ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio's gone

Golf
After 2 1/2 years of ownership the day has come for me 172 to go, other than a faulty battery when I bought the car and the exhaust needing to be replaced its been faultless. Loved owning it and I don't think iv'e ever been bored or sick of having it. Its only going because I needed something a bit bigger and I'm going to save money on me insurance with its replacement. Is it wrong to feel so gutted just over getting rid of a car :(

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Level of your 'gutted-ness' depends on its replacement.

I may be wrong, but picking up on your manner, I think replacement is a little different.....

Golf
Yeah its just a MK5 Golf, don't get me wrong its a lovely car to drive much more comfy and quiet than the Clio, I'm getting better mpg and its got the extra room I wanted but its no where near as fun to drive. I've went for a GT 2.0FSI so its still got 150Bhp so its got a bit of grunt but obviously weighs more.

End of the day I've done the sensible thing, going to be a dad in a few month so that's the main reason for the change but I'll admit if we weren't going to be having a baby I wouldn't be selling it. Guess after a few weeks I'll be ok lol

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Nice motors the golfs mate. Done it for the right reasons as well, so fair play.

Wifey's got a MKIV 1.8t with a remap, 5dr that we use for days out and the like. Is really smooth and quiet even at motorway speeds.

Clio 1970000000
aaaaah the baby excuse ;). You could have gone for a 197. Plenty of room for the baby and all the extra's. You can turn the airbag off and all the seats have isofix.

Golf
Had to get it on finance and looking at dealer prices the 197 was more than what I wanted to pay. By getting the golf everything is a bit cheaper than what I had been paying for me Clio :)

Hyundai i40
aaaaah the baby excuse ;). You could have gone for a 197. Plenty of room for the baby and all the extra's. You can turn the airbag off and all the seats have isofix.

plenty of space in a 172 too :)

nice upgrade (maybe) tho

Sometimes you just gotta do it

Clio 1970000000
Had to get it on finance and looking at dealer prices the 197 was more than what I wanted to pay. By getting the golf everything is a bit cheaper than what I had been paying for me Clio :)

Fair enough, I am only rubbing salt into the wound :rasp:. I had a VW Bora for a few years until I bought my 197. Have 2 kids and the Bora was perfect for the job. Was a very relaxing, pleasant drive too.

Kids can get in the car on their own now.