ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Renaultsport 197 Official Prices

Lee

BMW M2C
Nice one Jay. At last someone who has actually been and spoken to a dealer instead of just mouthing off without the facts.

EVO VII
Rich said:
Was that 15.3 with Xenons Jay?

Yes 15.3 Climate control Xenons auto lights & wipers. This is what he reckons anyway. about 10% discount but who knows he cant say for sure untill june when it's released. Might just be lies at the moment just to get me interested.

MINI JCW
JayGTT said:
Yes 15.3 Climate control Xenons auto lights & wipers. This is what he reckons anyway. about 10% discount but who knows he cant say for sure untill june when it's released. Might just be lies at the moment just to get me interested.

You cant trust what the renault dealer says, they have a serious lack of product knowledge

MINI JCW
Lee said:
Nice one Jay. At last someone who has actually been and spoken to a dealer instead of just mouthing off without the facts.

I know a lot of crap is being spoken but the facts remain its going to be more expensive than the 182 and you get less equipments in it, only time will tell on performance and handling

MINI JCW
I know people are talking about discounts but if you order it through the Renaultsport website today (you would have to be insane to do it) then you will pay full price!

£17.5k when specced up like a 182 LOL

EVO VII
gazcaddy said:
You cant trust what the renault dealer says, they have a serious lack of product knowledge

This bloke knows what he's on about ive had a few cars of him, it's a franchised dealer. He knows all about the RS range having owned most of them V6, 172, 225.. Plus he drives a Ferrari so i have to believe him haha.. :D

Nissan 350Z
Is it just me who is dismayed by the lack of genuine hot hatches now with the true hot hatch ethos: Cheap, affordable, fast and fun, without any pretentions? A lot of cars can match most of that criteria, but the affordability is just getting silly now.

It just doesnt seem to exist. Christ, the closest you get it that kind of thing now is the likes of the Fabia vRS and C2 VTS, and ones a diesel, and the others not even fast...

people people, why try to prejudge.

lets put it into perspective. Power for the new RS is the same as a MK5 golf GTI and about 170KGs lighter (may be more) The golf with all the options ticked is about £25K.

Now this is a Clio forum, think what you will. Virtually every petrol headed mag. has said the !*" is better dynamically, and could not be beaten for the bucks.

Now we have a car that is a bit heavier and kicks out this much against the "Holy Grail"?.

This is even more daft. The cars so often raged about are not even in the same class.

DO NOT compare a car that is NOT even available to cars that are within the suppliers markets.

Blaze

Just to remind everyone what we're talking about... lol

416897843.jpg

R

rich[182]

Just read the preview in latest top gear :-

159 Ib/ft torque
215/45 R17's
Front track is +48mm
Rear track is +50mm
Wheelbase +10mm
Bigger anti-roll bars
New bushes
Subframe from Megane 225
312mm x-drilled front discs
Brembo 4 pot callipers
300mm rear discs
Revised power steering
Rear diffuser for 40kg of negative lift
Side vents
5 star Euro NCAP safety and 8 air bags

Reckon handling will be the thing that sets this aside, think theres more to it than just thinking its only +15bhp with more weight to shift

gazcaddy said:
I know people are talking about discounts but if you order it through the Renaultsport website today (you would have to be insane to do it) then you will pay full price!

£17.5k when specced up like a 182 LOL

Not true about paying full price. All the Renaultsport site does is put you first in line. The price is dealt by you and the dealer.

Astra VXR 17/05/07
cliobuyer said:
Personally i think a lot of current RS owners don't even like their 182s. It seems the only important thing to them is performance. All too often on this forum we hear about 'chipping' and "it will have 280bhp" blah blah blah. Just accept you're too cheap to buy the Leon or CTR you lust after.

Likewise, there are too many pikey blinkered members who think a bit of leather in a 182 makes it a classy car. It ain't. Step in any modern hatch and it is light years ahead of the Clio in terms of quality and refinement. The only thing going for them is performance.

Biggest load of Bollox i have read on this forum, possible ever.

The only thing going for 182`s is performance. Wtf !!!

The 182 has so much more going for it than performance. I am the first to agree the build quality is not good but as well as performance they have handling, and a superb list of standard equipment, these are the facts that make the 182 so much more than just a performance car. They have looks as well but that's not fact, that's an opinion.

As for the to cheap to buy Leon OR Ctr ??? I could easily afford one and i bet a lot of 182 owners could, but i went for the cheaper 182 because they had way more to offer as a package than both of these.

I almost went for the much more expensive Cooper S and am glad i didn`t. The reason ??? Because i would be sacrificing almost everything else for better build quality, all the things a hot hatch are about, which is why i went for the 182, and i`m still to have a single regret.

R

rich[182]

Think cliobuyer's post is a bit over the top tbh
To say we are too cheap to buy a LTR or CTR is a cheap shot

People do have a life outside cars and maybe chose to spend the money saved by getting a 172/182 towards having a life, and not putting everything into a new car. Personally I wanted my 172 but I could have payed upto £4k more on something else but decided I'd spend the rest on holidays, going out, clothes and savings, 172/182 are value for money and at the time for a new car were arguably the best choice for those wanting a new hot hatch without breaking the bank and a good mpg return too. Other alternatives for what I paid were 2nd hand LTR, CTR or Scoobs but looking at upto 2 year old with anything between 20k and 50k miles - not for me

Just another snippet of history for you:

When the Mk2 was released in 1998, the top model was the "16V" - with the 110bhp 1.6 lump - costing about £15k (bit of an insult to the Mk1 16V). We didn't really know whether it was intended as a Renaultsport model, but it was duly re-named the "RSi" when the Ph1 172 arrived in 2000 and later became a stadard engine / trim option. This gives us some indication of the state of the market back in the day.

There hadn't been a Renaultsport model since the demise of the 16V and Williams in early 1996 - so, today, to have a bona fide Mk3 sporting model competitively priced and released shortly after the boggo models is excellent news.

Clio 172 mk2
rich172 said:
Think cliobuyer's post is a bit over the top tbh
To say we are too cheap to buy a LTR or CTR is a cheap shot

People do have a life outside cars and maybe chose to spend the money saved by getting a 172/182 towards having a life, and not putting everything into a new car. Personally I wanted my 172 but I could have payed upto £4k more on something else but decided I'd spend the rest on holidays, going out, clothes and savings, 172/182 are value for money and at the time for a new car were arguably the best choice for those wanting a new hot hatch without breaking the bank and a good mpg return too. Other alternatives for what I paid were 2nd hand LTR, CTR or Scoobs but looking at upto 2 year old with anything between 20k and 50k miles - not for me

Too true...the Clio is easy to live with because is relatively cheap:D

I would buy one for 16000£ any day... but it costs 32000€ here in Finland, that is ~21620£.

My 1.6 16V was about 14000£ as new 3 years ago :(

172 Cup
They had a red one on show at castle combe yesterday! i would rather buy a trophy version, is there one in the pipeline?

sharkaroo said:
They had a red one on show at castle combe yesterday! i would rather buy a trophy version, is there one in the pipeline?
There a Cup version due (depends how well stock one sells) but it might be called trophy or reangatti etc.