ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio RS 400 mile/tank challenge!

alien green rs133
i love putting a full tank in my dci and it telling me i have 830 miles till i next need to fill up :D

Nissan 350z
When I filled up the car took 53.21L, so there was a couple of litres of fuel left in there! :D 35.64mpg...

Right, back to driving it properly!

Rich

Hero. Thanks for proving the fact that sensible MPG is possible from the 200. My problem is during the daily commute its all too tempting when frustrated with someone going overly slowly, or hogging a lane etc to just give it the beans. As such my average is around 28mpg :)

BG 182 FF
I brought a clio for the fun that comes with it, also find myself amazed at the fuel economy.

That said, i would be bored as f**k doing 400miles to a tank - should have brought a diesel imo.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
I brought a clio for the fun that comes with it, also find myself amazed at the fuel economy.

That said, i would be bored as f**k doing 400miles to a tank - should have brought a diesel imo.

Do you use your car for commuting? I do, it's boring as f**k whatever speed you go.

If I'm honest, trying to get the MPG to go 0.1 higher brightens up my commute!

Always got Dave Pearce and Deadmau5 sitting in the autochanger if I ever need to get some pace going anyway ;)

BG 182 FF
Yeah unfortunately, do take some random back country roads tho. Maybe thats why i dont study the mpg :)

Deadmau5 :) he does brighten up any journey, went to see him in leeds a couple of years back. Awesome imo.

When I bought the car and filled it, the trip computer said 270 miles and 20 MPG.
I didn't reset it... still don't know how to reset it tbh hehe - but I drove home at 50-60mph for 220 miles.
By the time I got it home it was saying 290 miles range at 38.4mpg and the gauge was at around 60%

I don't think I was driving it right :eek:

It'll drop a lot faster now I'm driving to work round town but I think I could have easily got 400+ out of the tank if the journey was long enough at 50mph.
I wouldn't have survived 8 hours in the car on one journey but it's theoretical.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
YESSS!!!! f**king smashed it ;)

Could easily do better I recon, did someone say 450 mile challenge? ;)

218589e1.jpg

0e7830d4.jpg

I put 45L back in to the car, so if the tank is really 50L I should've had 5L left. Which should easy give me 450 @ 42mpg.

I'll have a go ;)