ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Renaultsport 197 Official Prices

OTR price £15995.

Options:

Auto Lights and Wipers - £75.00
Tyre Pressure Monitor - £250.00
Climate Control (only available with auto lights etc) - £250.00
Electric Heated / folding door mirrors - £100.00
4 x 15W RDS Radio with Single CD and 6 speakers - £100.00
Extra Tinted Windows - £200.00
Panoramic Sunroof - £600.00
Carminat Sat Nav - £1000.00
Double Distance Xenon Headlamps - £500.00
Pre Telephone Equipment - £100.00
4x 15W Radio with single CD and MP3 player with 4 speakers and 2 tweeters - £100.00
4 x 40W Cabasse radio with 6CD (dashmounted) and 4 speakers and 2 tweeters - £350.00
Metallic Paint - £350.00
Dedicated Cornering Lights - £150.00

Colours available are :

Non Metallic - Ultra Red and Racing Blue
Metallic - Deep Black, Albi Blue and Nimbus
:D :D :D

...and where are the seats mentioned in Top Gear?!

I'm glad most are extras to be honest, I hate auto-wipers and lights so the chance to not have it is a blessing, and there isn't anything else there I would want.

clio 182 black /gold
Josh27 said:
Jees seems like everything is an extra now!

What are Dedicated Cornering Lights?
When you turn a corner the lights light up that side of the road. I had a new clio for a hire car and it did this. Weird at night LOL

MKIII 138
yea but thats not buymynewcar or motorpoint price im sure the internet retailers will be far cheaper after a few months. if it isnt avalibe cheaper than that then sod it and get a 225 instead lol £15k brand new facelift cup !

Tangoed Works
Panoramic sunroof is a touch. All the cars Ive had have had sunroofs and my last car was convertable so I do miss it in the 182. Oh well the stiffer body shell makes up for it I guess!

Don't forget the 182 list price was £15.2k with Cup packs so its only £800 or so more.
Although to be fair the 182 is closer in spec which was £13.8k.

133/225/CLS AMG
There are definitely a lot of options that should come as standard on there!!

Very expensive if you ask me, I worked out that getting it to the same spec as the Megane 225 I bought at the beginning of this year it would cost £17,370!! I got my Megane (from a broker) for £16,400!!!!! :eek:

Lets hope some of the brokers are gonna get these in a lot cheaper, Buymynewcar, Buyacar.co.uk, Motorpoint etc.

dk

911 GTS Cab
sorry but for that price i am going to stick to the Focus ST 3 i can get for £15500 inc. met paint.

that is overpriced and has options that shouldn't be options and should be standard, Renault have made a mistake with this one and I for one will not be getting one now, thats for sure.

Options are just a way to throw money away, you get nothing for them at resale so whatever ones you choose is money you will never see any of it back, thats was what attracted me to the 182, all the options i wanted but i didn't have to worry about which ones to choose because they will make the car worth more but for it not to be and it be a myth.

Arrgghhh, why oh why do they have to go and spoil a good thing, as has been said, thats pretty much cup spec for more cost than a full fat 182.

B-road bully
i guess it comes as a cup version std, then for a full fat u gota do it urself or they mite release one with all the extras? u shudnt have options on ur flagship model renault.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Don't like it , i'll stick with my 182 , as meggerman says , get yourself a meg 225 for 15k ;)

133/225/CLS AMG
Renault just seem to have put the Clio 197 in a category of its own. Its somewhere between the Clio 172/182 and the Megane 225 in as far as size/price etc.

The appeal of the 182s was that they offer a lot of features and performance. The 197 has now been stuck into a bracket that is too expensive for a 'super mini' and not a big enough car to be a 'sports hatch'.

Renault should have stuck to the formula they had with the 182 and just updated it from there.

Megane 225? Focus ST? new Civic Type-R??? or Clio 197? I know which one I wouldn't have :(

MKIII 138
think we should wait and see what brokers start to offer on these models, its early days. i remember the MKII172 i got from the internet at 12.5k brandnew, 1 year on the 182came out and within a few month that was avaliable at £10.5k-£11 new, most likely when the fuss has settled down and reno bring out lots of different variants to confuse customers the prices will be more like £13k-£14k not £17k, decent cars are a bit more expensive these days and to be fair it is a refined model over the old one so you have to pay for this.

would anyone buy a new one at £14k with xenons thrown in ?

