ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cquartz finest

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
All I was aware of was not washing it for 7-10 days after. And don't let it get wet within 24 hours. I stuck to that

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
How soon can/should Reload be applied after Finest?

Did I read somewhere that not only does it give a glossier finish but it also assists with the week-long curing time so can be done immediately?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I was under the impression an hour after finest was applied. Put reload on and it acts as a sacrificial barrier for the finest to cure

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
I was under the impression an hour after finest was applied. Put reload on and it acts as a sacrificial barrier for the finest to cure

I know after talking with Chris (sure he will be on to confirm) he applied my finest and had 1 or 2 wipe downs with Reload before I collected. Unsure if straight after or just before I arrived, but I know it was reload.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
So it's been about 6-7 months now and I've come to the conclusion that I won't be using this again.

Its far far far too fussy a coating, requiring too much maintenance beyond what you seem to get from others.

It it also seems I may have been wrong about the swirling on the car, and the coating is actually doing its job in this respect. It almost certainly has something to do with my good wash procedure though.

Its a shame really as everything else I've used from car pro has been very good.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
So it's been about 6-7 months now and I've come to the conclusion that I won't be using this again.

Its far far far too fussy a coating, requiring too much maintenance beyond what you seem to get from others.

It it also seems I may have been wrong about the swirling on the car, and the coating is actually doing its job in this respect. It almost certainly has something to do with my good wash procedure though.

Its a shame really as everything else I've used from car pro has been very good.

Sorry it didnt work out for you fella. Sounds like you were on the wrong end of a duff batch, Im still over the moon with my coating. I find it does get gummed up easily, have to strip it down with APC to get the best rest results.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
That's exactly my point. It's sold (or was to me at least) as one of the best coatings on the market with 2 years warranty etc. leads you to believe its a sort of plug and play coating I.e apply it and forget about it.

And to to be fair it does do a good job of stopping so many swirls (but like I said I'm pretty good with my technique) it's relatively easy to keep clean (I can snow foam mine and it will look clean to joe blogs) and it did get it really glossy when it was first applied.

But the water behaviour is rubbish (on mine) it requires reload top ups, and it gets gummed up really quickly. To keep my coating as clean as others I've seen I'd spend an absolute fortune on eraser and be wiping it down every week. It's like I said way too fussy.

of course this is all my opinion based in my experience, I can accept others opinion that it's a great product but from my experience it simply isn't, which is a shame.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
So. Just searching DW for advice on snowfoams and I stumble across a comment

i wouldn't use magifoam on a ceramic coating such as cquartz...

thats exactly what I have been doing...

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
So. Just searching DW for advice on snowfoams and I stumble across a comment

i wouldn't use magifoam on a ceramic coating such as cquartz...

thats exactly what I have been doing...

From my understanding anything highly acidic (obviously) or anything that is high in Alkaline could damage a coating like CQ. I think (from my reliable source @Yellow Dave ) that Citrus power is high in Alkaline, may be worth checking Magifoam too.

Jus tot put this out there though, I use CP and occasionally Avalanche and have no issues with my coating

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Magifoam is apparently high in alkaline.

just adds to my opinion that this coating is too fussy tbh. Suprised carport don't have a select amount of products made specifically to use with a cquartz coating

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Magifoam is apparently high in alkaline.

just adds to my opinion that this coating is too fussy tbh. Suprised carport don't have a select amount of products made specifically to use with a cquartz coating

This surprised me too. I think with the way they market CQ Finest, if they had a specific Pre-Wash and Shampoo, along with reload in a package deal or something they could be onto a winner.

I still use CP, not noticed anything massively bad with mine. Beading isn't uniform though, and I am considering waxing over the top for winter, or using a different sealant. But not sure if they would bond/ruin it.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, maybe I should mention it on DW lol.

ive given up with mine now though, it doesn't sheet or bead like it should but it seems to be doing something.
it is a shame it doesn't look as pretty in the rain as wax does :(

Golf GT & A4 Avant
There is more to it though than just the pH level. Some of the pre wash products, like citrus power, are almost as alkaline as some kitchen / oven cleaners. Not likely to start multi using or mixing these types of products. I can't imagine just the pH affecting a glass coating myself.

With sealants like reload and C2, yes they will have an affect long term. Permanon sealants had a big thing saying don't use anything high alkaline so a lot of people refused to use citrus power with it. I used there sealant for 5months and used CP every wash and it didnt have a negative affect.

In theory with a pH rating that CP has, if it were going to do anything it would start stripping simple waxes fairly quickly but it's been confirmed by the likes of polishedbliss that's it's LSP safe so good for me.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Right guys, I need some opinions if possible.

On my 200 (Will try and get pics tomorrow) there are watermarks, all over. These do not go after washing etc. Now, if I didn't have CQ on, I'm certain I'd be able to get rid with a blast with the DA, but this leads me to this question.

How should I do this? Full decon and clay etc to remove the coating completely and start a fresh? Is this the most effective way of removing CQ? I also have a bird dropping etching on my bonnet, thats my fault for leaving a bit too long, but it bugs the hell out of me.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
You used anything different on it recently? Are they all over the car or just localised?

I've heard Hydr02 can leave marks if not fully removed. try a chemical cleanser like prime or rejuvenate first before fully removing, unless you've just had enough of CQ

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
You used anything different on it recently? Are they all over the car or just localised?

I've heard Hydr02 can leave marks if not fully removed. try a chemical cleanser like prime or rejuvenate first before fully removing, unless you've just had enough of CQ

They have been on there a while now, and I'm a little tired of CQ if Im honest :eek: It does get boring! Only reason I was thinking of full removal, is I wasn't sure if something like rejuvenate would just damage the CQ and make it semi un-protected, but still cause bonding issues with waxes.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I can bring over some werkstatt prime, purely chemical cleaner no abrasive so may be worth a try for now. If CQ can resist tarx and ironx I'm sure it would be ok with the mild abrasives of a pre wax cleanser.

Maybe try it on a wing mirror?

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
I can bring over some werkstatt prime, purely chemical cleaner no abrasive so may be worth a try for now. If CQ can resist tarx and ironx I'm sure it would be ok with the mild abrasives of a pre wax cleanser.

Maybe try it on a wing mirror?

Cheers mate, would appreciate it. I have never heard of Werkstatt, will have a google now ad read up! But if you think that may work I'd definitely be up for a trial. Whats the worse that could happen?

Also, I didn't actually know CQ would resist Iron X, thought it may damage it. I do dab on oblitarate every now'n again but generally don't get much if any tar etc. My car is so getting Iron X'd tomorrow! :D

Edit: I have a true cup, plastic wing mirrors haha, Maybe the spoiler or something,think thats the smallestpanel

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
I miss playing with different products :( I should have gone for something less permanent I think

Ry I understand where your coming from. Best product for looks and keeping the looks, however for a enthusiasts who likes to tinker it's not. When you got a family and two businesses to run its a friggin godsend lol

not sure on the water marks, if something like eraser won't clear it , prime would be the first thing that comes to mind. It may effect the coating though. If it's does wipp out the DA and use a polish to fully remove. I've seen test videos from CQ properly abusing finest with a rotary and it was still lasting! I've yet to mechanically remove the coating so can't comment on this yet.

other alternatives is to forget the coating is their and wax over it!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
You don't have to remove it. Quick DA with a cleanser, boom play with as many things as you wish!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah it'll work mate. Fire on your chosen Lsp. The Cquartz will always be there.