ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clunk when on and off the gas!!!

Renaultsport Clio 172
Hi there, hoping some can give me some light.

Last night my car started with a knocking noise, yes another, as if it already hadn't had enough!!! Well, the noise is as follows. If the car is in gear (any from 1 - 5) and release the gas pedal you will hear a clunk/knock form the front of the car (left side), then if you put the foot again the same clunk noise will listen. The same noise also happens if I pull away, then put the car to neutral and go on the brakes, I though this could be box/shafts related, but the car does it in neutral, what could be wrong?

The knock noise isn't load related, no matter if I do smooth or rude, same level of noise in same situations. Car does no grinding/wiring/whining noise at all when cruising at any speed, in/off any gear

Comments?

Renaultsport Clio 172
Do you know if these are expensive? I found what drag links are!

So same happens to you? Just wan to be sure as these drag links are steering items and my issue is if I go in straight line, haven't tried when cornering, but bet will knock as well

Cheers,
Mauricio