ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Trophy 001/500

bg 182 ff
i have seen a red 172 kicking about like love the colour. i have had the lupo a year now and i hae noticed that somebody has coppied my car so it might be my twin ha.
and the ly 172 isnt finished yet it is still in the garage will be on the road within the month. so will be the two of us kicking about.

where about are you from knuckles?

bg 182 ff
oh so are you up here often?? used to be in roker retail all the time on a sunday night ha( im not a chav) with the lads like. seen a few ly rs megane's kicking about like all with the same renaultsport stickers on, was that ever you??

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
Yeah mate thatl be me, I'm sure I've seen a green Lupo about a few times.

I'd be up for a meet at some point. Where do you live in whitburn? Did you go to the school?

Knuckles are you going to CSS?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I've only been down here a month so can't say when I'll be back yet

Aah you may have seen me in the red rep then, I was with Jonw from here with his arctic 182, an xr2 and maybe an old mini ha. One of the ly meganes is/was on here but I've never spoke to him properly

Do you know the guy with the pimp my ride lupo? You'll know which one I mean lol

Yeah I am rob :) you?

bg 182 ff
pimp my ride lupo been the black and white one with the tribal design on it??
old mini with a union jack roof and low as hell??? i will have probably seen you about i cant picture the exact one as they are all very similar

and rob i went to whitburn school yeah and i live near the doctors/cemetry when did you leave if you went to whitburn?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
pimp my ride lupo been the black and white one with the tribal design on it??
old mini with a union jack roof and low as hell??? i will have probably seen you about i cant picture the exact one as they are all very similar

and rob i went to whitburn school yeah and i live near the doctors/cemetry when did you leave if you went to whitburn?

Lol! Yeah that lupo! And yeah that's the mini, dark blue I think it is. My old one just looked like a trophy, which in turn looks like a normal 182 so I doubt it'd have jumped out at you

bg 182 ff
i have heard that lupo isnt even a gti so i wouldnt have wasted the money buying it. he bought it like that as i was looking at it on piston heads im sure its a 1.4 or summit with the gti exhaust and a MASSIVE body kit so it is riduculous ha.
i have seen the mini and loved it i love the old minis but would never run one as heard the relability factor is horrendous.

i think i will have probably seen the car, but i cant picture it :eek: when your back up north mate should pm me or summit defo have a meet. realy wanna get involved in the cs scene and get to no the members

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
Yeah knuckles I think il be going too.

I left four years ago I think it was, how about you?

It's a pity hearing that number one got written off.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
i have heard that lupo isnt even a gti so i wouldnt have wasted the money buying it. he bought it like that as i was looking at it on piston heads im sure its a 1.4 or summit with the gti exhaust and a MASSIVE body kit so it is riduculous ha.
i have seen the mini and loved it i love the old minis but would never run one as heard the relability factor is horrendous.

i think i will have probably seen the car, but i cant picture it :eek: when your back up north mate should pm me or summit defo have a meet. realy wanna get involved in the cs scene and get to no the members

The 1.4 16v lupos had the central exhaust anyway, my mate had one, they're such fun little cars :D

Yeah I think the mini has a tendency to piss fluids lol.

Will do mate :) you coming to CSS?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Frank Williams wrote no. 1 off? Rly?! So they adapted it for him to use it with hand controls and then he crashed it? Sounds like a myth to me!

5 GTT & Orb'd Trophy
i think thats a load of s**t being no.2 where is the plate number and also why has he not put the chassi no on so ppl can check it up with renault

Why is it a load of s**t? Renault have no database that matches the vin code with limited edition number, that certainly looks to be the correct registration number for #002 it's easily checkable as it was a press car, perhaps you ought to check your facts before you let your fingers do the talking.

5 GTT & Orb'd Trophy
i think thats a load of s**t being no.2 where is the plate number and also why has he not put the chassi no on so ppl can check it up with renault

BTW the Autotrader advert does contain a picture of the number plaque, 002/500 strangely enough.

