idea was to fill them in, sand them down, polish them up and then cover it with reload. Does this sound ok?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lols. Thanks for posting Chris and also Dave was right with his gumming comment.

Reload will blow you away but the fact is the coating isn't performing at the moment.

Hopefully easily fixable. The coating is still there though.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Better not be, I ummed and arrred about buying it on the 3 for 2 in halfords. Only went for it because I hadn't tried it before. Always stuck with autoglym shampoo

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I've only used it once anyway, can't have done that much damage to the coating in one wash?

Abarth 500
Wow, that's a shocker. If it was only applied on the 27th I would say there has been a problem and for whatever reason it has not bonded to the paintwork (this is purely my opinion from seeing that one pic, so it's not a fact). I am CarPro approved and applied this coating to a couple of BMW's very recently. The surface has to be impeccably clean beforehand and once the coating is applied the car stored indoors away from the elements for 24hrs. The last thing I do before releasing the car is wipe it down with Reload. Reload can be applied every 3-4 months during routine washing. But even without this spray sealant the Finest should be performing better than that in it's own right.

Who applied it mate? Where in the country are you?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I very much doubt it

you could always lightly snowfoam after washing prior to rinsing to remove anything left behind by the shampoo

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Russ at midland car care applied it and I traveled up from Swansea, South Wales to have it done so I'm hoping there's nothing wrong with it.

the car was left for an hour after the application then I drove home. It didnt really see rain for about 6 days after and I didn't wash it for about 10 days after. Then all I did was rinse, snow foam and rinse to get rid of the standing dirt near the wheel arches

Abarth 500
Hmm.. strange one. If it got wet straight after you would simply end up with water spotting rather than failure anyway. Well, Russ knows what he is doing so doubt there has been an application problem - he will ask you to take it back to him for a proper diagnosis. It's easy for us to sit looking at a screen and say it is this or that. Russ has sample shots of this coating beading like crazy, as do I of the UK version (basically a weakened version), it definately beads rather than sheets... and your images show no beading :(

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Well a 300 mile round trip is a bit of a kick in the b****cks if it is a fault with the coating

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
When you had the pw on the car Jaff was the water running off at a mental rate?

Don't confuse people sayinh sealants don't bead. They do very well but wax brings a uniform tight set of beading.

Sealants don't leave much water on the paintwork to bead.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
It does sheet off yeah, but after seeing a picture russ put up of a pw on a white tt he done a few weeks before mine it doesn't look very similar.

Abarth 500
Sometimes these things happen, and often without reason. I had a GTR booked in for an original CQuartz detail the other week, I had to change the LSP to Crystal Rock because the paintwork simply would not accept the quartz coating. The client didn't have to make any extra journies though, I recognised the problem and adapted straight away before he came to collect. But the point is, these things can happen unfortunately and in your case the problem seems to have developed afterwards / gone unnoticed until water has been present. I've alerted Russ of this thread btw, he is a friend.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah that's fine, I don't want anything bad said about russ, he was very accommodating and a nice guy. This is by no means slating him.

i just wanted clarification. Either the product is not up to much or I was expecting too much from it

Megane R26
Yeah that's fine, I don't want anything bad said about russ, he was very accommodating and a nice guy. This is by no means slating him.

i just wanted clarification. Either the product is not up to much or I was expecting too much from it

Sorry for the delayed reply. If the coating has failed ill come down to you and reapply for you free of charge. This is very unusual and not an issue I've seen before. As said it looks like tree sap possibly? Either way ill sort it for you.

Regarding stone chips, sanding will certainly remove the coating so it will need to be reapplied over the area. Ill send you some for this.

Thanks,
Russ.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks russ I appreciate it. I will wash it tomorrow and take some pictures to see what happens. Last thing I want to do is put you out for a day

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for posting Russ.

You're not expecting too much from the product Jaff. I wouldn't have waxed lyrical about it if it wouldn't impress.

Megane R26
Honestly its no problem at all, I want it to live up to your expectations and I'm not comfortable with a car being out there not protected as it should be and an unhappy customer. We've done a few cars with Finest recently and seen them all back and all are performing as they should be so I can only apologise if its an issue with the coating. If needs be we'll look at another option and ill refund the difference to you too.