ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Renaultsport 200 announced

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I like it. The bumper join line looks strange at first, but I think it's probably very necessary. Without it the front end would look wrong. Subtle lines like this have a big impact on the overall look. Some people just can't handle change. Many of the haters will say it's "grown" on them, around about the time it becomes affordable to them.

I agree that 200 doesn't sound as good when spoken. They'd be better off naming it Clio 193, which is probably what it now has.
Each to their own I suppose. The 197 looks great, always has (especially with cup packs). This doesn't look as cohesive, like it's had a front end grafted on that wasn't really designed for it, which I suppose is whats happened. Could put up with the looks if the drives better though!

This doesn't look as cohesive, like it's had a front end grafted on that wasn't really designed for it, which I suppose is whats happened.

I know what you mean, but this a perception caused by people already knowing how the car 'should' look. It happens with many facelifts. In fact, I know lots of people who said the exact same thing about the ph II Clio 2 when it launched.

As you say, each to their own. I'm personally the type of person who adjusts very quickly to changes like this. I almost always like styling changes right from the start. Other people are different.

also...much prefer the rims on the current 197 as opposed to those new wheels in the pics. am guessing you will have options, but I would stick with current rims in anthracite

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
That a quote from Evo Warren? <<< Now THAT is sarcasm my friend! :rasp:;)
Pretty sure it's not. But well done, took you a while and you came up with that.
clap.gif

E92 M3
i love it tbh

been looking throw the pics there and the black with dark cup wheels seems 2 suit me

no dout it will be a good car

E87 118d M Sport
i did re-read it lol.

i read it. went to a new thread, came back to show the guy next to me.
thought it was a swear word mistake gap, evidentally not.

i will re-submit IIRC for TBQFH!! ;)

the diffuser is the best improvement imo...havnt flicked through 6 pages so may have missed it, how much are they going to cost...

ibiza cupra
not sure on the front end but it may grow on me. i didnt like the front end that much on the mk2`s but now i love em so maybe there is still time for me to like it.

172cup
I am liking the look of this new clio. Love the fact that last month when i was in a Renault garage the bloke vehemently denied a new clio or facelift. Good ol ren dealers!

Still think they could have done a turbo two seater with lsd and machine guns! Or maybe thats just what I want!

I fancy a yellow one.

extra 3 bhp, even shorter ratios, same 0-60 time?

edit: Just fyi, me no like. Very glad i got mine when I did tbh.

b/g 182, meg tourer
i prefer the 197 tbh. not keen on the front end of the 200 and an extra 3bhp doesn't really seem worth it.

197 cup for me