Clio 172 sport
Why is it a load of s**t? Renault have no database that matches the vin code with limited edition number, that certainly looks to be the correct registration number for #002 it's easily checkable as it was a press car, perhaps you ought to check your facts before you let your fingers do the talking.

I still wouldn't pay more for it without proof I've got the contacts and kit to make a full replica trophy plates and all and make it look like one of the low numbers I've had my fingers burnt before buying "rare" cars when I was younger plus it is traceable the bill of sale would match the logg books date and body vin numbers

iirc HT05 CAX was a long-termed with Autocar and has been referred to as being 002 plenty of times, I think it's fair to say if it was a 'fake' the real owner of 002 would have noticed by now.

5 GTT & Orb'd Trophy
I still wouldn't pay more for it without proof I've got the contacts and kit to make a full replica trophy plates and all and make it look like one of the low numbers I've had my fingers burnt before buying "rare" cars when I was younger plus it is traceable the bill of sale would match the logg books date and body vin numbers

Sorry mate but you do not know what you are talking about. None of the documents you refer to or any others for that matter refer to the Trophy xxx/500 number and not even Renault have a list matching that number with any other. There is some history available on any cars that have registered over on ClioTrophy but even that does not cross match the plaque number with the registration.

BMW 535d

What proof?

Even the Williams were not chassis number dependant. My log book never stated anything to do with #0125/500

It is VERY easy to make a replica. SO being honest if loads of people recognise that as number 2 then it is number 2

Looking at a Trophy
Been to look at 002/500 today

Seems a bit steep in price anyone have any idea what it might be worth?
(Dont wna get ripped off!!!)

5 GTT & Orb'd Trophy
Been to look at 002/500 today

Seems a bit steep in price anyone have any idea what it might be worth?
(Dont wna get ripped off!!!)

As per my reply to your pm on Cliotrophy they are charging a premium for a number and at the end of the day being 002 doesn't make it much different to any of the others out there. Much as i don't like to talk down the price of these cars it is at least a grand over and probably more on that.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
187 is for sale in Birmingham.
The first owner had six cars, the trophy was a toy.
I had that car for three yrs & it wanted for nothing.
My mate was service manager at Renault & everything got replaced under warranty & I mean everything.
A teacher bought it off me & he spent a fortune on it, BG dampers, unrated rears etc etc.
So history wise I know every detail of that car from 3000 miles on.
If you had bought it from Ste the teacher this would of been the bargain of the decade, less than £4700.
I think many were put off by the price but he was going travelling & needed it gone.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
187 is for sale in Birmingham.
The first owner had six cars, the trophy was a toy.
I had that car for three yrs & it wanted for nothing.
My mate was service manager at Renault & everything got replaced under warranty & I mean everything.
A teacher bought it off me & he spent a fortune on it, BG dampers, unrated rears etc etc.
So history wise I know every detail of that car from 3000 miles on.
If you had bought it from Ste the teacher this would of been the bargain of the decade, less than £4700.
I think many were put off by the price but he was going travelling & needed it gone.

I remember when you sold your trophy- you didnt lose very much at all??

S

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Re: Clio Trophy *****NUMBER 1******

The first 6 trophy cars were Renault UK and the press evaluation cars. The first official car sold to the public was number 007 (Lee had it)

Ive got the Recaros out of 007 now. Had them ages!

I heard that the car was broken down, but someone bought the shell and rebuilt it or something along them lines. Would be good to know who has 007 shell.

Sam!

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
I remember when you sold your trophy- you didnt lose very much at all??

S

Couple of hundred for 3 yrs of ownership, but it was 'MINT' & only 17000 miles.

The 197 I bought from Wests was even better, 08/58, 1400 miles, gw, recs, ac & speeds for £10.9, did 5 trackdays & was due a service sold for £12k.(09 when the country went tits up)
Russ had detailed it the week before;)