ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clunking noise

Evening all..

Just after some pointers. My 182 has started making this clunking noise from what sounds like under car towards the center but could be wrong.

It happens if say i stall the car or if i go over a sudden bump such as mounting the kerb etc but strangely doesn't do it going over speed bumps. Any ideas

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
mine does the same. Sometimes when slow 90° turns as well. Have been under the car, checked pretty much everything and cant find an obvious thing.
everything is tight, its just annoying knowing its there somewhere.
changing up a few things soon so hopefully it goes.

clio 172
Mines all ways done this kinda clunking sound I recon it's the pass side drive shaft . changed most other things .

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
I just replaced the entire wishbones with a set with black powerflex fitted.
Takes a good 2 hours or more per side and is a right pain to do. But not too hard

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
yeah it is annoying. Mine does it when pulling off and turning at the same time and when slowing down to a junction. Its not all the time though, its just sometimes. Does my nut in.
got EML light on again now due to the exhaust blowing in guessing. Still running fine.