ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CSF19 ClioSport Festival 2019 - Book Tickets Now!

ClioSport Festival 2019 - Book Tickets Now!
Posted by Nik
Blyton Park Driving Center, Old Blyton Airfield, Kirton Road, Blyton, Gainsborough. DN21 3PE
Friday, July 5, 2019 - 05:30 PM
Until: Sunday, July 7, 2019 - 02:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

mart.z.s

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi A3 2.0T Quattro
I've just sent you a message separately to explain about this (y)

Thanks Nik.

Tickets and track time purchased. First one in the clio after selling my fiesta ST track car last year. Looking forward to it now.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Legend, I'll sort you out with a few beers in exchange ?

*Edit*
I f**king love this club and how helpful folk are!

No worries at all mate (y) just collar me at some point as ill most likely be doing the rounds talking to everybody haha.

Looking forward to Blyton, its looking like it will be the last trackday for the Kangoo before it goes to the new owner.

Cropper

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Sport 200T
Weekend ticket booked plus a morning track sesh, looking forward to kicking the sh1t out the Meg 4RS and having a few catch up beers
wouldn’t mind a lap or two in yours if it’s going mate. Will repay the favour in mine

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Tried "Insuremytrackday"?
They'll cover any track day in the uk and spa/nurburgring (y)
I can't unfortunately mate otherwise it voids my current insurance policy (the policy covers track days but only certain tracks with certain providers, and officially approved events). I don't want to risk voiding that and/or the extended warranty! Not yet anyway! :p

To be honest, I don't mind. I'm just chuffed I'm finally making it this year and I'm just happy to loiter around, chat, soak up the track action and the social side of things. Perfect. :)

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I can't unfortunately mate otherwise it voids my current insurance policy (the policy covers track days but only certain tracks with certain providers, and officially approved events). I don't want to risk voiding that and/or the extended warranty! Not yet anyway! :p

To be honest, I don't mind. I'm just chuffed I'm finally making it this year and I'm just happy to loiter around, chat, soak up the track action and the social side of things. Perfect. :)
You staying to get completely rat faced in the evening aswell?

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Well that's it, track time is now fully sold out!

Thank you all for your support this year, the take up of track time has been the best we've had since we started CSF :cool:

Sorry to anyone who has missed out. Please still come along to the event and take advantage of our 'CSF Taxi' system to get passenger laps with people, or maybe get signed on as an additional driver for someone else attending? Maybe next year we will make it two days on track! :unsure:

I would like to remind people that track time is not transferrable, the names of the people who booked are given to the organiser and will be cross checked against your driving licence when signing on. Please do not try to pass your session on to a mate as if their names not down, they will not be allowed on track.

alexessex_7

ClioSport Club Member
  250 Cup & BG 182
Any convoys happening? I'm based in Surrey so travelling up either Friday evening or Saturday very early.

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
track time hasn't sold out the past couple years, is it looking to be a busy one this year?
i. cant. fuckin. wait. its so close now! be good to see all the southerners again and set up scotch corner

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
track time hasn't sold out the past couple years, is it looking to be a busy one this year?
i. cant. fuckin. wait. its so close now! be good to see all the southerners again and set up scotch corner

There's definitely a lot of new names booking this year. I think French Car Show not happening has made people try our event out as there's very little else out there for the Clio / Renault scene to attend. There's a good showing from a range of other clubs and facebook groups too.

Even interest from traders wanting to attend has been higher this year, something that's always been a challenge.

Hopefully some of the people attending for the first time will have a great time and become regulars (y)

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
This will be mine and Wayne's 3rd year at Blyton but 1st on track. There's 2 extra names, like Nik said above, with FCS not happening, it may be related to that

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
It might be something to do with the date change as my wife always has something booked on the August bank Holiday.
Anyway...green light was given for this one. It’s ok...I’m not under her thumb!
Can’t wait!!

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
I remember last year it was the same weekend as btcc at knockhill aswell, good to see it busy though! My first year on track was last year (my 4th consecutive year) and ill be getting track time every year from now on, was kinda shiting it last year but everyones great

I remember on the first lap thinkin "i meed to drive this c**t home so lets take it easy" shortly later it was on 2 wheels, wilwoods on fire and eating cones [emoji1787] hopefuly the weathers still good being earlier, never seen a wet day yet [emoji1696]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
We've all done that, 2 years ago I spent the morning filing brake pads down to fit in the calipers, tbh I don't even like fitting track tyres but I can't drive from Cov on semi slicks and risk a puncture, which is a shame because i'm really f*cking lazy and would like to just show up and drive.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
We've all done that, 2 years ago I spent the morning filing brake pads down to fit in the calipers, tbh I don't even like fitting track tyres but I can't drive from Cov on semi slicks and risk a puncture, which is a shame because i'm really f*cking lazy and would like to just show up and drive.

You forgetting last years mission?!
Dan under his car, you under yours....me sat laughing at the pair of you as you got f**k all done :ROFLMAO:

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Can’t wait for this event! I’ve owned Clio sports on and off for years but this is my first visit to CSF, my first track day, and the car’s first track day.

I have a feeling it’ll be a regular event for me now on though
Same here mate, kinda shitting it for the track time? Partly because I dont want the blue gimp to blow up and partly because I dont know how slow or quick I can drive.

I was thinking of a magnetic L plate tbh??

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Same here mate, kinda shitting it for the track time? Partly because I dont want the blue gimp to blow up and partly because I dont know how slow or quick I can drive.

not needed man everyone's courteous enough, its not like a random hot hatch day at the track full of yannies, i was worried about all that last year too, until the instant i got on track ?

You can normally get novice stickers from the sign on desk. Everyone will give you a bit more room then whilst you're learning the track.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
You can normally get novice stickers from the sign on desk. Everyone will give you a bit more room then whilst you're learning the track.
Still got mine in to put people off from getting too close, lolz. I need to get home in mine

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
not needed man everyone's courteous enough, its not like a random hot hatch day at the track full of yannies, i was worried about all that last year too, until the instant i got on track ?
S'alright then, I know majority of track rules just from past passenger laps so at least I've got some knowledge down

Sweet, I'll be getting one of them then?

No need to be sh*tting it... that's the beauty of CSF. Pace doesn't matter, experience doesn't matter. Just turn up and enjoy it. As long as you're respectful of others then all is good [emoji106][emoji16]

I just dont like to get in folks' way? I'll appear to be going slow anyway due to the fact that the car has the fine job of lugging my fat arse round track?

Haha me too tbh! I've put a lot of work into getting my 172 running sweetly so I would literally cry if it went bang on track. The only track times I've done before were in Ferrari 360 Modenas so quite a bit different lol.

At least I'm not the only noob out there ?

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
As Sharky said, don't worry. We were all track noobs at some point, and you won't be the only first timers there that weekend. Everyone is courteous, as long as you remember to get out of the way of the faster guys t the straights you'll be fine.