ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Williams 0001 & FCS 2006

Beetle
Your wasting your time mate i've gone on about it loads, they're not bothered as it's 'too late' now :)

How is 001 being displayed? is it going to be roped off or will we have a chance to look inside, under the bonent etc?

Lee

BMW M2C
We are bothered, but what can we do? Force people to be interested in a car they aren't? Rig the votes for the flyer competition? We can't be any fairer then letting members do the design and then vote for the winner.

The car will be roped off and locked and also undercover. I'm sure you can appreciate that Renault don't want it mauling and scratching.

S2000
Lee said:
We are bothered, but what can we do? Force people to be interested in a car they aren't? Rig the votes for the flyer competition? We can't be any fairer then letting members do the design and then vote for the winner.

The point I was making was just that it should have been stipulated in the design criteria for the fliers that there should be both Mk1's and Mk2's . The truth is there are loads more Mk2 owners than Mk1 owners now so the voting is likely to reflect that but unless the club wants to become known as a Mk2 only club then it should make sure people are aware it caters for all clio owners.

I know it's too late to change it now, just want to point it out for future reference.

dk

911 GTS Cab
did the old flyer have an MK1's on it? I can't remember for sure but wasn't it just a pic of a v6?

I'm sure we could still do another flyer but with just mk1s on it, then people could have a selection of each and flyer each model with the appropriate flyer :)

S2000
I'm not sure about the old flier as I haven't seen it. I just think that as things stand the club is losing a lot of Mk1 owners to other forums and to try and stop that it needs to make sure it shows that it accomodates Mk1 owners as well. I think it's a bit different if there was only a V6 on it as, from what you say, it sounds like it's only one car one their but iirc there are cars on both side of the current leaflet. IMO it would be just as easy to put Mk1's on one side an Mk2's on the other.

S2000
lol, I did think about that but TBH I don't know of any Mk3 owners on here at the moment. I would say the same with regards them in a wee while as more Mk3 clios start to appear.