ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cliosport App

Mental 172 Cup
Would it be possible?

Would it be worth it??

Push notifications for subscribed topics and pm's etc!

Surely there is someone on here that could do it!!

Sorry if it's a repost :/

As said TapaTalk does it all.

Can't see an app being worth it for the amount of users that would download it.

Mental 172 Cup
Haha will I was busy doing stuff and just haven't managed to hit the sack yet!! ;)

I downloaded tapa talk yesterday but find that a load of crap!

How much does it cost to create an app??

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Haha will I was busy doing stuff and just haven't managed to hit the sack yet!! ;)

I downloaded tapa talk yesterday but find that a load of crap!

How much does it cost to create an app??

It costs nothing to develop an app, you just need a mac and a developer account.

It costs £59/year if you want to run the app on real hardware and make it available through the iTunes store.

This is not a trivial application, it requires adding a whole load of stuff into vBulletin (as TapaTalk have done).

Push notifications would all have to go through a TapaTalk server as only that server would have the necessary keys and authorisation to push to the apple servers, I assume TapaTalk haven't done this because given the amount of forums that use it, they'd use a hell of a lot of processing time and bandwidth sending out the notifications.

TapaTalk is far from perfect and it crashes a lot (although it's getting better in that respect) but it does offer a much better viewing experience on the iPhone than mobile safari.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Tapatalk considered building forum specific apps but i think they decided not to.

1.8 Civic EX
just use your forum settings. Get an e-mail for your subscribed threads, pick e-mail up on phone, click link in e-mail to view thread.

I much prefer viewing CS in Safari on the phone than using TapaTalk tbh

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Tapatalk is brilliant, just use that, then set a bookmark to the forum from your Springboard.

Et voila, CS app.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Press the plus button in safari and hit add to homescreen, wait a couple of seconds and press done.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Tapatalk constantly crashes and is slow, i used to use safari but since the forum changed it doesn't view aswell :(

Tapatalk will eventually sort it out though, i hope...

A silver one
Tapatalk constantly crashes and is slow, i used to use safari but since the forum changed it doesn't view aswell :(

I have trouble with the 'Quick Navigation' bar at the bottom of the screen.

It pops up when I click on it, but I can't scroll up or down.

Is there a way around this?

Cupra
I have trouble with the 'Quick Navigation' bar at the bottom of the screen.

It pops up when I click on it, but I can't scroll up or down.

Is there a way around this?

Use two fingers to scroll. Still not as handy as the old one but it works.

Formally Clio 182
An 'iPhone theme' for this forum would be ideal compared to tapatalk because as you said when you click 'Add to home screen' and you get the nice icon it's only going to display the forum in a PC theme/layout.