133/225/CLS AMG
You're probably right there meggerman, prices will undoubtedly come down.

But as it stands at the moment you could get a new or second hand Megane 225 for less and that offers minimal performance gains but a bigger car and IMO better looks lol

Having said that I am biased. ;)

Am I the only one thinking that's about the right price?

New techonology is always dearer than the one it replaces...

Should also keep the boyracer type people away!

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
^ Yes I think you are.. Its a fecking Renault for christ sake. Its FAR to expensive. And as for the boyracer comment. Just look at the CTR. I see loads a chav's driving them around lately.

How can they justify it?. Yes it may be better made, but you might as well stick with a 172/182.

Because its a Renault I bet it will take a right hit in the depreciation...

You might as well get a better second hand sports car for that price.

RENAULT YOU HAVE MADE A BIG MISTAKE HEAR :(.

Like someone's already said it's not far off the original 182 list price.

The Mk1 172 was 16k when first introduced back in the day!

Two issues I see here...

1) People are comparing the full 197 price with what you can realistically get other cars for. Yes you can get an ST for £15,500, but list with met is £17,870 (or over £18k in Orange) and the option list is just as extensive and expensive. Apply the sort of discount almost every person achieved on the 182 and you should get a 197 with the most popular option(s) for significantly less.

2) A Clio Trophy should have set you back £15,500, only £495 less than the new 197. Hardly a big difference is it, aside from the Recaro's the Trophy was Cup spec, so not a great difference there either.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Day said:
Like someone's already said it's not far off the original 182 list price.

The Mk1 172 was 16k when first introduced back in the day!
yes but it came with all the options which is the point, from the looks of it you don't even get a cd as standard with there being 2 as options!

no auto lights or wipers on a 16k clio yet you get it on much cheaper renaults, wheres the logic in that, the only thing they haven't asked extra for are the airbags!!!!!

dave182 said:
yes but it came with all the options which is the point, from the looks of it you don't even get a cd as standard with there being 2 as options!

no auto lights or wipers on a 16k clio yet you get it on much cheaper renaults, wheres the logic in that, the only thing they haven't asked extra for are the airbags!!!!!

A CD player is standard, those options are just for uprated head-units and speakers afaik. Look closely at the list and its only climate and zenons that have been deleted, none of that other stuff was standard on the FF 182 apart from the silly auto stuff. I think I might be right in saying that you get digital AC as standard, CC is cost option, so its not quite gone back to 172 Cup specification!

If anything I reckon they've listened to feedback regarding lights and wipers, absolutely no need for them and I'm glad to see them gone on the Renaultsport model. Completely useless bits of technology that were there for technologies sake.

Last edited:

dk

911 GTS Cab
ukaskew said:
Two issues I see here...

1) People are comparing the full 197 price with what you can realistically get other cars for. Yes you can get an ST for £15,500, but list with met is £17,870 (or over £18k in Orange) and the option list is just as extensive and expensive. Apply the sort of discount almost every person achieved on the 182 and you should get a 197 with the most popular option(s) for significantly less.

2) A Clio Trophy should have set you back £15,500, only £495 less than the new 197. Hardly a big difference is it, aside from the Recaro's the Trophy was Cup spec, so not a great difference there either.
ok, lets compare it to an ST1, £17,870 but and £16,345 for the clio, so £1500 buys me the next size car up (megane size), its faster, 2.5 litre turbo volvo engine which is an amazing engine, after 3 years, its worth more than a golf GTi, the clio will be worth as much as a paper bag, for my money, not even taking discounts into account the Focus is a MUCH better buy!

Mark 1 Clio V6
Also remember that the majority of these internet brokers are offering you the discount based on you being the second registered owner.

It's swings and roundabouts whether you get it as a pre-registered or brand new through a dealer.

Pre-registered will save you money when you buy, but dealer sourced will mean your car will be worth more when you sell.