ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio RS 400 mile/tank challenge!

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
I've managed to get 400 in my 182. That's with a decat. It's not hard really

It's hard for me anyway, if I didn't drive boring on the motorway, and coast as much it would be impossible!

I have a decat too, decat should decrease consumption in theory..

Meg 250/E36 Touring
Will try this. Filling up tomorrow.

No idea what I get tbh never looked on a 200.

I know the Twingo RS got 315 miles @ 37MPG

Ive not actually tried this, got about half a tank left right now.

Next week im going to drive like my mother and hope i can break the 400 mark :p

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
RS200 with 450 miles on a tank full, mixed driving mostly motorway and journeys onto Alps roads, not even trying to drive especially economically - Regularly returning 34mpg, although I only use 98RON SUL.

Clio 182 & Clio 172
I usually fill up on a Sunday night and can get to work and back for 2 weeks, depending on if I have any extra trips in the evenings on that tank, which works out to be 360 miles over 2 seeks, I get between 35-40mpg depending on my mood...

To fcs and back it worked out 540 miles, I used a tank there and half way home, which wasn't too bad, in all honesty I use as much fuel as my 106GTi did...

Does anyone find fuel makes a difference? Like Vpower v normal fuel??

Clio Sport 172 ITB
best i had was 2 years ago running ITB's on the way to the ring. 487 miles to one tank of fuel! i was shocked! i did stick to 60-70 mph the whole way mind you :) but on avrage now i get 250-260 miles a tank and thats normally avraging 17-20 mph (i go through central london alot)

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
400 miles is easy in a 1*2 on a run. Not sure its possible on general day to day driving though

You can but its an art. 47mpg average registering on my Ph1. Used everyday to work with mostly duel carriageway. Round the local roads I can still do 42mpg. I dont drive slow (though 60mph on DC) but its about good observation, limited use of the brakes and keeping momentum rather than ever coming to a stop. I have a motto that I will never rush to work.

AG 200
Would sooner sh!t in my own hands and clap than try squeeze 400 miles out of the 200's tank. The day I start pottering about hoping to reach 400miles, getting flashed at and overtaken by a Smart ForTwo, just so I can w@nk myself into a coma is the day I sell up.

Clio 172
I got around 420 when going to Oxford and back from Manchester. Around 45 mpg showing on trip.

I only usually get 300 miles per tank when going to work and back.

330 Ci
I got this out of my 182 down to London and back.

IMAG0122.jpg

Wasnt fun, and had to drive like an absolute flacid **** to achieve it.. eventually chickened out after 30mins of fuel light roulette, could've probably gone to 440 but my arse had done its quota of twitching for the day.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
So me getting 280 out of a tank with motor way (70-80) and town driving isn't good then

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Weekends kill my MPG, my average went down from 44.5 to 40 :\

Going to do it though, I'm determined!

(Que me running out of fuel going down the A1)

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Like said above, getting over 400 miles to tank in a 1*2 is pretty easy.

Not that it matters to me the Fabia VRs does well over 500 without any problems ;)

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
400 miles from a tank is easy but f**k me it's boring.

My 172 used to get between 280 and 320 from a tank but it was driven properly every day.

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
I could get 400 from mine easily, infact almost 500. I got an indicated 47 mpg today over 140 miles, so call it 45 and that's 495 per tank. That was at 70mph with a few rapid accelerations.

pffft fk that to be quite frank.. i get 250ish out of about 3 quarters of a tank usually when im travelling from bedford back to the north east.. dont think my car would ever see the day of 350 to a tank nvm 400

Easy peasy.

I did it a while back when I was on guard. I was comuting at a time when there was very little traffic on the road, so did a bit of mpg whoring.

On one trip home I averaged 48.8mpg, over a 45 mile journey.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Guys it might be possible when you're driving on the motorway non stop to a track day etc but I'm on about every day driving here :)

So was I.

A47 from Norwich to near Kings Lynn. Includes driving through Norwich and country roads to camp.

Trophy #387
Only filled up my car once and I don't have a trip computer...

/fail

Used over half a tank getting up to FCS, following the RS's all the way was not good for my poor little car :( Foot flat for miles at a time just to keep them in sight lol

I doing a little test right now to see what's the best MPG my 200 FF can manage. So far, the trip computer is saying 32.5mpg, but in reality it's much better. This has been done over 1.5 weeks going to work and back, which consists of sitting in Reading traffic, M4 J12 > J14 to Hungerford (through roadworks). On the way back I go a country lane route and come out onto the A4, then onto A34 > M4 J13 and back to Reading. I've also done a fair few school runs too.

Some screen shots and I know many won't believe me :D

IMAG0362.gif

IMAG0363.gif

IMAG0364.gif

IMAG0365.gif

IMAG0366.gif

Have seen 35mpg indicated over a 40 miles run, but school runs and sitting in busy traffic drags this down over a longer distance.

Hoping for 420 odd miles from this tank, which is about 35 REAL mpg (not some trip computer fantasy). After that, I'll see how low I can get it ;)

Rich

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
Glad someone else has found the 200 trip computer reads low, I think tank to tank full calculated 35mpg from the 200 on runs is completely respectable.

Listerine & Poledo
Will get a pic next time I do a trip up North again, just to prove I get 400 without probs.

But that's with a 172.

32.5 Average? I'd hate to have a 200 :|

How many miles do you get to how much fuel? Some trip computers are a 'bit' optimistic..

Assuming you have the same tank size as a RS 200 (55L) then at a REAL 43MPG you'd be covering 520 miles per tank, right?

Rich

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
How many miles do you get to how much fuel? Some trip computers are a 'bit' optimistic..

Assuming you have the same tank size as a RS 200 (55L) then at a REAL 43MPG you'd be covering 520 miles per tank, right?

Rich

The best calculated MPG was 38.7mpg, at 390ish miles. The computer said 40.1mpg so it's not 100% accurate but then my sums might not be :)

Err I think the tank on a Mk2 is 50L? Takes around £60 to fill, for between 360-390 miles so far.

UPDATE:
I don't think I'll be able to do this now, had a play with a RS200 cup on the A1 and my MPG took a dive..

Ph1 T
filled up before fcs costing 61 quid nailed it down there 20 min on track nailed it back then used for a few days got 330 to tank in my 182

Megane 225 F1
I drove 370 miles to Cornwall and back with a few miles driving around town while down there. I think if I hadn't done the town driving I would have been able to make it last longer.Red light came on as I got to my town. Perfect timing.

Ok.. the end of the dullest 2 weeks of driving since buying the Clio! :)

IMAG0378.gif

I chickened out after that and got some fuel as the Range was showing ---- for several short trips. I don't think you can get much better than this for MIXED DRIVING in a 200 FF. Sat on the motorway at 60-70mph it should be possible to get 450+ easily.

When I filled up the car took 53.21L, so there was a couple of litres of fuel left in there! :D 35.64mpg...

Right, back to driving it properly!

Rich

Last edited: