ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cquartz finest

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Done that few months ago, (see my last posts in this thread for a rough date) been topping with reload every now and then since that.

by doing a fairy wash won't I be taking any reload that's on there off?

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Done that few months ago, (see my last posts in this thread for a rough date) been topping with reload every now and then since that.

I assume not, but I cant guarrenty! Best wait for someone else on that one.

If this helps, which im sure it wont, but I got my CQuartz Finest done back at the start of May, and have not had to use any of my reload yet. Smply doesnt need it.

I will probably apply some for the first time after my Bedford track day, as it will need a good scrubb after that im sure.

Yes Fairy liquid will remove Reload or at least diminish it.

Finest is a very strong sealant and very little will touch it, let alone remove it. Definitely not magifoam or Lather.

Get on to Russ and see what he suggests as it sounds to me like it needs re-applying.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Russ is always busy, he was supposed to send me some stuff and that never happened so he must be flat out.

Plus I don't see what he is expected to do, I'm 150 miles away from him.

So, I'm trying to fix it myself if I can because it could well be something I'm doing wrong, but I can't really see what I can f**k up by cleaning a car. But I'm more than Willing to learn

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Russ is always busy, he was supposed to send me some stuff and that never happened so he must be flat out.

Plus I don't see what he is expected to do, I'm 150 miles away from him.

So, I'm trying to fix it myself if I can because it could well be something I'm doing wrong, but I can't really see what I can f**k up by cleaning a car. But I'm more than Willing to learn

If you cleaned it with a sponge, 1 bucket of dirty water and dried with a chamois leather, it wouldnt do it any favours, but the coating should be effectibe still. Sounds broke.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
If this helps, which im sure it wont, but I got my CQuartz Finest done back at the start of May, and have not had to use any of my reload yet. Smply doesnt need it.

Jaff this is the facts. If it's not working. Which is hard to tell as you now have reload over it then you get it re-applied. It comes with warranty for that reason.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Jaff this is the facts. If it's not working. Which is hard to tell as you now have reload over it then you get it re-applied. It comes with warranty for that reason.

Indeed, 2 Year warranty for cases like this. Bit far to travel back though Unfortunatley!

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Ok so I'll do a fairy liquid wash next week and take pictures of the water behaviour then ill let the experts decide what's going on.

What exactly should be happening? Can someone explain to me please?

​If its all in my head us rather not have the hassle

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Ok so I'll do a fairy liquid wash next week and take pictures of the water behaviour then ill let the experts decide what's going on.

What exactly should be happening? Can someone explain to me please?

​If its all in my head us rather not have the hassle

Well, from experience with my 200. You wont get uniform beading like a wax, they're all different shapes and sizes.

Also, when I open end hose the car down at the end, it leaves the panels basically dry. Sheets straight off.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Well, from experience with my 200. You wont get uniform beading like a wax, they're all different shapes and sizes.

Also, when I open end hose the car down at the end, it leaves the panels basically dry. Sheets straight off.

i get that with reload applied. I washed it earlier and It was barely "beading" and the lower panels were still wet

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
i get that with reload applied. I washed it earlier and It was barely "beading" and the lower panels were still wet

The only area that stays 'wet' on mine is the roof, and thats only marginal. Mines doing this with 2 month old CQ on its own with no help, only seen fairy liquid once, and that was mid May.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Hmmm my old C1 was still doing it's s**t 12 months after application.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
the second video is the sort of thing I get with reload, ill try a hose on it later and see what its like.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
f**k sakes!

​No idea how to host a video then as my photo bucket is beyond my bandwidth lol

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Could you do me a huge solid and get it on here so more can see it please?

At least then I can get a wide range of opinions.

i appreciate your input too btw

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Comes up with this for me:

ysazabuj.jpg

Last edited:

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
So people can see my first link then? Because when I click on it I get a bandwidth error.

ry I don't think image shack works on iPad as its the same for me

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
So people can see my first link then? Because when I click on it I get a bandwidth error.

ry I don't think image shack works on iPad as its the same for me

First link comes up with a blue box with a ? In it for me! And I don't generally have much luck with video's on iPad :(

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
James price, add me and I'll upload it on there :p

gally, I tried, iPhone is being a twunt though and it wouldn't upload. Sorry.

​can you see it though?, I'd appreciate your input

​There are 3 of you, so I added them all. 2 are probably like 'wtf' about now.. Haha

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Flol should be interesting!

still not had a request but shall wait for it to come through

from Swansea LOL

cant find you. f**king iPad! Sod it i don't want to be your friend, you'll have to wait ha!

DB.

BMW 440i
Cquartz - Ceramic Paint Protection KitCQZKit1£36.95

I have this, unused in my garage and have no intention on using it so would rather sell it. Just got the above line from my previous orders on Clean Your Car.

I'm fairly sure its what is in this link, without the red reload spray as that didn't come with it when I bought it last September. All I have done is open the top of it (The packaging containing all of the things, not an actual product).

​Could provide a pic with it tomorrow if anyone fancies making an offer for it.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Cquartz - Ceramic Paint Protection KitCQZKit1£36.95

I have this, unused in my garage and have no intention on using it so would rather sell it. Just got the above line from my previous orders on Clean Your Car.

I'm fairly sure its what is in this link, without the red reload spray as that didn't come with it when I bought it last September. All I have done is open the top of it (The packaging containing all of the things, not an actual product).

​Could provide a pic with it tomorrow if anyone fancies making an offer for it.

​Think this is different to CQuartz Finest, Finest can only be bout by an 'autherised' details thats had training I believe. Still a great coating to have on, you should use it!!

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Flol should be interesting!

still not had a request but shall wait for it to come through

from Swansea LOL

cant find you. f**king iPad! Sod it i don't want to be your friend, you'll have to wait ha!

To be fair, I have just made 3 new friends. Theres not enough room for another. So.. Nerr!

DB.

BMW 440i
​Think this is different to CQuartz Finest, Finest can only be bout by an 'autherised' details thats had training I believe. Still a great coating to have on, you should use it!!

Ah ok, didn't read the title of the thread properly clearly. I may well use it in a couple of months if no-one shows an interest, although I have always been more than satisfied with current wax rather than a sealant etc but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to give it a shot.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Ah ok, didn't read the title of the thread properly clearly. I may well use it in a couple of months if no-one shows an interest, although I have always been more than satisfied with current wax rather than a sealant etc but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to give it a shot.

​You can wax over a sealant if you want the 'just waxed' look, just seems a bit of a waste of time and effort lol