ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio wont start

2003 172
hey
somtimes when i turn the key the engine wont start, it dont even make a noise. but after trying about 5-6 times it works again, mainly only happens when the car hasnt been used for about 4-5 hours. ive been tlking to couzens about it and he thinks it could be the starter motor? if it is how much would it cost for a new one??
thanks

Mental 172 Cup
when u turn the ignition on the red light should come on for bout 5secs n then go out!

if it flashes that indicates immobilser not accepting key!

Mondeo TDCI 130
It will still turn over with an renault immob, just wont fire! Probably a starter motor fault!

clio 16v
hi,
I have a clio mark 1 18 16v 1992 and i have problems with it starting when cold or hot very bad when hot car will run fine and drive fine but if you leave it sitting for a couple of minutes it starts coughing and spluttering and you cant use the throttle and just cuts out , but one thing is the ECU in it has a super chip in and i am after another ECU for it so if anyone can help cause i reely need help for to get my car fixed i am desperate for my car if anyone can get back to me and HELP.

Thanks

Craig.

2003 172
im pretty sure its not a immoboliser fault, becuase my mums had the immoboliser fault and it still made a noise when the key is turned. mine dont make a noise at all