ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio reputation...

Dirty E91

Been mailing a mate, he started to talk about a guy at his work who has a CTR who when buying dismissed the 182 as its french and badly built. Went on to say how this guy has told him that his been driving around and Evo drivers have pulled up next to him and given him th the "nod of respect"! Im like please tell me he didn;t actually tell you this!

I mentioned that I thought the CTR was a bit van/mvp like for me and looked like Honda had tried too hard compared to the Clio. Anyway hes gone away and told his mate this and his mate came back with this...

Ill stick with my bread van, where I can sit 2 adults in the back and 2 dogs in the boot... Hothatch not a chavved up supermini with white stripes

Waiting to see what the response to my email is, went along the lines of, have you seen my car? (black 182, cup susp) NO? How do you know what it looks like, and I can get 4 adults in it thanks!

Quote: Originally posted by martynh on 30 June 2005

Hothatch not a chavved up supermini with white stripes
LOL - Hes right though!

The Clio is quicker than the Jaz though (its main competition)

Dirty E91

I know I shouldnt have bothered with him but it was the "nod of respect" thing made me laugh!

I know my car isnt the best built car around its french for gods sake but some people just ask to have the mick taken when they love themselves too much.

People who can drive, and know a bit about drivers cars, know that the RS Clios are fantastic point-to-point machines far greater than the sum of their parts, not to mention their price.

Just enjoy your car and let people think what they like about it :) Theres no standard CTR that would worry an RS Clio this side of 100mph, and certainly none that are as much fun to drive. Those who know cars appreciate this, and those that dont, cant be told, so dont bother trying.

I like the CTR. If it had better steering I might own one. But it doesnt, so I dont ;)

BTW you wont get 4 adults in mine?!

Im only 6ft tall, and theres a 3" gap between the back of my seat and the rear bench. Aint no adult sitting in there!

ive had four adults in mine alot of the time n im 6ft 1 n have my seat way back. its not a problem. just tell him to grow up n act his age he might not liek a tellin off :oops:

the adult that has to sit behind me usually goes sideways and only on short trips to the pub. 2+2 i think not, three at a push

Elise/VX220/R26

I think the clio if anything has similar chav levels to the CTR (ie not a lot) I do think that racing stripes look stupid though, really cheapens the look of too many poweder blue 182s Ive seen, that sort of thing might lead people to think that all clios are chavved up when really they arent. Any yes they sure do get respect on the road as most other performance car drivers will have been either beaten or surprised by one at some time!

Audi RS4

Id have a ctr over a clio anyday if the prices where similar.But there not so Ill have a meg 225 instead!;) (my mates got a ctr and hes had sh*tloads of trouble with it too,not as reliable as people think)

Elise/VX220/R26

thats where renault always wins, its why I chose the 172 and the 225, you just cant go as quick for your £££

Was 5 up in mine on one of the runs into swindon in March, dont think there waas much room back there though!

Octavia VRS

2 dogs in the boot of his breadvan? Im calling the RSPCA!

4 adults is a bit tight in the Clio too tho!

172 Cup

I got Pete in the back of mine in Spa ;)
I test drove the CTR, Biny Cooper S, and the 206 180, before we settled on our 5th Clio. The CTR, due to its VVT, has to be reved to bits all the time to get the performance out of it, and having changed fron 5th to 2nd with that stupid gearstick. All this and the fact that the salesman was a totel "plonker" put me off.

182... again!

I considered a Type-R too! Build quality seemed better and Honda reliability is better. BUT, didnt like driving position (to low in car for me with no adjustment) and an extra 4.5k for fewer toys! Performance seems almost identical and I only need a small car! Well pleased with 182, love the understated look and performance etc etc etc!!!!!!!!!!