ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio RS 400 mile/tank challenge!

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
How many of you have managed to get over 400 miles from one tank in a Sport?

I could do it easy I recon if I didn't use my car at weekends!

Also I'm sure this gets asked a lot, but how much fuel is left once the fuel light comes on?

I've come close, twice, my best so far being 386! :)

Depressing perhaps, but it's possible! I think maybe with a V6 airbox it might be more easily achievable.

What do you think?

Dan

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
WTF! I struggle to get 300, 320 if i'm on a longish run.

In my 182 i could get 400 out of a tank, your 172 should do it fine.

I dont think a V6 airbox will help, keep the standard set up.

also do regular oil changes and check tyre pressure only little things but it can all add up.

Fuel light is about 40miles i think.

400 miles? Should be driving a 1.2.

Unfortunately my journey to work isn't much of an economy run with a stretch in traffic on the M1 followed by some lovely NSL roads.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Infact, i did a motorway trip to scotland, I'd fill up here then drive to my grandads and fuel light comes on as i pulled up at 316 miles. but i was probs doing 90-100 all the way there.

Just to add to this, my journey to the hotel for FCS on sat was done (according to the trip computer) at an average of 60mph and 48mpg.

If I could drive like that for an entire tank I am sure 400 miles would be possible. I would be bored as hell though.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
I average about 42mpg when driving to work so in theory should be able to get over 450miles from brimmed to dry!

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
In my 182 i could get 400 out of a tank, your 172 should do it fine.

I dont think a V6 airbox will help, keep the standard set up.

also do regular oil changes and check tyre pressure only little things but it can all add up.

Fuel light is about 40miles i think.

I currently have a cheap cone filter on the car bud... heatsoak R us...

400 miles? Should be driving a 1.2.

Unfortunately my journey to work isn't much of an economy run with a stretch in traffic on the M1 followed by some lovely NSL roads.

That's the problem I'm having, too many NSL roads on my commute :evil:

Fuk the 1.2....

I average about 42mpg when driving to work so in theory should be able to get over 450miles from brimmed to dry!

In theory, yes ;)

Golf GTD Mk7
I used to get 400miles all the time when commuting. Stick at 70 and it's easy. Boring as hell though.

Never... Kent to Bristol and back is a regular journey for me and at 320ish miles and it doesn't have much left to give!! No chance I'm doing the journey at 60 all the way either to see if it's possible!!

None :(
Since getting my RS2, i can't even reach 300 miles, and thats all motorway driving, and not going above 4krpm (on the run that is).

Titanium 182
I get about 350/400 all day long in the Clio, if I'm on the motorway. If it's on a back road I wouldn't be surprised if I had to fill up half way down the road itself!

Seeing as I never bought the car for it's fuel economy I'm quite impressed with it :)

GTD, Lupo
Yeah, mainly motor way miles (£65). Its on 23k now and normally averages 30-32k but driving 65mph on the motor way i get 36-40mpg.

This is Cliosport. MINIMUM 50mpg whilst slaying Veyrons in the twisties and straights.

I averaged 99.99mpg in my Focus RS yesterday. PMSL. Gimps.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Yeah, mainly motor way miles (£65). Its on 23k now and normally averages 30-32k but driving 65mph on the motor way i get 36-40mpg.

Your tank is 5L bigger, so I guess you doing 440 is about the same as a mk2 doing 400!

Btw, a full tank cost me £65 yesterday in my Mk2 Ph1 :(

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
............... ive done 350miles to just under half a tank

DCI's FTW!!!!

75mpg? Whats the reliability like on the dci's? Heard plenty of horror stories that would indicate the cost of keeping one running outlays the mpg benefit

1.5 Clio Dynamique
75mpg? Whats the reliability like on the dci's? Heard plenty of horror stories that would indicate the cost of keeping one running outlays the mpg benefit

ive only had mine since Febuary so i cant really say,

no major breakdowns apart from 2 turbos, a rear bearing and a intermittent oil leak lol, but they were all fixed under warranty (apart from the bearing)

they are like any other cars i suppose, treat them well and they will treat you well

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i

no major breakdowns apart from 2 turbos, a rear bearing and a intermittent oil leak lol, but they were all fixed under warranty (apart from the bearing)

they are like any other cars i suppose, treat them well and they will treat you well

So in 4 months it could have cost you a grand? lols

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
So I've done 100 miles and the computer thinks I still have 400 left!

Weekends always kill my MPG though :( but this week could be the week!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

Jesus, what do you class as a major breakdown then?