ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio VS 350z

Stripped yozza'd cup
The advantage of fwd, you don't have to have balls The size of melons to sling it into a corner and bury the throttle.

I don't know how much there would be between them in the twists with equal drivers? Anyone driven both?

alexessex_7

ClioSport Club Member
  250 Cup & BG 182
ha ha.... brilliant! I nearly got a 350z but couldnt afford the insurance...went for a 182 instead. made the right choice i reckon!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Driver of the Z has his hands far too high for my liking .. that will be throwing his balance off making it feel much more unsteady than it probably is.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Far too much travel in the suspension to be on stiff coilovers. Looks relatively standard to me.

Edit: Possibly on springs

Agree'd.

Clio driver makes me want an 1*2 though.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
LOL @ some of the comments in here.

The driver of that Z isn't the best. Not saying I'm Senna or anything, but he's all over the place. Literally.

The advantage of a FWD chassis is it's so much more lenient for the beginner. You can chuck it everywhere in the dry and you'll rarely come unstuck; on the road at least.

A well-driven Z is not to be stiffed at. They super heavy to drive though, at least I thought they we're. :eek:

Evo 5 RS
The insurance on a 350z was more for me than an Aston V8 vantage! Really can't work that one out....

it's worked out on statistics and ownership numbers. Quite obviously there are a lot more plebs stacking 350zs in a similar age bracket to yourself then there are V8 Vantages ;)

S4 Avant
it's worked out on statistics and ownership numbers. Quite obviously there are a lot more plebs stacking 350zs in a similar age bracket to yourself then there are V8 Vantages ;)

I'm going to agree with you on that one. An impreza for me is £3000+ in insurance, a 350Z £800 and a Lamborghini Gallardo? Just under £1700

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
LOL @ some of the comments in here.

The driver of that Z isn't the best. Not saying I'm Senna or anything, but he's all over the place. Literally.

The advantage of a FWD chassis is it's so much more lenient for the beginner. You can chuck it everywhere in the dry and you'll rarely come unstuck; on the road at least.

A well-driven Z is not to be stiffed at. They super heavy to drive though, at least I thought they we're. :eek:

Lol at the way you take this thread far too seriously :S

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Sorry. Maybe I should've gone with...

"OMGZ teh Clio iz teh bestestssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!11! 350Z's are f*ckin sh*t"

Seriously.

Stripped yozza'd cup

Fair enough, but the car is 3x the value.... You'd think it would balance out.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Sorry. Maybe I should've gone with...

"OMGZ teh Clio iz teh bestestssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!11! 350Z's are f*ckin sh*t"

Seriously.

Maybe or u could have just seen it as the light hearted watch the guy intended it to be??

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Is there anything that can beat an R.S Clio in teh twisties?

They should just stop manufacturing hot hatches... Nuffin' will eva compare!

Clio driver has just got bigger bawlz, simple as.

As already mentioned, FWD and RWD completely diff to drive fast.

BMW 330ci Clubsport
350z driver isn't the best

But thats not the point in my opinion. The Clio was in front, and stayed in front because of the road. When the 350z was close and pulling more than the Clio at the beginning, he had no space to overtake. If he had of got past then, he would have been able to keep the Clio behind him

Having had a 350z and a 182 I can honestly say that a 182 with an equally skilled driver would lag well behind the 350Z. The 350z is an awesome car with virtually no body roll, sticks to the road like billy-o, and obviously has bags more oomph. Both great cars but the 350z is in another league, and another price tag....

320d
On a tight road like that FWD will benefit the Clio. RWD is better for more sweeping bends.

As much as people hype up RWD from my experience I prefare FWD overall.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Nice video.

The Nissan clearly had the legs on the clio outside of the twisty stuff. I would put money on the clio being quicker around a track than the 350z though (a track without a massive straight anyway!)